Author Topic: Is this the end for Trump?  (Read 17751 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Is this the end for Trump?
« Reply #150 on: October 18, 2016, 10:24:58 PM »
Whatever else happens, the possibility the MSM's back is broken, and they never get the credibility back should Trump win is probably the one single biggest upside in the whole thing.

One more reason (as if we needed another reason) to hold your nose and vote for Trump.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #151 on: October 18, 2016, 10:54:43 PM »
Remember that the average oversampling of the polls is democrat plus 11.  And that in 2008 the cohort that voted bho into office over mccain was democrat plus 7.  And the poll upthread that had trump down 11 to hillary predicted bho to win by 14 in 2012 [bho ended up winning by 4].

I do not have access to the raw data or the exact methodologies being used, but i get the feeling we are being gaslighted.

This.  The establishment panic is so strong this time that we wouldn't be hearing any rational path to victory for trump even if it existed.

I still maintain this election is turnout close.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

grampster

• friend
« Reply #152 on: October 18, 2016, 11:20:58 PM »
OK.  You can take this with a grain of salt.  O'Reilly had his staff poll 25,000 people across the nation as to who they are voting for.  Something like 86% said Trump and less than 20% said Hillary.  They claim the poll was arbitrary.  Who knows.  But it was certainly interesting to read that.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #153 on: October 18, 2016, 11:22:23 PM »
OK.  You can take this with a grain of salt.  O'Reilly had his staff poll 25,000 people across the nation as to who they are voting for.  Something like 86% said Trump and less than 20% said Hillary.  They claim the poll was arbitrary.  Who knows.  But it was certainly interesting to read that.

I like O'Rielly, but that is not a scientific poll.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #154 on: October 18, 2016, 11:37:28 PM »

And you really think the polls that the MSM have foisted on us are?

I don't think it makes any difference one way or the other. Even if Trump actually got 75% of the real vote Hillary will still be president when the final "count" is done.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #155 on: October 19, 2016, 12:11:12 AM »
What will be interesting is if the MSM and major pollsters abandon the Clinton ascendant narrative in favor of something closer to reality as we get near Nov. 8th if/when the tipping point gets reached that their own credibility, ratings, and social capital becomes more important than Clinton.
I promise not to duck.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #156 on: October 19, 2016, 12:15:28 AM »

This isot a scientific poll, either, just my observation. I live in a heavily Democratic state. I se far fewer lawn signs this year than I can ever remember, and most that I see are for state aces rather than the presidency. But ...I think I have seen exactly ONE Hillary lawn sign. On the other hand, I had to drive to a construction site up-state this morning. In the northern part of the sate, I saw a LOT of Trump signs.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #157 on: October 19, 2016, 12:51:28 AM »
Hillary "winning" in 2016 has been pretty much a sure thing since 2012.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams