Author Topic: What to give out for Halloween  (Read 11758 times)

erictank

• friends
Re: What to give out for Halloween
« Reply #75 on: October 31, 2013, 10:41:42 PM »
Chips on halloween? And the kids like this?

What is wrong with our youth.

Screw the chips, screw the healthy crap. Chocolate, and lots of it. You don't wanna be the guy who gives out BS on halloween.

I received a paperbag full of rocks once. What a jerk

First year I was with my wife, I went trick-or-treating with her and the kids. David, the boy, was 10, and wore a blackout mask, long black robe, big clawed gloves, and carried one of those mass-market plastic "scythes". Alison, IIRC, was Edna Mode (the costume designer from The Incredibles), and looked near-perfect. Anyways, we got to this one house, and the woman had a huge bowl of pennies - "Just reach in and grab a handful, kids!" Alison got her (little 8-year-old girl) handful, and David went in. It was like one of the car cranes at the junkyard, or something - this huge claw of a hand reaches in, and when he pulled it up, you could see the level of the coins had visibly gone down. He honestly probably had $2 or something in pennies, thanks to that glove.

We made him put a bunch of them back; the woman laughed and said to us as we were leaving that he could have kept them.

Our house, we generally give out the little Reeses cups, Kit Kats, maybe some Snickers. My personal standard is, want some candy? Be wearing a costume. But I'm not home tonight, so...

Detcord?

I'm comin' by your place!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #76 on: October 31, 2013, 10:45:11 PM »
I had to go to my second job this evening but if I had not I planned to go as the Grim Reaper. With a genuine scythe (I have one on my wall)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Stetson

• friends
« Reply #77 on: October 31, 2013, 10:51:43 PM »
T called me a few minutes ago.  She said they did the neighborhood and she got an entire bag full.  She wanted to go get more but the older kids were tired.  This will go into the collection of candy she got at the 'Harvest Festival' at the church last Saturday.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #78 on: November 03, 2013, 09:07:52 AM »
having 7th Day Adventists go door to door, making Norwegians read The Watchtower out loud

That would be Jehovah's Witnesses. Too bad they don't have a uniform, 'cause that would make for a pretty frightening Halloween costume.

Wifey dresses up for Halloween at the pre-school. She was Mary Poppins this year. Mary Poppins is hot.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #79 on: November 03, 2013, 11:55:44 AM »

That would be Jehovah's Witnesses. Too bad they don't have a uniform, 'cause that would make for a pretty frightening Halloween costume.

Wifey dresses up for Halloween at the pre-school. She was Mary Poppins this year. Mary Poppins is hot.

It's not fair.

For some reason the Jehovah's Witnesses always show up when Dad's home and I get the Morman boys.

:(

Dad's got his method down. Apparently they panick and run when a good born again christian comes around beaming with a bible in hand and wants to talk theology with them.

The Morman boys are no fun. They are too easy to boss around.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #80 on: November 04, 2013, 05:24:59 AM »
I am permanently banned from talking with the Mormon boys.  Was told so by the local synod's Bishop his own self.

Seems inviting them inside to enjoy the AC and an offer of a cold drink is frowned upon.  OK, so the choices were beer, Coke, or iced coffee.  It's not like I was forcing them to drink the stuff.

And talking religion?  "Let me go get my copy of The Book of Macaroni and check the wording of that passage" apparently is considered blasthemous.  Who knew?

Now all I've got are the little old ladies from the across-town Baptist church that occasionally come poaching for souls.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #81 on: November 04, 2013, 07:22:02 AM »
I am permanently banned from talking with the Mormon boys.  Was told so by the local synod's Bishop his own self.

Seems inviting them inside to enjoy the AC and an offer of a cold drink is frowned upon.  OK, so the choices were beer, Coke, or iced coffee.  It's not like I was forcing them to drink the stuff.

And talking religion?  "Let me go get my copy of The Book of Macaroni and check the wording of that passage" apparently is considered blasthemous.  Who knew?

Now all I've got are the little old ladies from the across-town Baptist church that occasionally come poaching for souls.

stay safe.

*taking notes*
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #82 on: November 04, 2013, 11:19:14 AM »
I haven't even seen a trick-or-treater at my house in 19 years. Life is good.
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #83 on: November 04, 2013, 07:49:07 PM »
*taking notes*

*scuffs toe in dirt*  Aw, shucks.

stay safe.l
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.