Author Topic: The 2024 Circus  (Read 36937 times)

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
Re: The 2024 Circus
« Reply #200 on: November 09, 2023, 10:13:29 AM »
I don't see Trump not being allowed on the ballot in any state, unless he is found guilty of sedition. I think the start of that trial is in March 2024, which is in the middle of primary/caucus season.

I'm tired of living in interesting times.

He would appeal any decision directly to scotus most likely.
Formerly sumpnz

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #201 on: November 09, 2023, 10:14:33 AM »

Dems: Even more reason to pack the court
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #202 on: November 09, 2023, 10:16:09 AM »

I would expect any candidate to do so.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #203 on: November 09, 2023, 03:41:17 PM »
Some are saying he is going to run for pres

Breaking: West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin NOT Running for Re-Election
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/11/09/manchin-not-running-for-re-election-n2389617
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #204 on: November 09, 2023, 04:08:16 PM »
Some are saying he is going to run for pres

Breaking: West Virginia Senator Joe Manchin NOT Running for Re-Election
https://twitchy.com/coucy/2023/11/09/manchin-not-running-for-re-election-n2389617

More like he knows his goose is cooked as a D in WV.
Formerly sumpnz

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #205 on: November 09, 2023, 05:24:13 PM »

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #206 on: November 10, 2023, 04:02:46 PM »
Guess you'll have to wait on President Rock, says he ain't running.........maybe

Dwayne 'The Rock' Johnson says political parties approached him to run for president: 'One after the other'
https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/dwayne-rock-johnson-says-political-parties-approached-run-president-one-other
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #207 on: November 12, 2023, 09:34:24 PM »
A gentle reminder:

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #208 on: November 13, 2023, 08:29:27 AM »
Tim Scott is out
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #209 on: November 13, 2023, 10:34:44 AM »
J6 Buffaloman running for congress

QAnon Shaman Files for 2024 Congressional Bid and LOOOOOL, Lefites are Melting Down AND Freaking TF Out
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/11/13/qanon-shaman-files-for-24-congressional-bid-n2389727

Does this make it now The 2024 Zoo?
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #210 on: November 14, 2023, 06:38:40 PM »
I hate to upset any DeSantis fans, but his campaign is over. Turns out, he supported Mitt Romney.

In 2005.

Read the shocking truth here:

https://abcnews.go.com/US/desantis-romney-fought-us-unearthed-yearbook-photo-shows/story?id=104882433
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #211 on: November 15, 2023, 07:45:56 AM »
Well, she was the second place darling for a while, anyway.

NEW - Nikki Haley: "Every person on social media should be verified by their name" because of "national security."

https://twitchy.com/gordon-k/2023/11/14/breaking-nikki-haley-just-lost-the-very-online-vote-n2389810
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #212 on: November 15, 2023, 10:09:01 AM »
Minnesota Supreme Court: Trump can remain on the ballot — for now
https://www.politico.com/news/2023/11/08/minnesota-supreme-court-trump-ballot-00126210

And now Michigan

Trump to remain on Michigan ballot after judge rejects 14th Amendment challenge to eligibility
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-remain-michigan-ballot-judge-rejects-14th-amendment-challenge-eligibility
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #213 on: November 17, 2023, 08:21:42 AM »
As with every presidential election, I completely got the lineup wrong. I just saw a poll (I didn't catch by whom) flash on the Fox Business. I am just flabbergasted that DeSantis is at 9% and Christie...CHRISTIE is at 14%. I mean, I got Trump right, but only because I expected lots of people would back him simply because of the Banana Republic attacks against him.

Otherwise, I really expected this to be a neck and neck between DeSantis and Trump.

EDIT: It appears what I saw was the latest New Hampshire poll. Other national polls have Christie much lower and DeSantis higher, but nowhere near Trump.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/republican_nomination_polls/#!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2023, 08:49:41 AM by Ben »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #214 on: November 17, 2023, 02:51:06 PM »
Just remember, these are essentially the same pollsters that were telling us Hillary was going to win in an historic landslide.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2023, 01:11:30 AM »
DJ uses Trump speech as his set intro at frat party:

https://youtube.com/shorts/bLnrbWGThXA?si=4qV8DhN3eo7hHsTu

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #216 on: November 29, 2023, 09:03:50 AM »
 [popcorn]

BLM leader endorses Trump for 2024, accuses Dems of 'racist' policies: 'We're not stupid'
https://www.foxnews.com/media/blm-leader-calls-democrats-racist-policies-endorses-trump-2024-stupid

Someone in BLM pops him in 10,9,8,7.......

But hopefully this is a sign they're realizing the dems have been using them
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #217 on: December 01, 2023, 10:12:37 AM »
Democrats Nominate Fallen National Christmas Tree For Presidential Run
https://babylonbee.com/news/democrats-nominate-national-christmas-tree-for-presidential-run
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #218 on: December 01, 2023, 10:34:11 AM »
As with every presidential election, I completely got the lineup wrong. I just saw a poll (I didn't catch by whom) flash on the Fox Business. I am just flabbergasted that DeSantis is at 9% and Christie...CHRISTIE is at 14%. I mean, I got Trump right, but only because I expected lots of people would back him simply because of the Banana Republic attacks against him.

Otherwise, I really expected this to be a neck and neck between DeSantis and Trump.

EDIT: It appears what I saw was the latest New Hampshire poll. Other national polls have Christie much lower and DeSantis higher, but nowhere near Trump.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/latest_polls/republican_nomination_polls/#!
I think we have talked about it, but I think DeSantis has some bad campaign advisors or something.  I think he made the mistake of almost immediately attacking Trump and generally did poorly at the start and in the first debate.  He sounded much better in the last one, but still not near as good as Vivek.  I think Vivek has done what suggested.  Refusing to criticize Trump for the most part and running as the outside candidate-most-like-Trump. 

There was a debate between DeSantis and the Cali dude last night, but I didn't watch it. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #219 on: December 01, 2023, 10:40:43 AM »
And add to that how the media vilifies DeSantis 24/7 and portrays FL as a horror states where gays and blacks are hunted down and books are banned, that's bound to have an effect in the polls.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #220 on: December 01, 2023, 10:46:15 AM »
I think we have talked about it, but I think DeSantis has some bad campaign advisors or something.  I think he made the mistake of almost immediately attacking Trump...

No, not at all. Trump attacked and slandered Ron "Desanctimonious" for months, while DeSantis mainly just shrugged it off. That was probably the right call, but Trump's violation of the 11th commandment probably has as much to do with DeSantis's current poll numbers as anything else.

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #221 on: December 01, 2023, 10:54:49 AM »
Correctly or not, Trump clearly feels betrayed by DeSantis' run in a way he doesn't for the candidates that he was less influential in their careers.

Add to that that DeSantis is the clear second place, and yeah, he's going to get the full Trump.  I seem to remember Trump coming hard at the other R's in the 2016 primary as well.  He had little nicknames for the top three or four.

If Trump doesn't give you a mean nickname, it means he doesn't think you are really an opponent.

Pb

• friend
« Reply #222 on: December 01, 2023, 12:50:56 PM »
The media gives massive amounts of airtime to Trump, and mostly ignores GOP candidates who aren't jackasses.

Trump is very good at publicity.

The government is persecuting Trump for (mostly) corrupt reasons, making him appear as a (mostly) blameless victim.

Right wing voters are getting more culturally corrupt, like the country as a whole.

I think those are the reasons the GOP is stupidly picking him again, over someone more competent.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #223 on: December 01, 2023, 01:27:29 PM »
Correctly or not, Trump clearly feels betrayed by DeSantis' run in a way he doesn't for the candidates that he was less influential in their careers.

Add to that that DeSantis is the clear second place, and yeah, he's going to get the full Trump.  I seem to remember Trump coming hard at the other R's in the 2016 primary as well.  He had little nicknames for the top three or four.

If Trump doesn't give you a mean nickname, it means he doesn't think you are really an opponent.

I guess that's a response to my post. (?)

I doubt Trump feels any more betrayed by DeSantis than, say, Pence or Haley. Obviously, anyone opposing Trump is going to get Trumped, especially when he's the runner-up.

This isn't just a Trump problem. Republicans have had this problem for years. Maybe it's worse on our side because Legacy Media is more willing to air it out.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #224 on: December 05, 2023, 10:55:54 AM »
Not the Babylon Bee

JUST IN - Liz Cheney is considering a third-party presidential bid "to stop Trump from winning" in 2024 — Axios pic.twitter.com/6oNGE3AncR
    — Disclose.tv (@disclosetv) December 5, 2023
https://twitchy.com/samj/2023/12/05/liz-cheney-considering-running-third-party-to-stop-trump-n2390506

She actually thinks she would be pulling votes away from Trump.  :rofl:
- Calvin and Hobbes