Author Topic: Is this the end for Trump?  (Read 17746 times)

mellestad

• friend
Re: Is this the end for Trump?
« Reply #50 on: October 09, 2016, 06:44:48 PM »
A lot of people obviously liked his style and what he had to say. He had a message of anger and anti-establishment-ism (that's a word, right?).

There's a lot of people who are lashing out and he seemed like the biggest middle finger available.

Burn it down, right?

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Re: Re: Is this the end for Trump?
« Reply #51 on: October 09, 2016, 07:12:03 PM »
Not to be discounted, that's for sure. I think we had way too many people with a vote who viewed the primaries not as a part of choosing the next leader of the US, but as a reality TV competition. Outrageous and over the top usually wins in those.

Some of us predicted this.

Everyone wanted so bad to stick it to the "gop establishment"

Never mind the fact that they've had other ways to do that, with better people. including Ron back when, and Rand this time.

Both of whom would be wrecking Hillary in debates right now.

But hey, this one dude has lots of money, says he's gonna make America great again, and really, REALLY likes to talk about how fabulous his plans are without actually laying them out.

That's my guy!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #52 on: October 09, 2016, 10:26:39 PM »
I think the GOPe really does want HRC to win, if only out of spite - they want to teach those <expletive> primary voters that they damn well better vote for GOPe-approved candidates like JEB! . . . OR ELSE!
^^^This.....

If Trump wins, it'll be the end of the GOPe......if he loses, it'll be the end of the GOP period....

....what do they have to lose?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2016, 08:06:03 AM »
^^^This.....

If Trump wins, it'll be the end of the GOPe......if he loses, it'll be the end of the GOP period....

....what do they have to lose?
Quality entertainment and at least marginally better results?
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #54 on: October 10, 2016, 01:15:04 PM »
Some of us predicted this.

Everyone wanted so bad to stick it to the "gop establishment"

Never mind the fact that they've had other ways to do that, with better people. including Ron back when, and Rand this time.

Both of whom would be wrecking Hillary in debates right now.

But hey, this one dude has lots of money, says he's gonna make America great again, and really, REALLY likes to talk about how fabulous his plans are without actually laying them out.

That's my guy!

This from talking with my friends who are Trump supporters, they are just outright pissed off at the GOPe for caving into Obama on everything they swore they would stop after the last election.   Trump is the giant middle finger to the GOPe.  (Cruz would have been a better one.  He was a debate champion in college.  He would have cleaned Hillary's clock in the debates.)

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #55 on: October 10, 2016, 01:51:04 PM »
You have to think that Putin is kicked back in Moscow with a nice, fat Cuban cigar and a bottle or two of vodka just laughing at us right now.

He will wind up eating Hillary for lunch and have us all speaking Russian before she raises her right hand on January 20th.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #56 on: October 10, 2016, 03:09:30 PM »
This from talking with my friends who are Trump supporters, they are just outright pissed off at the GOPe for caving into Obama on everything they swore they would stop after the last election.   Trump is the giant middle finger to the GOPe.  (Cruz would have been a better one.  He was a debate champion in college.  He would have cleaned Hillary's clock in the debates.)

Well I'm sure glad your friends stuck it to the GOPe by installing Hillary!
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #57 on: October 10, 2016, 03:49:29 PM »
Those that like Trump do so because he has no filter and is going to say what they want to hear.  Those that don't like him, don't like him for all the same reasons.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #58 on: October 10, 2016, 03:50:23 PM »
Well I'm sure glad your friends stuck it to the GOPe by installing Hillary!
Don't give up yet.  No reason to concede until after it is over.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #59 on: October 10, 2016, 03:51:52 PM »

I am not sure if Cruz would have gained the same support Trump did.  It would have been a completely different primary if Trump had stayed out of it.  I agree with you about the debates.  I am just not sure how important they are.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #60 on: October 10, 2016, 03:55:03 PM »
I am not sure if Cruz would have gained the same support Trump did.  It would have been a completely different primary if Trump had stayed out of it.  I agree with you about the debates.  I am just not sure how important they are.

Also keep in mind that either Cruz or Rubio would have had a "properly" funded campaign with ad buys etc.
I promise not to duck.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #61 on: October 10, 2016, 04:13:04 PM »
Hillary shouldn't be delving to deep into other people's finances anyway. There could till be some October surprise stuff on more of her shady deals before all is said and done.

And you know full well the media has an army of rabid clowns ready to keep it away from the headlines.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 04:17:18 PM »
And you know full well the media has an army of rabid clowns ready to keep it away from the headlines.
Oh, the media fully intends to report on and cover all the bad things Hillary has done.  They will do all that after the election. 

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 04:33:38 PM »
Don't give up yet.  No reason to concede until after it is over.

But that is the GOP way.

Also keep in mind that either Cruz or Rubio would have had a "properly" funded campaign with ad buys etc.

And a whole lot of good that did McCain and Romney.  Or, at least their campaign consultant did well, even as they managed not to do good.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2016, 05:25:36 PM »
I'd weight more heavily on the dumb voter side myself. Combination of hubris and their desire to "stick it" to various people overriding their judgment.

Well, uh, yeah.  So?
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2016, 11:52:10 PM »
I'm surprised the Bernsters aren't burning Clinton today after the latest wikileaks
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #66 on: October 12, 2016, 12:24:39 AM »
I'm surprised the Bernsters aren't burning Clinton today after the latest wikileaks

The Berners sure do seem to have gone and hid in a corner, haven't they? I would have expected them to be far more vocal, like they are about guns and free stuff. Slacker Millennials!  :laugh:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #67 on: October 12, 2016, 07:36:29 AM »
Bernie Betas
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2016, 09:52:18 AM »
The Berners sure do seem to have gone and hid in a corner, haven't they? I would have expected them to be far more vocal, like they are about guns and free stuff. Slacker Millennials!  :laugh:
I don't care if they are quiet.  I just hope that means they will be quiet and stay home on election day also.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #69 on: October 12, 2016, 09:55:35 AM »
I don't care if they are quiet.  I just hope that means they will be quiet and stay home on election day also.

Voting green or LP would be acceptable also.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #70 on: October 12, 2016, 11:11:22 AM »

I should have been more precise in my response, but I was responding specifically on anti-Clinton Berners. I think them being noisy is good. If they vote, they'll go third party, write-in, or even Trump. Or stay home, as you mentioned. All are good alternatives.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #71 on: October 12, 2016, 11:53:06 AM »
The thing is, I'm not sure what more can "come out" about Hillary that will sway people at this point.  She has done everything illegal and unethical I can think of and yet still has lots of support.

As some said.  I think the only things that MIGHT reduce her support would be if she:

1.  Dropped dead at a public event.  (Zombie re-animation optional)
2.  Her skin splits and lets her inner lizard out.
3.  Her head spins around as she spits out green pea soup.
and then eats a live baby along with any of the above events.

Even then I think her supporters would STILL vote for her.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #72 on: October 12, 2016, 02:05:36 PM »
https://youtu.be/dGJIB5cO0cQ
President Obama SHOWING OFF His ERECTION On Plane To Giggling FEMALE Reporters
(He was a Senator at this time from what I heard)
There was also a quote of him saying something about "ribs and p****".  I don't know if it was from his book or what. 

Is this the Trump campaign going scorched earth?  Not sure if this will affect anything.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #73 on: October 12, 2016, 02:19:23 PM »
The thing is, I'm not sure what more can "come out" about Hillary that will sway people at this point.  She has done everything illegal and unethical I can think of and yet still has lots of support.

As some said.  I think the only things that MIGHT reduce her support would be if she:

1.  Dropped dead at a public event.  (Zombie re-animation optional)
2.  Her skin splits and lets her inner lizard out.
3.  Her head spins around as she spits out green pea soup.
and then eats a live baby along with any of the above events.

Even then I think her supporters would STILL vote for her.
The polls last time (or maybe the campaigns) misjudged voter turnout.  Less for Romney/McCain.  More for Obama.  If Hillary gets high voter turnout, my suspicion will be cheating.  As I said before, it will be interesting to see how it shakes out.

fifth_column

• friend
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2016, 04:18:00 PM »

This election cycle's shown that people are willing to overlook an incredible amount to vote party lines. We're screwed no matter who wins so it's a shame we didn't use this chance to elevate a third party.

It's really not too late.  If Johnson gets 5% of the vote the libertarian party will get campaign matching funds, 15% and they'll be included in debates.  This election is a chance to start building some real alternatives to business as usual.
Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will... The limits of tyrants are prescribed by the endurance of those whom they oppress. ― Frederick Douglass

No American citizen should be willing to accept a government that uses its power against its own people.  -  Catherine Engelbrecht