Author Topic: God hates Reno Nevada!  (Read 19882 times)

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
Re: God hates Reno Nevada!
« Reply #50 on: February 22, 2008, 02:30:13 PM »
Game plan:

Using telephone cards purchased at the mexican market for cash, 20 volunteers phone in different things designed to get police out of the area. The unmarked van pulls up, and the pressurized power washer, fitted with the distance nozzle, is fed a solution of methyl ethyl awful and pink paint.

The van speeds off.

Blog under construction

Antibubba

• friend
« Reply #51 on: February 23, 2008, 09:19:57 AM »
Tecumseh spouted:
By the way, they are Christians preaching Christian doctrine.  Read the bible.

Because G-d hates rape and strangulation victims who worked with children?

You've been reading Jack Chick again haven't you?  That, or you're a Westie yourself.
If life gives you melons, you may be dyslexic.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #52 on: February 23, 2008, 09:21:56 AM »
Game plan:

Using telephone cards purchased at the mexican market for cash, 20 volunteers phone in different things designed to get police out of the area. The unmarked van pulls up, and the pressurized power washer, fitted with the distance nozzle, is fed a solution of methyl ethyl awful and pink paint.

The van speeds off.

Calling 9/11 in non-emergencies is not a good idea.  And assaulting people with chemicals is not the high road. 

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #53 on: February 23, 2008, 09:24:41 AM »
Damn it, don't make me agree with Tecumseh.  The best idea, I think, would be to form a counter group, which rings the funeral, silently, and blocks the scum from oozing onto the folks trying to grieve. 

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #54 on: February 23, 2008, 09:43:55 AM »
Damn it, don't make me agree with Tecumseh.  The best idea, I think, would be to form a counter group, which rings the funeral, silently, and blocks the scum from oozing onto the folks trying to grieve. 

Or shout them down with megaphones blaring patriotic music.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #55 on: February 23, 2008, 10:25:06 AM »
  Exactly.  Bloodthirstiness is not a good trait.  Let these people practice their religion in peace and protest in peace.  We have the right to counter protest (assuming all the permits are in order).

Does anyone else think the media is to blame for sensationalizing this to the point of disgust?  For sensationalizing the Westboro Baptist Church and their message of Christian Hatred as well as the death of a pretty young girl.  It is terrible that she died, but the idea that we latch onto every murder of a pretty young white girl suggests that they sensationalize it. 

I would argue it is something the locals should grieve for but to bring it to the attention of the nation seems silly.  It also causes conflicts like WBC showing up. 

RadioFreeSeaLab

• friend
« Reply #56 on: February 23, 2008, 10:49:53 AM »
We have the right to counter protest (assuming all the permits are in order).
Yay, I found a subject to disagree with you on! Permits ought not be required to exercise one's rights.

mustanger98

• friend
« Reply #57 on: February 23, 2008, 12:19:55 PM »
If Phelps/WBC had any common courtest and, better yet, decency, they'd not be protesting at funerals at all. Their message that "God hates fags" or "God hates rape/murder victims" is bad enough, but to throw it in the faces of those who are dealing with the loss of a loved one is beyond the pale. As I said before, they are not Christians. How would they like it if some group protested at their funerals? As Jesus said, "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you". I don't think they know what that means either.

My personal opinion... if I were a moderator here (and I am a moderator on another board, but not here), I would kick Tecumseh out the airlock. I've done it before when I had to deal with a similar situation.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #58 on: February 23, 2008, 05:06:23 PM »
Let these people practice their religion in peace and protest in peace. 

Amen.  But what do we do when they go to a funeral and loudly say very hateful things about the deceased?  Since that is not peaceful or acceptable, nor is it something they have a right to do, such protests publicity stunts should be shut down by the legal authorities. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Paddy

« Reply #59 on: February 23, 2008, 05:13:00 PM »
"Free speech" is about dissent against government, not about verbally attacking and harassing private citizens.  Any PD worth a hoot would arrest them for disturbing the peace.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #60 on: February 23, 2008, 05:33:36 PM »
"Free speech" is about dissent against government, not about verbally attacking and harassing private citizens

Just what I was about to say. The First Amendment, while it guarantees your right to free speech, has nothing to do with guaranteeing a right to disturb people trying to pay their last respects to dead loved ones.

Does anyone else think the media is to blame for sensationalizing this to the point of disgust?  For sensationalizing the Westboro Baptist Church and their message of Christian Hatred as well as the death of a pretty young girl.

The media didn't make the decision for the WBC to show up and start their asinine protesting. As for the sensationalizing thing, they should let the family be in peace, but there is also nothing making you pay any attention to it. Just don't watch the news. I don't, and it kinda helps keep my blood pressure in check.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #61 on: February 23, 2008, 06:20:52 PM »
assaulting people with chemicals is not the high road.

But in some cases it's rather fun...

Imagine all the Phelps people, painted pink and stinking of ethyl mercapjeezuswhatisthatstuff trying to get home...

Blog under construction

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2008, 06:36:41 AM »
Well three thugs from that disgusting cult showed up and got some eggs thrown at them and left really quick.

I believe that not letting them feel the wrath of an angry crowd is enabling them in their addiction to lawsuits and their addiction to the pain they cause to families in their time of unfathomable grief.

We are hurting the next generation of inbred Phelps by not letting the crowd wring some necks, I say break some arms and noses now to save them from the angry mob later that will kill them with pitchforks and torches like they killed other monsters in less scary times.

Tecumseh The first step in recovery is admitting your blinding irrational  hatred for Christians, and stop baiting them.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #63 on: February 24, 2008, 07:53:45 AM »
Well three thugs from that disgusting cult showed up and got some eggs thrown at them and left really quick.
See? God doesn't REALLY hate Reno.  grin
Avoid cliches like the plague!

The Viking

« Reply #64 on: February 24, 2008, 08:50:31 AM »
I do hope the eggs were rotten laugh.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #65 on: February 24, 2008, 08:57:32 AM »
Deep down I hope the eggs were frozen solid.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #66 on: February 24, 2008, 09:24:03 AM »
Use a hypo, suck out the innards, and fill 'em with pink paint and ethyl mercaptayech.

Blog under construction

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #67 on: February 24, 2008, 09:43:54 AM »
Use a hypo, suck out the innards, and fill 'em with pink paint and ethyl mercaptayech.

Bogie, you're fascination with stinky pink stuff makes me very very nervous..........     grin
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #68 on: February 24, 2008, 09:49:24 AM »

Bogie, you're fascination with stinky pink stuff makes me very very nervous..........     grin

Napalm would be more appropriate...

Twycross

• friend
« Reply #69 on: February 24, 2008, 10:04:30 AM »
Yeah, but then we get into the sticky question of 'how do you safely relocate a napalm egg from yourself to the target?'  cheesy

Bogie

• friend
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #70 on: February 24, 2008, 10:33:41 AM »
With a lobbing motion, so as to not break it while throwing. If you want something a bit sturdier, paint them with nail polish.

I oughta write the 2008 version of the Anarchist's Cookbook...

Blog under construction

The Viking

« Reply #71 on: February 24, 2008, 10:37:11 AM »
With a lobbing motion, so as to not break it while throwing. If you want something a bit sturdier, paint them with nail polish.

I oughta write the 2008 version of the Anarchist's Cookbook...

Will the stuff actually work, and be safe until you want them to go kaboom? I'll buy a copy! angel angel
Remember: No bananadine! laugh

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #72 on: February 24, 2008, 11:35:11 AM »

I know I'm not like to get a rational answer, but why would they want to picket a rape victim's funeral?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

The Viking

« Reply #73 on: February 24, 2008, 12:25:03 PM »

I know I'm not like to get a rational answer, but why would they want to picket a rape victim's funeral?
Because they are evil, vile, subhuman scumbags that should be ass raped with a broomstick covered in Tabasco and mushed jalape?o, and then buried up to their heads near an anthill, with said head covered in honey?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #74 on: February 24, 2008, 12:34:41 PM »

Because they are evil, vile, subhuman scumbags that should be ass raped with a broomstick covered in Tabasco and mushed jalape?o, and then buried up to their heads near an anthill, with said head covered in honey?

Now, that is a technically correct answer.  So let me rephrase, what is their professed reason for wanting to picket a rape victim's funeral?
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.