Author Topic: Nashville Elementary School Shooting  (Read 10029 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Nashville Elementary School Shooting
« Reply #150 on: March 30, 2023, 07:54:51 PM »
Staying classy

Classy: Protesters hold ‘die-in’ at state capitol to symbolize how many trans lives could be lost
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/30/classy-protesters-hold-die-in-at-state-capitol-to-symbolize-how-many-trans-lives-could-be-lost/

According to KXAN in Austin, this “die-in” took place overnight at the Texas State Capitol on March 28 … which would be after the mass shooting of six people, including three children, at a private Christian school in Nashville. Apparently, they were protesting a bill that would ban minors from receiving medical treatment to change their gender.

If a church staged a "die in" after a Christian killed a bunch of people at a gay bar, that would be interpreted as a mockery of the victims

That is what is happening here https://t.co/NdvyKGxhJh

— PoliMath (@politicalmath) March 30, 2023
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #152 on: March 30, 2023, 08:58:30 PM »
The Washington Post is removing their paywall to ensure their story gets out about how this shooting harms the trans community.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2023/03/30/shameless-wapo-drops-paywall-on-important-story-about-intensifying-rhetoric-against-trans-people/
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #153 on: March 30, 2023, 10:43:47 PM »
If the woke media are so gung-ho about supporting trans persons ... why are they consistently "mis-gendering" the shooter and referring to her as "her" and using her dead-name of Audrey?

And Tennessee is one of about 30 US states with no red flag laws, which allow police and courts to take away guns from potentially dangerous people, according to CNN analyst Abené Clayton, lead reporter on The Guardian’s “Guns & Lies in America” series.

Untrue. Tennessee doesn't have a "red flag" law of the type that makes a mockery of the principle of due process, but it certainly has laws that would allow taking guns away from people who may be dangerous -- and putting those people away.

https://www.tennessean.com/story/news/2018/11/18/mental-illness-involuntary-psychiatric-commitment-tennessee/1580525002/

“There’s no infrastructure for concerned people,” Clayton said. “Clearly, this individual’s parents were concerned and, by all accounts, having a system that they could use to alert local authorities or to get a petition from a judge to have guns removed is certainly something I think a lot of folks wish would have been available.”

But (as noted above) there IS such an infrastructure. So either (a) the parents weren't concerned that their darling daughter was a danger to herself or others, OR (b) the parents knew their darling daughter was a dangerous nutjob but weren't willing to drop the dime on her.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #154 on: March 31, 2023, 08:16:42 AM »
If the woke media are so gung-ho about supporting trans persons ... why are they consistently "mis-gendering" the shooter and referring to her as "her" and using her dead-name of Audrey?

Well, she is dead, after all.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #155 on: March 31, 2023, 10:43:37 AM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #156 on: March 31, 2023, 11:45:33 AM »
But what Hale and others are making known, on no uncertain terms, is that the church cannot occupy some neutral space. It has tried for decades to appease, offering sacrifices of female priests and rainbow flags, and lately even surrendering the pulpit itself to men in drag. The purported shepherds have thrown the flock to the wolves while they write columns for the New York Times, yet even this is not enough, nor will it ever be, until every knee bows. While the church represents some impediment to complete gender-identity affirmation, some serious rebuttal to radical self-determination, and the last meaningful buttress between life and institutionalized death, the violence will not stop. Indeed, it will probably get worse.

https://www.theamericanconservative.com/keep-being-the-problem/
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #157 on: March 31, 2023, 11:48:49 AM »
"Seven Fingers, Seven Victims" -- TN Capitol Protesters Appear to Include Trans Shooter Among the Victims
https://twitter.com/BreitbartNews/status/1641615353074548739
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #158 on: March 31, 2023, 11:51:14 AM »
"Seven Fingers, Seven Victims" -- TN Capitol Protesters Appear to Include Trans Shooter Among the Victims

Well, she was an innocent budding artist whose life was tragically taken.

https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/31/daily-mirror-dragged-for-weepy-mournful-tweet-about-mass-murderer-audrey-hales-whimsical-artwork/

One if the better comments:

The Milwaukee Cannibal Jeffrey Dahmer could have been a chef as his sous vide pectoral was “delectable” and “complex”, a former acquaintance has revealed.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #159 on: March 31, 2023, 11:53:36 AM »
[slippery slope meme]

What comes after the t-shirt?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #160 on: March 31, 2023, 11:55:30 AM »
What comes after the t-shirt?

World War T
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #161 on: March 31, 2023, 11:55:37 AM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #162 on: March 31, 2023, 12:12:29 PM »
Hang the Hawaiian shirts back up at least for the moment

The group behind "Trans D*y of V*ngeance" says it is cancelling its event on April 1 due to "credible threat to life and safety." They don't say if those threats are from their group or someone else. pic.twitter.com/fK4ApEmvyx

— Chuck Ross (@ChuckRossDC) March 31, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/31/so-theyre-not-stopping-trans-genocide-trans-day-of-vengeance-canceled-due-to-credible-threats/

They were the ones making all the threats now they fear for their safety.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #163 on: March 31, 2023, 12:25:03 PM »
Hang the Hawaiian shirts back up at least for the moment
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2023/03/31/so-theyre-not-stopping-trans-genocide-trans-day-of-vengeance-canceled-due-to-credible-threats/

They were the ones making all the threats now they fear for their safety.

But they (and I do mean they) said they would show no mercy. Guess they didn't mean it.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #164 on: March 31, 2023, 12:43:34 PM »

Math is transphobic.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #166 on: March 31, 2023, 04:05:32 PM »
Message from the NWS

To promote justice, equality, and equity for the transgender community, the National Weather Service family champions and stands alongside our transgender employees on this day and every day! #TransDayOfVisibility pic.twitter.com/mUb54CEe9o

— National Weather Service (@NWS) March 31, 2023
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2023/03/31/national-weather-service-weighs-in-on-transdayofvisibility-and-the-forecast-calls-for-ratios/

- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #167 on: March 31, 2023, 04:19:09 PM »
We should remember every 27 March as Trans Visibility Instability Day.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #168 on: March 31, 2023, 04:44:32 PM »
They're getting ratioed big time on the Twitts for that one.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

JTHunter

• friends
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Perd Hapley

• friend

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #171 on: April 01, 2023, 10:02:57 AM »
Requires sign in.  :facepalm:

Age/content restricted. Just create a login using a expendable email account
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #173 on: April 01, 2023, 01:53:59 PM »
Gosh, golly, gee whiz! If'n we cain't trust the media, who CAN we trust?

Maybe the PO'-lice ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #174 on: April 01, 2023, 02:11:45 PM »
https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/how-a-fake-nashville-manifesto-fueled-anti-trans-rage-online/

https://www.seattletimes.com/nation-world/not-real-news-a-look-at-what-didnt-happen-this-week-151/?utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=owned_echobox_f&utm_source=Facebook#Echobox=1680321641-1

Apparently you can't even trust manifestos any more.

Both incidents highlight how trolls and liars are using computer tools to muddle the truth about mass killings, either to stir up panic or take advantage of the tragedies for ideological gain.

Oh, so NOW it's a problem?  ;/