Author Topic: Eric garner verdict  (Read 15713 times)

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Eric garner verdict
« on: December 03, 2014, 07:55:51 PM »
Will folks go nuts? Or just slightly?
Interesting to see how the no bill on any charges goes over

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Re: Eric garner verdict
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2014, 08:02:46 PM »
Mayor DeBlasio has found an excuse to  skip the tree lighting that does not involve dissing the Tony Bennet/Lady Gaga duet.

No news - yet - on whether Uncle Al and Revrund Jacksom will attend.  There is, however, speculation going around tjhat they not only will attend but kidnap the microphone.

Video at 11 for those smart enough to sit through the whole thing.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2014, 08:33:40 PM »
The DOJ is getting involved:

http://www.cnn.com/2014/12/03/justice/new-york-grand-jury-chokehold/index.html?hpt=hp_t1

U.S. Attorney General Eric Holder at the same time announced an "independent, thorough, fair and expeditious" Justice Department investigation into whether civil rights were violated.

I suspect that Mr. Holder's notions of "fair and expeditious" differ from mine.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

• friends
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2014, 09:11:29 PM »
I wanna know why they are hiding tox report on dead guy. And why first autopsy report was no throat damage and final one tried to put choke high on cause list. I mean diabetes athsma and heart disease the guy was in tip top shape for fighting

It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #4 on: December 03, 2014, 10:18:03 PM »
I wanna know why they are hiding tox report on dead guy. And why first autopsy report was no throat damage and final one tried to put choke high on cause list. I mean diabetes athsma and heart disease the guy was in tip top shape for fighting
Lack of throat damage does not mean that the choke hold didn't cut off his airway. Have you watched the video? The guy was lying under a scrum of cops, one of whom had him in a choke hold, and the guy was saying loudly enough to be clearly picked up by a bystander's cell phone camera, "I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe ..."

The cops didn't let up for an instant. They kept squeezing the life out of him until he went limp -- then they started pushing the bystanders farther away.

I don't know if they targeted the guy because he was black, but I certainly think they used unnecessary force and didn't safeguard his life while they had him in their control. To me it's just another example of the "You WILL comply with my orders" mentality that's too prevalent among cops these days.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

• friends
« Reply #5 on: December 03, 2014, 10:40:32 PM »
I think a gut with 31 arrests since he was 16 knew better than to think getting arrested was optional.
And if all they can get is a couple hundred protestors in time square that's not much of a crowd.

Firethorn

• friend
  • Where'd my explosive space modulator go?
« Reply #6 on: December 03, 2014, 10:53:31 PM »
And if all they can get is a couple hundred protestors in time square that's not much of a crowd.

Times Square?  They should be able to get a 'couple hundred' by handing out cookies and cupcakes.

Regolith

• friend
« Reply #7 on: December 03, 2014, 11:07:10 PM »
I think a gut with 31 arrests since he was 16 knew better than to think getting arrested was optional.

I'm gonna laugh if you ever get abused by cops and people start throwing your criminal history back in your defender's faces...

This guy was selling untaxed cigarettes. They *expletive deleted*ing killed him for selling untaxed cigarettes. Let that sink in for a bit.
The price of freedom is eternal vigilance. - Thomas Jefferson

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves. - William Pitt the Younger

Perfectly symmetrical violence never solved anything. - Professor Hubert J. Farnsworth

• friends
« Reply #8 on: December 03, 2014, 11:19:14 PM »
This guy was gonna go to the station get paper and be out in an hour. He made a choice to try to first loud his way out and then fight his way out. A failure in decision making. It's quite peculiar given his experience level. He escalated a misdemeanor into a felony and his own demise .

Interestingly the last time I got charged they did bring up my history but not in the way you fantasized. The cop processing me pointed out to the magistrate that it's been 30 years and it's a hummer. In this state though it didn't matter. I was not eligible for pr had to bond out. I thought about going on the internet and whining but would hate to turn in my man card and I couldn't decide which store to loot so I went home

• friends
« Reply #9 on: December 03, 2014, 11:21:09 PM »
We have here folks who watched 2 mins of video on you tube who think they are better informed and better qualified than a grand jury who heard days of testimony questioned witnesses and looked at evidence. Now that's funny. And it's just as funny when the high SPF folks do it

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: December 03, 2014, 11:25:03 PM »
You don't know what the GJ heard, or if they saw any evidence.
"It's good, though..."

• friends
« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2014, 11:29:37 PM »
Wanna take a mulligan?

• friends
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2014, 11:31:52 PM »
Staten Island District Attorney Daniel Donovan Jr. said the grand jury conducted dozens of interviews with witnesses, including 22 civilians, and met between September 29 and December 3. An attorney for Pantaleo said his client testified for approximately two hours on November 21 in front of the grand jury.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2014, 11:32:50 PM »

Never been choked like that.  Can you clearly say "I can't breathe" when getting choked?  Just wondering if that was something else.  
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2014, 11:35:39 PM »
Yeah, I'll take a do-over on that one.
"It's good, though..."

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2014, 11:36:04 PM »
We have here folks who watched 2 mins of video on you tube who think they are better informed and better qualified than a grand jury who heard days of testimony questioned witnesses and looked at evidence. Now that's funny. And it's just as funny when the high SPF folks do it

I have to agree with this.

Never been choked like that.  Can you clearly say "I can't breathe" when getting choked?  Just wondering if that was something else.   

From what I'm hearing, it is quite possible that Garner suffered cardiac arrest that was probably more related to his physical exertion and stress of the event plus poor physical conditioning than the officer's tactics. Talk about unlucky...

Also, not being able to breath is a common symptom of a cardiac arrest, as in where people will describe it as feeling like an elephant has stepped on their chest...

The GJ cleared it after hearing a lot more information than we are given in a short video and biased media sources...no doubt they had plenty of medical testimony, too.

and the guy was saying loudly enough to be clearly picked up by a bystander's cell phone camera, "I can't breathe, I can't breathe, I can't breathe ..."

It has been noted before that suspects will claim to "not be able to breath" when they are perfectly able to in an effort to get an officer to slacken off in an effort to resume the fight. If you are actually being truly choked out through airway restriction, one really doesn't have much breath to say anything and if you are being choked out through an artery/vein choke, well you can breath but you won't be conscious for long at all.

« Last Edit: December 03, 2014, 11:40:26 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

• friends
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2014, 11:39:18 PM »
He wasn't grabbed around neck for long. Just long enough to bull dog him to the ground . Then same cop got on top held his hand on back off his neck pressed his face down. For a guy with breathing trouble that's real bad . If you can't breath at all it's tuff to talk if he's got anything like what I've got you can't breath enough. It's  sometimes for me more like I can't exhale enough to get a good lung full. I could probably make the sounds he did but I would be in real deep Kim chee. I carry a blood ox meter and I get into the 70's when it gets like that. It's harder to detect in a dark skinned person but he looked bad . There us a 7 min video that shows him as they waited for ems. He was breathing but barely and semi conscious . It's bad

• friends
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2014, 11:42:05 PM »
Yeah, I'll take a do-over on that one.
It's all good the media is doing their usual bang up job disseminating the facts.its hard as heck to find stuff I still haven't seen the actual coroners report though it's changed from preliminary one. 

• friends
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2014, 11:45:51 PM »
I can empathize with garners medical,issues. If I did what he did it might croak me. And I don't have diabetes or cardiac issues. Maybe he decided it's better to go out fighting, I can actually understand that

• friends
« Reply #19 on: December 04, 2014, 12:17:19 AM »
Here's a quiz. How many seconds did the cop have him by the head and neck? Answer it then go to the video and check it

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #20 on: December 04, 2014, 08:19:52 AM »
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27542211/vcu-students-shut-down-broad-st-in-protest-of-ny-grand-jury-decision

Starting about 9 PM students from Virginia Commonwealth University, led by The Usual Professional Rabble Rousers, marched a few blocks and sat down in the middle of the intersection of Broad Street and Belvidere - the main drags through the city (but about 3/4 of a mile west of what is left of the downtown area).  They announced they were not leaving until they were "made to".

Cops blocked off the intersection, detoured traffic, and generally let them freeze their butts.

Folks who take "The Work Bus" from the economically disadvantaged area east of downtown on out to where the service industry jobs are in tje near western suburb were a bit miffed at being delayed but most said they always leave with enough time to get to work unless the bus breaks down.

I can't be positive but there did not seem to be any protesters wearing school-identifiers (jackets, hats, umbrellas with the school name or colors) from the big Baptist university on the other side of town.  (That university sits on the only bus route in town that runs 22 hours a day (a holdover from the days when servants - from where the Work Bus now originates - were prohibitted from stating the night in the home where they worked, so it would have been possible for University of Richmond kids to go join in the fun.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #21 on: December 04, 2014, 08:58:28 AM »
This guy was selling untaxed cigarettes. They *expletive deleted*ing killed him for selling untaxed cigarettes. Let that sink in for a bit

Beat me to it.

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #22 on: December 04, 2014, 09:10:11 AM »
Beat me to it.

Hey, failure to pay their salaries taxes is taken very seriously by the police govt.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2014, 09:36:16 AM »
This guy was selling untaxed cigarettes. They *expletive deleted*ing killed him for selling untaxed cigarettes. Let that sink in for a bit.

Excellent point. There was a problem before they ever approached or laid hands on the guy.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2014, 09:51:03 AM »
It's all good the media is doing their usual bang up job disseminating the facts.its hard as heck to find stuff I still haven't seen the actual coroners report though it's changed from preliminary one. 

I still think the police murdered him (I could be wrong), I'm just conceding the point about the grand jury. 
"It's good, though..."