Author Topic: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge  (Read 27078 times)

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
Re: Re: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »
He's already walked  back that onr

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Of course he has. How long before he disappears?  [tinfoil]
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Re: Protesters Take Over National Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #51 on: January 16, 2016, 08:09:21 PM »
Another knucklehead move by the group. They apparently appropriated two of the gov vehicles left at the refuge and used them to run errands. A member of the group has now been arrested for auto theft while out buying groceries.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/16/police-say-man-arrested-in-us-vehicle-stolen-from-oregon-refuge.html?intcmp=hplnws
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #52 on: January 16, 2016, 08:29:12 PM »
Another knucklehead move by the group. They apparently appropriated two of the gov vehicles left at the refuge and used them to run errands. A member of the group has now been arrested for auto theft while out buying groceries.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/16/police-say-man-arrested-in-us-vehicle-stolen-from-oregon-refuge.html?intcmp=hplnws

Ayep. Them there is some real scary terrorists.  ;/
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #53 on: January 16, 2016, 09:21:41 PM »
[tinfoil]

One can only hope that this whole fiasco gets exposed as a false flag operation intended to discredit anyone in opposition to BLM overreach.

:facepalm:
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2016, 09:49:17 AM »

Good. Stupid should come with a price.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2016, 10:20:02 AM »
So the hierarchy is shorts/t-shirts, khakis/dress shirt, jeans/dress shirt, suit?

Pretty much the same as applying for a job or any other process that involves persuasion; remember the modes of persuasion, and appearance contributes to all three in many cases.

Plus many people know you can find a suit at Goodwill for less than the cost of a single concert t-shirt at the concert.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2016, 10:24:38 AM »
Unfortunately there's now a chance this might turn Waco. I saw this morning that the OR governor is demanding the feds step up their game and boot the group. She's mad that she's spent a half million on state LEO travel to the area.

Not sure why she needs to keep a small army down there. While the group is turning out to be a knucklehead brigade, they've shown themselves to be zero threat to citizens down there. They've only talked of fighting the government. Certainly the local sheriff likely has a small staff, but I'm sure there's a few feds hanging out and the state shouldn't need more than a few at this point as well.

If things look like they're going to get out of control, she can easily send state police down there. Otherwise, if she insists on quickly escalating things, she'll be the one creating a potentially big problem. Also apparently there are Portland based hippies protesting the protesters and demanding they leave.

As I've said above,  I think the feds are doing the right thing waiting them out in their isolated area. If the state and the hippies start getting rowdy and antagonizing, it's going to lead to a showdown.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/21/oregon-governor-calls-on-feds-to-move-against-armed-wildlife-refuge-protesters.html?intcmp=hplnws
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2016, 02:14:10 PM »
Again, while I fully support opposition to the government overreach and abuses these guys are "protesting" they are really coming across as a bunch of morons. I don't know if that's because of  highly filtered "news" or because these guys are a bunch of morons.

Shut off all services to the facility. Have a few forest service fire fighting planes fly over and drop water on the site.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2016, 03:27:56 PM »
Same. Not shocking that the fed govt is overreaching, that's what they do. Plenty of valid grievances and they have a right to protest, associate and petition for redress. But if they were wearing suits or even casual wear, they'd be making a hundred times their current impact. Care to imagine if they brought a lawn mower, some rakes and some clippers?

I usually call it "Hey, YOU, get off my side, please! You'd be much more helpful to X by joining the opposition!"

Yep, they are doing the wrong thing(s) for the right reasons...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2016, 08:13:49 PM »
Yep, they are doing the wrong thing(s) for the right reasons...

I don't think even their right reasons are right.

They're a bunch of stolen valor types - most of them are lying about their military service. 

They're also eating a bunch of disdain from online.  They've been mailed dildos and even a 55 gallon drum of 'personal lubricant'.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2016, 09:19:29 PM »
I don't think even their right reasons are right.

They're a bunch of stolen valor types - most of them are lying about their military service. 

I have to stop you there.  Listened to the Forward Observer podcast this past week,  and the guy they're trying to roast for stolen valor has tried to correct RT (  who called him a former Marine in their interview),  with no success.  Once it hit the internet the truth no longer mattered.  Stolen Valor accusations are as bad as getting called a kiddie diddler anymore.  Just the accusation is enough.  Ask any Army type dumb enough to go for lunch in utilities.

I consider FO to be a credible source.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2016, 09:57:09 PM »
They're also eating a bunch of disdain from online.  They've been mailed dildos and even a 55 gallon drum of 'personal lubricant'.

What does that prove? Sex toys are the new vagina costume of the anti-gun nuts. They were employed when one of the states (TX maybe?) approved campus carry.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #62 on: January 22, 2016, 07:25:23 PM »
I have to stop you there.  Listened to the Forward Observer podcast this past week,  and the guy they're trying to roast for stolen valor has tried to correct RT (  who called him a former Marine in their interview),  with no success.  Once it hit the internet the truth no longer mattered.  Stolen Valor accusations are as bad as getting called a kiddie diddler anymore.  Just the accusation is enough.  Ask any Army type dumb enough to go for lunch in utilities.

I consider FO to be a credible source.
Maybe
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/01/08/busted-oregon-militia-thugs-caught-falsely-posing-as-marine-veterans/

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #63 on: January 22, 2016, 07:38:14 PM »
Maybe
http://www.veteranstoday.com/2016/01/08/busted-oregon-militia-thugs-caught-falsely-posing-as-marine-veterans/

Thanks for that,  hadn't seen there were two of them.  The Cavalier guy is obviously full of *expletive deleted*it.

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

• friends
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2016, 08:32:36 PM »
It's the curse of all,organizations. How to police the ranks and ditch the flakes. Especially when a group is small it's hard to turn away manpower but inevitably your worst guy becomes your public/media image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2016, 08:39:03 PM »
It's the curse of all,organizations. How to police the ranks and ditch the flakes. Especially when a group is small it's hard to turn away manpower but inevitably your worst guy becomes your public/media image.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I really can't fault the opposition for using the obviously effective counter.  Stolen valor is an excellent way to discredit the whole thing.  I'm just surprised people still try it.  Not hard to prove them wrong.  Half the time it's just picking apart their bullshit story.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2016, 10:28:26 PM »
I'm just surprised people still try it.  Not hard to prove them wrong.  Half the time it's just picking apart their bullshit story.

I just assume they're either too stupid or too shameless to care. Lots of people out there telling easily debunked lies about a lot of things.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #67 on: January 26, 2016, 09:43:06 PM »
Ammon Bundy has been arrested during a traffic stop.  Apparently shots were fired.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/26/us/oregon-wildlife-refuge-siege-arrests/index.html

This purports to be a live steaming video about the event.  I'm making no claims about its veracity:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=VVWykMKiOjU
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #68 on: January 26, 2016, 10:21:11 PM »
Traffic enforcement by feds. Now the knucklehead ball is heading back into the gov's court.

Edit: Also interesting, I just read a short Fox News article that said Bundy et.al. were heading to John Day, OR for a meeting about the protest. The Sheriff of that county is a SUPER constitutionalist and not a fan of the federal government. I got my OR non-resident CCW through him. I'm thinking it wasn't a coincidence that town was chosen for the meeting. Also, given that's where they were heading, then why pull them over on a bogus traffic stop? Having the meeting might have lead towards some progress to a peaceful resolution.

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/01/26/oregon-standoff-leader-ammon-bundy-arrested.html?intcmp=hpbt4

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #69 on: January 26, 2016, 10:54:18 PM »

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

• friends
Re:
« Reply #70 on: January 27, 2016, 03:41:26 AM »
Doesn't one of those arrested Shawna cox have a history of around

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #71 on: January 27, 2016, 10:17:49 AM »
I'm afraid I have to put my tinfoil on. The incident is starting to sound Waco-like.

Still no explanation of the bogus traffic stop at night. Why not arrest them in broad daylight, or as they were entering or exiting the meeting in John Day? Or while out buying groceries, which worked in the past? Or if they were really only after the one person LE killed, why didn't they wait for an opportunity to arrest him with fewer other people to deal with? Hwy 395 between Burns and John Day was an interesting choice for a traffic stop.

While I still think the group was pulling bonehead moves, this time I think LE did so, with lethal results. Possibly because of pressure from the Governor and others. They still would have had several months for other options to present themselves before the Refuge is scheduled to open back up to the public.

Also, it appears the group said it was a "hands up, don't shoot" incident, but Al Sharpton hasn't rode in yet demanding a White House investigation.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #72 on: January 27, 2016, 11:31:19 AM »
Yep, it appears as if the Fed's have tried to out stupid the knuckleheads.  Again all they had to do was play the long game, arrest them in a ones and two as they left the "compound" to go for runs into town, etc.

Now the call has gone out for re-enforcements to come join the stand-off.   

This is not going to end well....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #73 on: January 27, 2016, 11:47:11 AM »

This is not going to end well....

QFT

If rumblings on the Book Of Faces are accurate, there are groups of patriotic citizenry en route to, um..., "assist" in certain efforts. I see this as getting a lot worse, and very soon.

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #74 on: January 27, 2016, 11:53:18 AM »
QFT

If rumblings on the Book Of Faces are accurate, there are groups of patriotic citizenry en route to, um..., "assist" in certain efforts. I see this as getting a lot worse, and very soon.

Brad

I wouldn't bet on that. A few lone wolves may be headed that direction, but AFAIK there is no widespread movement happening.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.