Author Topic: The Feminism Thread  (Read 19622 times)

BridgeRunner

• friend
Re: The Feminism Thread
« Reply #75 on: April 08, 2008, 05:18:21 PM »
i dare you..

i double dare you...

Don't worry Blue, it's got nothing to do with the thread and everything to do with Grampster baiting me.  I'd've invited him to take it outside already, except I don't want to hurt an old guy.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #76 on: April 08, 2008, 06:18:21 PM »
Somebody's been sippin' a bit of homemade mead, honey. grin
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #77 on: April 08, 2008, 06:37:02 PM »

Nah, see what happens is the honey ferments, it's where ya get the alcohol.  No honey left over here.

Anyway, it's not the mead, but the steroids.  Just bumped up to a higher dose of the stuff I'm on for my newly discovered asthma.   Allegedly the stuff can have interesting mood effects.  Judging from my posts tonight, I'd say that's the case.  I figured I'd just go with it tonight...

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #78 on: April 08, 2008, 07:27:32 PM »

Nah, see what happens is the honey ferments, it's where ya get the alcohol.  No honey left over here.

Anyway, it's not the mead, but the steroids.  Just bumped up to a higher dose of the stuff I'm on for my newly discovered asthma.   Allegedly the stuff can have interesting mood effects.  Judging from my posts tonight, I'd say that's the case.  I figured I'd just go with it tonight...

Isn't that typical, can't hang with the boys without chemical enhancement... grin

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #79 on: April 08, 2008, 08:31:28 PM »
but the steroids

So now you are blaming roid rage. laugh
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #80 on: April 09, 2008, 12:33:14 AM »
I just jacked this from THR, feeling that it would also be appropriate here.
More fuel for the fire...
http://www.feministezine.com/feminist/modern/Subverting-Feminism-For-Guns.html
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #81 on: April 09, 2008, 04:26:52 AM »
but how many lady's are on here?
Zero. There are no women on the internet.
Ah the internet.

Where men are really dorks, women are really ugly fat dudes in their underwear, and children are really federal agents.

So....does that make fistful a really ugly fat dork in federal-agent-issued underwear?....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #82 on: April 09, 2008, 04:59:17 AM »
I wonder if Oleg would be interested to know those mopes hijacked his photos.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #83 on: April 09, 2008, 05:01:42 AM »
Saw that on THR.  Dunno what the point is of using stolen images to disprove what they are claiming.  Weird.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #84 on: April 09, 2008, 05:04:05 AM »

If they are associated with THR they may have Oleg's permission.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #85 on: April 09, 2008, 07:28:08 AM »

If they are associated with THR they may have Oleg's permission.

I don't think they are.  The consensus seems to be the writer stole the images and then wrote a very bad and non-informed screed to try to counter them.  Which merely results in more people seeing Oleg's work and how foolish the counter-arguments to them are.

"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #86 on: April 09, 2008, 08:23:44 AM »
Quote from: A seriously deluded feminist
Frankly the best tool against a rapist is laughter. Men can't stand it when you laugh at their equipment. Call it a combination of dick-envy and male ego, but men get really upset when you laugh at their pathetic private little pistol.

...and then they shoot you with the pistol that Big Nanny Government says you can't have to defend yourself......

This nutjob is going to get a lot of women killed.....  angry
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

member1313

« Reply #87 on: April 09, 2008, 03:11:40 PM »
Well, the main problem I have with feminism is that both men and women are treated differently based on their gender. Men and women are not the same. Sorry, but it's the truth. That statement is backed up by a lot of research showing that there are differences in cognition between men and women. Both sexes perceive and interpret information differently.

This means that a typical man is naturally inclined to do certain things, and that women are naturally inclined to do certain things. This doesn't mean that one sex is inferior, nor is it sexist.

I'd rather have a man build a deck for me, but would have no problem with a woman doing it, either. I'd rather talk to a woman about a personal problem, as women are more emotional, and are thus more sensitive, compassionate, and caring.

I have no problem with either sex. I just have a problem with people playing the victim when nothing is really fair for anyone. If you have a legitimate reason for complaining, more power to you.

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #88 on: April 09, 2008, 09:30:31 PM »
From reading the thread on THR, he knows and considers it a further spreading of his message(s).
I agree since his photos refute in a clear, concise and powerful way all of the bile the author is spewing.
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #89 on: April 09, 2008, 10:54:21 PM »
I just jacked this from THR, feeling that it would also be appropriate here.
More fuel for the fire...
http://www.feministezine.com/feminist/modern/Subverting-Feminism-For-Guns.html

"Frankly the best tool against a rapist is laughter. Men can't stand it when you laugh at their equipment."

So wait.... they think that a violent rapist is going to just let you go if/when you mock their 'parts'?

...ahahahaha.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner