Author Topic: Biker gang shootout in Waco  (Read 68958 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #200 on: May 21, 2015, 07:32:48 PM »
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Re: Biker gang shootout in Waco
« Reply #201 on: May 21, 2015, 09:10:57 PM »
When they throw out a number of "weapons" and list knives, brass knuckles, chains, and body armor (really?!?!) then you can be pretty sure that they didn't get many guns as they are trying to gin up the numbers.

If you arrest 170 people, and search them and their rides, then I wouldn't be surprised by anything they found. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

• friends
« Reply #202 on: May 21, 2015, 09:23:07 PM »
The ones that are real interesting are the ones they found hidden

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #203 on: May 21, 2015, 09:25:29 PM »
Personally I don't know what to believe.

More eyewitness accounts, video and timelines of events from un-invested third parties would offer some clarity.

I find it hard to believe the police weren't recording the whole incident from multiple angles.

High quality video recording devices are cheap cheap cheap.  

The only weapons I care about are the ones brandished and used during the commission of a crime. 
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

• friends
« Reply #204 on: May 21, 2015, 09:58:42 PM »
What benefit do the cops get from showing you and me the video? I notice twin peaks is showing only some video

brimic

• friends
Re:
« Reply #205 on: May 21, 2015, 10:07:58 PM »
They have 100 guns seized? I haven't seen that yet. Granted you could find 100 guns by stopping 82 vehicles on 35, but I've yet to see a news report that 100 guns have been been collected. I've seen news reports that 100 "weapons" were found, and then number reduced to "50", and then news reports that "1,000 weapons" (about the amount that I'd expect to be in any large resturaunt at an Amish meeting), then reduced to "500", then "100" again, then "50".

They are just trying to figure out the proper level of disinformation to put out,  and failing miserably at it. The police and feds are probably still trying to get their storyline massaged perfectly before releasing any real info.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #206 on: May 21, 2015, 10:21:33 PM »
What benefit do the cops get from showing you and me the video? I notice twin peaks is showing only some video

I don't need to see the video (except to actually form an intelligent opinion about guilt on this) but I hope the judge and jury see a lot of video.
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #207 on: May 21, 2015, 11:25:40 PM »
Personally I don't know what to believe.

More eyewitness accounts, video and timelines of events from un-invested third parties would offer some clarity.

I find it hard to believe the police weren't recording the whole incident from multiple angles.

High quality video recording devices are cheap cheap cheap.  

The only weapons I care about are the ones brandished and used during the commission of a crime. 

The third party accounts I have seen corroborate the cop's story, of a violent brawl starting inside then spilling out with bikers shooting at each other. And unless they have since reversed it there were a bunch of folks stabbed as well. Did the cops do that too?
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #208 on: May 21, 2015, 11:36:10 PM »
The third party accounts I have seen corroborate the cop's story, of a violent brawl starting inside then spilling out with bikers shooting at each other. And unless they have since reversed it there were a bunch of folks stabbed as well. Did the cops do that too?

Whaaaaaatttt are you dare suggesting that opposing groups of hardened, violent thugs would go at each other at the drop of a hat like they have been known to do in the past? Surely that is not possible...

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #209 on: May 22, 2015, 12:01:03 AM »
Was this a bike night, or an actual COC&I meeting?

If the latter, I'm done with CVMA, because I've warned them before about participating (and the consequences)

ETA: Yeah, actual COC meeting.

Last one had a fight broke out too, i was there for that one.

If CVMA insists on attending these, I'm done. Don't need the association with this kind of activity. They would have been in Waco had it not conflicted with another event
« Last Edit: May 22, 2015, 01:28:44 AM by Fitz »
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #210 on: May 22, 2015, 02:30:51 AM »
I don't need to see the video (except to actually form an intelligent opinion about guilt on this) but I hope the judge and jury see a lot of video.
Me too

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #211 on: May 22, 2015, 06:26:49 AM »
Was this a bike night, or an actual COC&I meeting?

If the latter, I'm done with CVMA, because I've warned them before about participating (and the consequences)

ETA: Yeah, actual COC meeting.

Last one had a fight broke out too, i was there for that one.

If CVMA insists on attending these, I'm done. Don't need the association with this kind of activity. They would have been in Waco had it not conflicted with another event

Fitz it was a CoC meeting.

We have them in Oklahoma once a quarter or every other month.  As far as I know there may have been fights at these events but nothing like this.  The next scheduled one for here in in July and it is in Tulsa.  Too bad it happens to be on drill weekend or I would attend.

http://okcoc.com/ Link to Oklahoma's CoC page.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #212 on: May 22, 2015, 07:47:17 AM »
When they throw out a number of "weapons" and list knives, brass knuckles, chains, and body armor (really?!?!) then you can be pretty sure that they didn't get many guns as they are trying to gin up the numbers.

If you arrest 170 people, and search them and their rides, then I wouldn't be surprised by anything they found. 

It also wouldn't surprise me if they counted the standard armored motorcycle jacket as body armor, or something like this under a plain leather jacket:

http://www.amazon.com/Fox-Racing-Deflector-Motocross-Motorcycle/dp/B005G6469Y
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

MechAg94

• friend
Re:
« Reply #213 on: May 22, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
Found this
http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article21513858.html
Saw this quote in that article.  I am curious what evidence is required to prove this?  Guess it depends on the local jury.
The arrested bikers have all been charged with engaging in organized crime, and each is being held on $1 million bond. It is unclear how long they will remain in custody.

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #214 on: May 22, 2015, 09:51:24 AM »
The breakdown Wednesday evening was 118 handguns, 1 AK-47, 157 knives and 43 “others.”

Wonder if the AK was the one stuffed down a toilet, or if that was a bioweapon.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re:
« Reply #215 on: May 22, 2015, 10:04:19 AM »
Saw this quote in that article.  I am curious what evidence is required to prove this?  Guess it depends on the local jury.

Waiting for someone to get a big name attorney in there and start dropping motions.

How long can someone be held without an indictment in Texas.  Got to imagine that before long some of those arrested would have an attorney all over this.  Especially those that are guilty just by being there.   
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #216 on: May 22, 2015, 12:06:33 PM »
Apparently at least one of those killed was not affiliated with any of the clubs, but an association member, 65 year old ex-marine, no record, etc.

From what i understand the club that instigated the fighting was not part of the CoC meeting, but showed up. Some kind of long running beef.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

• friends
Re:
« Reply #217 on: May 22, 2015, 01:27:36 PM »
My understanding as well. The cossacks showed up in force. Make me think even more given their casualties that they jumped and the cops settled them.
As to the associate killed there is an expression.  " lay down with dogs you get fleas."
I had a 1%er move in next to me in 80. We had certain similar interests.  A loose neighborly relationship developed in spite of my collection of riceburners. We actually bonded over our dogs more than anything. I did a couple of small favors for him and he was appreciative .I got a chance to see how the lifestyle could suck you in.  I was fortunate that events conspired to end my association or mighta gotten in real deep. It was a big thrill to be 19 and a part of that group.  I lacked at that age the discernment to see the dangers

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
Re:
« Reply #218 on: May 22, 2015, 06:47:17 PM »
My understanding as well. The cossacks showed up in force. Make me think even more given their casualties that they jumped and the cops settled them.
As to the associate killed there is an expression.  " lay down with dogs you get fleas."
I had a 1%er move in next to me in 80. We had certain similar interests.  A loose neighborly relationship developed in spite of my collection of riceburners. We actually bonded over our dogs more than anything. I did a couple of small favors for him and he was appreciative .I got a chance to see how the lifestyle could suck you in.  I was fortunate that events conspired to end my association or mighta gotten in real deep. It was a big thrill to be 19 and a part of that group.  I lacked at that age the discernment to see the dangers

According to some folks i know who are well connected with the waco situation, most of the clubs there were not even the ones with beef.

I'm starting to think that this was an invasion by cossacks, that police were aware of / deliberately awaiting, and that a lot of people were just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

But yeah, good reason to either A.) not go to a CoC meeting, or B.) as a CoC, stop having meetings in public open to everyone. Each club sends one rep.
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

• friends
« Reply #219 on: May 22, 2015, 06:54:20 PM »
Clubs can be tricky. I would not put it past the bandidos to have set up the Cossacks and used the cops to do some of their trigger work. The machinations of the outlaw world are convoluted even by my standards

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #220 on: May 23, 2015, 10:39:39 AM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #221 on: May 23, 2015, 12:15:05 PM »
The pagan killed in Delaware was,a marine

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #222 on: May 23, 2015, 02:05:22 PM »
And BACA is listed as one of the CoC member clubs. SERIOUS criminal organization

In many states, we're required to join the CoC to fly our colors. And yes, given what our colors represent, they ARE kinda sacred to us
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #223 on: May 23, 2015, 03:45:09 PM »
There was mention earlier of head and torso shots on the deceased.  I thought someone (probably one of the links) was using that to suggest intent to kill bikers.  Do any of you think that is true?  With medical care theoretically close by, there are not many other parts of the body you can get shot where you will die quickly.  Not to mention that most people are trained or taught to aim for center of body mass.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

• friends
« Reply #224 on: May 23, 2015, 04:05:05 PM »
Be interesting to see a diagram. If the cops were really set up head shots might be what they got if the bandidos were taking cover and shooting from behind cars. They were 8 of the 9 fatalities. Be interesting to see what the breakdown of the wounded's affiliations were