Author Topic: Dog owners are special  (Read 5675 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: Dog owners are special
« Reply #50 on: December 31, 2014, 01:57:53 PM »
Most large dogs I've encountered have been placid and well-mannered . . . when they approach, they're likely looking for a pat on the head or a scratch behind the ears.

However, in THIS case . . . given the circumstances . . . it was a good shoot by the LEO.

It would have been a good shoot by anyone.

And the people writing critical comments in the linked story from the OP are just as nuts as the people who reflexively defend expired violent criminals.

where are these placid and well mannered large dogs you speak of and can you send them to me? :P

Danes can be pretty exerberant and wild children.

Had it been my dog and for some insane reason I actually let Grannie walk it, the dog would have been in a heavy prong collar and short lead.

I'm betting the dog didn't even have a martingale style collar on, just a too loose buckle collar.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #51 on: December 31, 2014, 03:45:09 PM »

I often call my dogs my furry children...

But do you dress them up, put them in a baby stroller, and demand that restaurants let them sit at the table with you?

(OK, we know about you slapping "Service Dog" vests on them.  Or was it slapping the vest on Abby?)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #52 on: December 31, 2014, 06:34:14 PM »
But do you dress them up, put them in a baby stroller, and demand that restaurants let them sit at the table with you?

(OK, we know about you slapping "Service Dog" vests on them.  Or was it slapping the vest on Abby?)

stay safe.

Whenever Dad and I go to a buffet style restaurant, one of us would always make the comment about what our dogs would do if they got through the door.

Usually, the mental picture involved very happy dogs up on the buffets gorging themselves sick.

For the record, I don't think I would ever take one of my dogs to a restaurant. My dogs are well behaved, but I prefer not to challenge their good dog statuses too much.

Plus, Pearl wouldn't be caught dead in a baby stroller. Graham, on the other hand, has no dignity when food is involved.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds