Author Topic: Taliban and Al Queda are JUST PLAIN STUPID  (Read 5802 times)

Werewolf

• friend
  • Lead, Follow or Get the HELL out of the WAY!
Taliban and Al Queda are JUST PLAIN STUPID
« on: March 13, 2008, 05:54:30 AM »
Don't those guys know that all they'd have to do to get the US out of Iraq and Afghanistan is to just lay low for a while and make it look like we won? A year, two at the most of no activity and IMO we'd have no choice but to leave both places. The everyday citizens of both countries would demand it and it would be hard to justify staying based on our public stance as to why we're there now.

Not a few posters here have stated that those guys think in terms of years if not centuries so why don't they just lay low for a while?

Comments...
Life is short, Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Love
truly, Laugh uncontrollably, And never regret anything that made you smile.

Fight Me Online

Manedwolf

• friend
Re: Taliban and Al Queda are JUST PLAIN STUPID
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 05:56:49 AM »
You want reason from people who really think that if they splatter themselves and a bunch of civilians all over a cafe, they're going to some paradise with a bunch of virgins?

The problem with creating an army of fanatics is that even if the top leadership has good strategies, the wild-eyed fanatics won't listen to any order but "kill!"

It's like trying to have a vicious, crazed dog that will bite anything it sees, that also obeys "sit". It won't.

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 07:28:31 AM »
Don't those guys know that all they'd have to do to get the US out of Iraq and Afghanistan is to just lay low for a while and make it look like we won? A year, two at the most of no activity and IMO we'd have no choice but to leave both places. The everyday citizens of both countries would demand it and it would be hard to justify staying based on our public stance as to why we're there now.

Not a few posters here have stated that those guys think in terms of years if not centuries so why don't they just lay low for a while?

Comments...
Yea good idea.  I'll pass that on to my superiors.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 07:36:39 AM »
Let's say the bad guys decide to lay low for a year or two.

So things become peaceful, the economy recovers, the streets become safe, and everyone begins to think, "Things are SO much better without the islamofascists, I'm GLAD the USA won!!"

Then AFTER we leave, things start blowing up, people start getting machine gunned, power goes off . . . now that the people have a basis for comparison, WHO is going to be blamed?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 08:38:56 AM »
Are you kidding me. No matter what happens to Al Queda, we will never leave the Middle East. Its not in the nature of the breed of politicians that we for some reason we keep electing.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 09:32:05 AM »
No, the Taliban and Al-Quaeda are not stupid. They're a terrible threat to America, just like the Soviets and the Nazis were, haven't you heard?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 06:59:15 PM »
Are you kidding me. No matter what happens to Al Queda, we will never leave the Middle East. Its not in the nature of the breed of politicians that we for some reason we keep electing.
  Exactly.

If they are so stupid, then why are they such a threat to American security according to many here?

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 07:44:10 PM »
  Exactly.

If they are so stupid, then why are they such a threat to American security according to many here?
You must not know much about stupid people.
Some of the most dangerous people I've known were stupid.
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.

Tecumseh

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 10:22:01 PM »
  Exactly.

IF Al Quaeda is so stupid then why are we pursuing them still?  Wouldnt we have crushed their leadership and dismantled their infrastructure in Afghanistan? 

LAK

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 13, 2008, 10:27:53 PM »
Al Kidya are not stupid - more like on a leash. If they were not on a leash there is plenty they could easily have done since 2001, much of it so obvious a "team" of school kids could have figured it out - let alone educated men with vast financial resources and a professional pool of well over a billion people. If they are what big fat corporate gov says they are that is.

------------------------------------

http://searchronpaul.com
http://ussliberty.org/oldindex.html
http://www.gtr5.com
http://ssunitedstates.org

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2008, 01:31:57 AM »
If they really want us out, they would come across the US/Mexico border, head to Florida and Michigan, and vote for Obama.....  grin
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2008, 02:39:57 AM »
  Exactly.

Oh, I don't know.
September 11th mean anything?

His point is that thier stated goal is to get us out of Iraq.  By laying low we'd have no excuse to be there anymore. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2008, 04:17:03 AM »
  Exactly.

IF Al Quaeda is so stupid then why are we pursuing them still?  Wouldnt we have crushed their leadership and dismantled their infrastructure in Afghanistan? 

Have you ever seen the terrain there? Do you realize how hard it is to find people in that rocky wasteland?

As someone deployed there said, the rocks aren't rocks you can climb over, they're vertical surfaces that say "f you".

We'd have had to turn the whole area to glass.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2008, 06:39:50 AM »
AQ could turn this country upside down with very little effort (I'm not going to say how).  I am surprised and relieved that they haven't (yet).
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Finch

• Fading Freedoms
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2008, 07:53:59 AM »
His point is that thier stated goal is to get us out of Iraq.  By laying low we'd have no excuse to be there anymore. 

Well, since AQ wasn't the one of many reasons we went to Iraq, I doubt that them laying low would cause us to leave. I'm sure we would find another reason, any reason, to stay.
Truth is treason in the empire of lies - Ron Paul

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2008, 07:55:28 AM »
Al Kidya are not stupid - more like on a leash. If they were not on a leash there is plenty they could easily have done since 2001, much of it so obvious a "team" of school kids could have figured it out - let alone educated men with vast financial resources and a professional pool of well over a billion people. If they are what big fat corporate gov says they are that is.

They are actually controlled by Mossad and Shin Beth.  This is obvious since Israel has had no terrorist incidents done by AQ even though they are tops on the supposed hit list.
So the U.S. can't destroy them because then the Israelis would "drop the bomb" about certain elected officials.
Or something like that.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.

wooderson

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2008, 07:57:07 AM »
There's more value (ideologically and in terms of building support/funds) to the insurgency and Al Qaeda in killing Americans than in laying back and playing the long game.
"The famously genial grin turned into a rictus of senile fury: I was looking at a cruel and stupid lizard."

AmbulanceDriver

• Junior Rocketeer
  • friends
« Reply #17 on: March 14, 2008, 02:13:21 PM »

They are actually controlled by Mossad and Shin Beth.  This is obvious since Israel has had no terrorist incidents done by AQ even though they are tops on the supposed hit list.
So the U.S. can't destroy them because then the Israelis would "drop the bomb" about certain elected officials.
Or something like that.

I'm not sure if I'm missing some finely pointed sarcasm here, or if both of you are drunk/stoned/temporarily lost your faculties....  Huh?
Are you a cook, or a RIFLEMAN?  Find out at Appleseed!

http://www.appleseedinfo.org

"For some many people, attempting to process a logical line of thought brings up the blue screen of death." -Blakenzy

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #18 on: March 14, 2008, 05:22:20 PM »
AQ could turn this country upside down with very little effort (I'm not going to say how).  I am surprised and relieved that they haven't (yet).
Ohhh now I'm curious.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #19 on: March 14, 2008, 10:29:24 PM »
Rabbi was being sarcastic.  LAK was...just being LAK.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

LAK

• friend
« Reply #20 on: March 15, 2008, 06:22:36 AM »
And yes, predictably; the Rabbi pulls out yet another stock piece of canned laughter. Which could actually be stating the truth as a sort of hidden in plain sight; if you state it openly, brazenly, and with sarcasm the assumption for anyone who does not bother to find out for themselves is that "it thus obviously can not be true".

Or something like that.

Quite possible; it would not be anything new. And it is quite evident that most of Congress have been compromized one way or another.

The State of Israel has been caught funding "Hamas". Operation Suzannah, otherwise known as the Lavon Affair is perhaps their most widely known - or acknowledged - operations of state sponsored terrorism.

And there has been more than one "Esek HaBish" - like Operation Cyanide and the USS Liberty.

"[about Operation Cyanide and the Liberty] I know what I am able to tell you and where I have to stop. And here I stop." - Rafi Eitan

"You'll have to ask McNamara [about Operation Cyanide and the Liberty]" - CIA Director Richard Helms

And McNamara? Predictably wouldn't discuss it on camera with the BBC film crew. "DEAD IN THE WATER" on DVD.

There was Operation Northwoods - thankfully to which John F. Kennedy's men said "no". Funny it was not McNamara that said no when it reached him.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

Of course we've had the ficticious "Gulf of Tonkin incident". Gladio was uncovered over a long period of time and publicly acknowledged by Giulio Andreotti, Italy's PM 1972-1973, 1976-1979, 1989-1992. Along with P2 and the rest of their merry band.

So why the attempts to make it appear rational and logical that the fat greedy drunken [with power] corporate gov wearing the suits in Washington and their cronies around the globe are somehow "incapable" or "unlikely" to be be any less up to their eyeballs in this than they have been at selling this country out by the trillion?

If Al Kidya was what they are telling us, they could have easily have brought this country to it's financial knees by Christmas 2001. Not just "possibly" - easily.

---------------------------------------------

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #21 on: March 15, 2008, 06:28:34 AM »

Dude I love ya and everything, but AQ isn't going to get any unique ideas from you on this web forum.
Read some Tom Clancy type books.  They've given AQ plenty of good ideas.
 laugh

They don't even need unique ideas.  Look at Hezbolah.  They walk into Seminarys and start shooting.  They blow themselves up on buses.  Doing such actions in middle America would wreak havoc.  They know that.  But with limited resources and assets, they go for big targets to make a statement.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #22 on: March 15, 2008, 10:05:57 AM »
Don't confuse being stupid with being dangerous.  Only a fool would think they're the same thing.

Al Qaida has amply proven that they're dangerous and a threat to the US.  Don't try to suggest otherwise.

Al Qaida's behavior has been mixed in terms of intelligence.  On the one hand, many of their operations have been masterfully planned and carried out.  9/11, the bombing of the train in Spain, and the bombing of the Samarra mosque were all brilliant moves on their part. 

On the other hand, Al Qaida has also demonstrated plenty of foolishness.  Their failure to follow up with more attacks in the months after 9/11 was a terrible blunder.  Werewolf's example on them laying low in Iraq (or better yet, Afghanistan) for a few years is another example of a smart strategy they are overlooking.  Targeting Muslim civilians in Iraq is proving to be a major mistake for Al Q.

I think Al Qaida is generally quite intelligent.  The disconnect comes from falsely ascribing goals and objectives to their actions.  I think their violence and hatred isn't something they do for a reason or a purpose, it isn't meant to advance any particular goal or agenda.  I think it's simply who they are. 

WeedWhacker

« Reply #23 on: March 15, 2008, 12:19:56 PM »
Freedom is dangerous.

Good thing we've got our government fixing that oversight for us.
"Higher education" is often a euphemism for producers of fermented, homogenized minds.

The Rabbi

• friend
  • "Ahh, Jeez. Not this sh*t again!"
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 04:42:55 PM »
And yes, predictably; the Rabbi pulls out yet another stock piece of canned laughter. Which could actually be stating the truth as a sort of hidden in plain sight; if you state it openly, brazenly, and with sarcasm the assumption for anyone who does not bother to find out for themselves is that "it thus obviously can not be true".

Or something like that.

Quite possible; it would not be anything new. And it is quite evident that most of Congress have been compromized one way or another.

The State of Israel has been caught funding "Hamas". Operation Suzannah, otherwise known as the Lavon Affair is perhaps their most widely known - or acknowledged - operations of state sponsored terrorism.

And there has been more than one "Esek HaBish" - like Operation Cyanide and the USS Liberty.

"[about Operation Cyanide and the Liberty] I know what I am able to tell you and where I have to stop. And here I stop." - Rafi Eitan

"You'll have to ask McNamara [about Operation Cyanide and the Liberty]" - CIA Director Richard Helms

And McNamara? Predictably wouldn't discuss it on camera with the BBC film crew. "DEAD IN THE WATER" on DVD.

There was Operation Northwoods - thankfully to which John F. Kennedy's men said "no". Funny it was not McNamara that said no when it reached him.

http://www.gwu.edu/~nsarchiv/news/20010430/northwoods.pdf

Of course we've had the ficticious "Gulf of Tonkin incident". Gladio was uncovered over a long period of time and publicly acknowledged by Giulio Andreotti, Italy's PM 1972-1973, 1976-1979, 1989-1992. Along with P2 and the rest of their merry band.

So why the attempts to make it appear rational and logical that the fat greedy drunken [with power] corporate gov wearing the suits in Washington and their cronies around the globe are somehow "incapable" or "unlikely" to be be any less up to their eyeballs in this than they have been at selling this country out by the trillion?

If Al Kidya was what they are telling us, they could have easily have brought this country to it's financial knees by Christmas 2001. Not just "possibly" - easily.

---------------------------------------------

Darn, just when I think I've gone over the top in the sarcasm department, you come along and raise the bar.
I'll just say that the views you've expressed are idiotic in the extreme, and reflect a lack of knowledge combined with a paranoia and Jew-hatred that I am happy I dont see more often.
Fight state-sponsored Islamic terrorism: Bomb France now!

Vote Libertarian: It Not Like It Matters Anyway.