Author Topic: Quick rants...  (Read 15260 times)

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
Quick rants...
« on: June 19, 2008, 03:57:42 PM »
SANDWICH MEAT
HOLY CRAP
Why is it that the bags must be the same exact size as the slab of meat?  I can barely get my finger in it much less the meat out.  I end up with a mangled glob of road kill on a slice of bread.

MEC 600 JR
WHAT THE BALLS
Why doesn't it have a buzzer that alarms you when you're about to tilt the charge bar and bottles back without the little red caps in the bottles?  It should.

I will add moar things as I think of them.  During the day, I find plenty of things to rant about but can't think of many at the moment.

tl;dr:  ITT we post quick rants.
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

grampster

• friend
Re: Quick rants...
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2008, 04:29:15 PM »
Lazy miserable slobs that leave their grocery carts randomly around the parking lot rather than pushing it ten feet to the cart corral. 

Slobs who throw their bottles and garbage out of the car window along the road rather than taking it home and disposing of it properly.

Lousy curs that take a pickup load of household trash and garbage and dump it in the beautiful Manistee National Forest where I live.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2008, 04:31:31 PM »
Parking lot circlers.
People who can't park inbetween the lines.
Paddy.  laugh
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Mabs2

• friend
  • セクシー
    • iCarly
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2008, 04:38:46 PM »
Good ones.  H8 the carts in parking lot quite a bit myself.

My keyboard's keys stick...this is REALLY annoying in games as I find myself going in a random direction until I figure out which key is stuck.  Sounds simple, but in the middle of a firefight it's actually difficult...
And in Firefox, if my shift key gets stuck, I wont know it until I scroll...and shift scrolling controls my browser's back and forward buttons. Sad
Quote from: jamisjockey
Sunday it felt a little better, but it was quite irritated from me rubbing it.
Quote from: Mike Irwin
If you watch any of the really early episodes of the Porter Waggoner show she was in (1967) it's very clear that he was well endowed.
Quote from: Ben
Just wanted to give a forum thumbs up to Dick.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2008, 05:13:37 PM »
People who pick one piece out of an office muffin, donut, bagel, etc, leaving the rest of it partially smashed with fingerprints in it. Like anyone is going to eat that? JUST TAKE IT BACK TO YOUR DESK AND THROW THE REST AWAY IF YOU'RE ON A DIET.

And, of course, people who for some unfathomable reason can't use a damned public sink without splashing so much water on the counter that it's invisibly all the way to the edge, getting on your pants if they touch the counter and making it look like you had an accident. Did these people take the short bus, that they can't figure out how to operate a faucet without creating a scene from "Titanic" all over the counters and floor?

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2008, 05:29:22 PM »
USB Bluetooth adapters that don't.  Works now.  Stupid Toshiba BT driver.  MS driver is much better and actually works.  I can sync my Centro without a frackin' wire now.

S9+ noise over less than S9 signals.

Constant effing rain that's keeping me from going biking.

Chris

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2008, 05:35:10 PM »
Being stuck behind somebody on a 2 lane who can't hold a speed.  45- 75 - 45 - 75 - 85 - 45 - 75 - 55 - fast.. slow..  jsut freaking pick one.

Computer programs trying to second guess what I am trying to do instead of just opening a new freaking document or letting me connect to a network.

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2008, 05:52:43 PM »
Old people in pewter buicks

Smokers with the "world is my ashtray" mentality.  I voted against the stupid ban and now i'm seeing why everybody hates you.

yesitsloaded

• friends
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2008, 06:23:05 PM »
Turbo cars that decide to grenade the motor twice in a year.

Guitars that cost more than $400 that won't stay in tune.

People that think their excrement don't stink.

Girlfriends that ditch you because they just wanted to "see what else was out there".

Criminals.
I can haz nukular banstiks ? Say no to furries, yes to people.

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2008, 06:35:25 PM »
Turbo cars that decide to grenade the motor twice in a year.

The biggest problem with turbochargers is that when you turn off the car, a whole lot of heat is going back up into the engine, back through any valve that was open when it stopped moving, and pretty much cooks the injectors.

Then, of course, there was the older Miata where the turbocharger was right against the brake master cylinder. It boiled the brake fluid, so when you hit the brakes during a period of driving all out...they didn't work so good.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2008, 06:41:53 PM »
People demanding that I validate their panic of the moment. What the heck!?

People who freak because I'm not properly controlling my kiddo, in perfectly family-friendly locations, the first time she makes a sound.  Some sounds are socially acceptable, and I can't actually see into the future.  She will shriek one time before I remove her, and she *is* allowed to talk.  Deal with it.

Women who feel obligated to tell me all about their entire lactational history because they see me nursing my kid. Hey lady, I see you have a sandwich there.  Would you like the story of the last twenty meals I cooked?  We obviously share an interest in food, after all.

Guys who trip over themselves to let me know they're ok with me shooting at their range.  Thanks guys, I'm a member too.  Didn't even need your approval to show up today.  

People who believe they have a God-given right to behave like a three year old, up to and including throwing things, and then get mortally insulted when I decide to be somewhere out of hearing distance of their tantrum.  Especially if said people are my father-in-law.

Mental health professionals who take my money and my time so they can chat to me about whatever they feel like chatting about.  Isn't that backwards?  You want to chat about you, you start paying me.

Sorry, I'm feeling exceptionally pissy tonight.

Oh, and finally.  A four word rant:  Secure Transactions.  Friday morning.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #11 on: June 19, 2008, 06:47:44 PM »
Bridgewalker, you have my permission to shoot at range little lady.  Be careful with that shooter, need me to show you how to run it?   Careful, remember it is quite loud.  Are you sure you can handle that .357?  I have a .22 in the bag that might be more your size!  grin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2008, 06:50:33 PM »

Women who feel obligated to tell me all about their entire lactational history because they see me nursing my kid. Hey lady, I see you have a sandwich there.  Would you like the story of the last twenty meals I cooked?  We obviously share an interest in food, after all.

What IS with the fact that that seems to have become a devotional religion? They even have leagues and bumper stickers and weekly meetings, apparently.

41magsnub

• friend
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2008, 06:52:54 PM »

Women who feel obligated to tell me all about their entire lactational history because they see me nursing my kid. Hey lady, I see you have a sandwich there.  Would you like the story of the last twenty meals I cooked?  We obviously share an interest in food, after all.

What IS with the fact that that seems to have become a devotional religion? They even have leagues and bumper stickers and weekly meetings, apparently.

It's the same thing with child birth war stories, men with tales of boot camp, and old folks about their last trip to the doctor.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #14 on: June 19, 2008, 06:57:14 PM »

Well, the meeting and leagues and stuff are helpful and important.  It's not as easy as it looks, and when you're nursing a toddler it can get pretty frustrating.  Weaning can make you wish to whack someone's head into a wall--be it one's own, a spouse's, or a kid's.  It took my kiddo a month to figure it out, with a whole lotta help and advice from several people.  And doctors and such are utterly useless.  I had two doctors order me to give the kid formula when I had perfectly good expressed milk sitting in my fridge.  Morons.  The meetings are actually monthly, or bi-monthly if one goes to the toddler meetings.  

But the preaching to strangers is just weird.  Also, really creepy and gross to walk up to random nursing women and thank them for helping out the world by breastfeeding.  First, my mother called it nursing.  I call it nursing.  Fewer syllables and sounds a whole lot less, um, agricultural.  Second of all, I'm nursing cuz it's cheap and it's good for my kid.  The world can take care of itself.  Go away.  Ok, sorry, extended rant.  I'll be quiet now.

nico

• friend
« Reply #15 on: June 19, 2008, 08:08:30 PM »
Then, of course, there was the older Miata where the turbocharger was right against the brake master cylinder. It boiled the brake fluid, so when you hit the brakes during a period of driving all out...they didn't work so good.

Which miata (besides the masdaspeed, which doesn't count as "older") came with a turbo, because I want one? 

Girlfriends that ditch you because they just wanted to "see what else was out there".

How about the ones that dump you for "what else was out there" without warning and hide it from you for 3 months, thereby allowing/making you feel guilty for the negative thoughts you ahve about her..

I'll add to the list: periodontists (That's one for an entirely different thread, which I'll leave for when I have time and am soberer.  Suffice it to say I almost got kicked out of school this week because of an egotistical ass who teaches a 2 credit class that I had a passing grade in, which would have left me with $150k in loans to pay back with no way to pay them). 

dental school (any doubts. . . try it angry)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2008, 02:29:59 AM »
Lazy miserable slobs that leave their grocery carts randomly around the parking lot rather than pushing it ten feet to the cart corral.

Have an infant in the car seat in Texas heat and see if you change your tune.

Have a toddler who can get outta his car seat and give them the chance to do so by turning your back & see if you think otherwise.

Of course, when it is just little ol' me or if my wife is along to help ride herd, the cart goes in its proper spot.  But, if I have the little ones with, the cart will get left where it gets left, not regrets.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

LadySmith

• friends
  • Veni, Vidi, Jactavi Calceos
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2008, 02:40:41 AM »
Bridgewalker, you have my permission to shoot at range little lady.  Be careful with that shooter, need me to show you how to run it?   Careful, remember it is quite loud.  Are you sure you can handle that .357?  I have a .22 in the bag that might be more your size!  grin
41magsnub, you know of which we rant!  cheesy
I politely listened to a guy at the range expound upon the merits of the 9mm he was shooting until he opined that it was probably too much gun for me to handle. undecided So I excused myself to the next lane and proceeded to outshoot him with my .45s and even did better than him with my 12ga. angel He was all  shocked after that.  grin
Rogue AI searching for amusement and/or Ellie Mae imitator searching for critters.
"What doesn't kill me makes me stronger...and it also makes me a cat-lover" - The Viking
According to Ben, I'm an inconvenient anomaly (and proud of it!).

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2008, 03:30:31 AM »
Fart cans on imports.  I hate it when knuckleheads put them big ass, loud and rattling mufflers on a car for no reason other to make noise.  I have a 500 horse 70 Cougar and toned down my exhaust so not to blow out eardrums whan I hammer it.

Tuco

• Fastest non-sequitur in the West.
  • friends
  • If you miss you had better miss very well
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2008, 04:00:38 AM »

I'm nursing cuz it's cheap and it's good for my kid.  The world can take care of itself.  

Clap clap clap clap clap.

My wife nursed out two girls, and it really stressed her.  Not knowiing if they were getting enough, the grip, the position, breating, reloading, being slightly grossed out by the service animal aspect...  The Leagues information was valuable, they seemed to me akin to a ski club or a trapshooting club - someplace nursing mothers can go to find pointers on a semi-skilled task.

Anyway - My peeves are people who assume rules don't apply to them,  litterbugs, especially.

"But officer, an apple core is biodegradable."
      "Yep.  So is a tin can"

Litterbugs - go to hell.
7-11 was a part time job.

grampster

• friend
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2008, 04:42:34 AM »

Have an infant in the car seat in Texas heat and see if you change your tune.

Have a toddler who can get outta his car seat and give them the chance to do so by turning your back & see if you think otherwise.

Of course, when it is just little ol' me or if my wife is along to help ride herd, the cart goes in its proper spot.  But, if I have the little ones with, the cart will get left where it gets left, not regrets.

Evidently you missed the part about "Lazy, miserable slobs..." angel
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

ilbob

• friend
    • Bob's blog
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2008, 04:45:38 AM »
people who bring their little darlings with them everywhere but refuse to make them behave.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2008, 06:09:01 AM »
Cheap, crappy little rice-tastic cars with enormous yet poorly installed subs that sound like the world's most annoying fire alarm bell at every bass note.

Crotchety old range Nazis. Note; strict adherence to safety measures sternly enforced is great. That doesn't mean publicly castigating a new shooter for minor infractions (Informing someone=good. Being a dick and humiliating a new person=bad), rigorous adherence to petty non-safety related rules (one round per mag at a time on the rifle line, no vaguely human shaped target etc). Acting as tho the very idea of their range running informal IPSC, IDPA, or 3 gun matches is tantamount to suggesting they have a fund-raising orgy / human sacrifice. If you respond to "Do you guys ever have IPSC or 3 gun matches here" by saying "No, no, no. I think a range out to North Bend did, but then someone shot himself on accident."  rolleyes Civility and respect don't reduce safety. Being an ahole does reduce the chance new people will want to be shooters.

People who do not, in fact, ride that Harley with straight pipes. They just sit in their driveway and rev the effing thing for like an hour.

Gun shops that treat anyone under 65 as unwelcome intrusions.

Beautiful old mil-surps getting bubba'ed. I don't mind sporterization per se, but if your primary tools are a hacksaw and a large hammer, put the freaking K-31 down.

"Gun shows" consisting mostly of beanie babies, beef jerky, Nazi memorabilia, and crap-tastic Mosins priced about 5x what you can get it for at a store.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2008, 07:02:04 AM »
Inconsiderate Cigarette smokers : The world is not your ashtray.  I don't want your butts in my street or my yard or my driveway.  Nothing disgusts me more than to see piles of cigarette butts aound the entrances to public places.  You people are nasty animals that don't deserve to live.
Also, if we're forced into a tightly packed group, such as waiting in line outside a stadium, or travelling between buildings at a convention....can't you wait two minutes to light that god damn cancer stick?  Seriously, I don't want you blowing your smoke in my face. 
Door to door salesmen.  My house, my property.  No, I don't want a new alarm system.  No, my lawn is already cut I don't need lawn service.  No, I don't want to be a Mormon.  Go away!!
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2008, 07:04:37 AM »
"Seriously, I don't want you blowing your smoke in my face."

Hold your breath, whiny liberal.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.