Author Topic: "Mr. & Mrs. America, turn them all in."  (Read 25598 times)

BReilley

• Just a frog in a pond.
  • friend
Re: "Mr. & Mrs. America, turn them all in."
« Reply #50 on: November 06, 2008, 02:30:14 PM »
Who is this Obama? Oh the guy that replaced Bush!! I can't make myself call him Pres...Pr...Presi...nope can't do it.

He doesn't want to be called President, just call Him "Comrade".  And don't forget the red letters while quoting Him.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #51 on: November 06, 2008, 02:58:37 PM »
Shouldn't this stir up the same hornet's nest? Treaties must be ratified by congress. Whether by treaty or law any further infringements should not be tolerated.

Absolutely.....and we need to be ready to sting if any of this comes about...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

grumpyguido

« Reply #52 on: November 06, 2008, 04:29:23 PM »
Got em and gonna keep em.
MSG, USA, RET

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #53 on: November 07, 2008, 10:52:06 AM »
At this point, I'm not too worried about my "retirement" ;)
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #54 on: November 07, 2008, 11:02:24 AM »
I think you're wrong, Don't Care.

We've got Heller protecting something like that.  We've got state Constitutions protecting something like that.

I don't put a lot of faith in state constitutions. Heller will, of necessity, require the Congress to respect it if they try to pass any sweeping new gun laws, but the states? My state's constitution has a 2nd Amendment-type clause in it that's even stronger and more explicit than the 2A ... and yet in my state it is not possible to purchase a handgun without a permission slip from the state, or a carry permit. And it is not legal to carry a handgun -- open OR concealed -- without a permit. The laws are clearly unconstitutional under the state constitution, but the problem is testing it requires that someone be arrested and convicted so they have legal standing to appeal, and who wants to be the test case? Especially with an overwhelmingly liberal state supreme court that would more than likely twist the clear language of the constitution to support the laws rather than the original intent of the constitution.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #55 on: November 07, 2008, 11:50:04 AM »
Okay, I've about had it with some of you folks  :mad:

Just what the hell makes you think that it's all going to stop with gun confiscations ???

You might be going back to your Hot Shower and SUV and fancy Coffee for a little while, but once your guns are gone they will be coming back to take you away for "re-education" or whatever else they will be calling it.  :police:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #56 on: November 07, 2008, 11:53:10 AM »
Okay, I've about had it with some of you folks  :mad:

Just what the hell makes you think that it's all going to stop with gun confiscations ???

You might be going back to your Hot Shower and SUV and fancy Coffee for a little while, but once your guns are gone they will be coming back to take you away for "re-education" or whatever else they will be calling it.  :police:

Be realistic. People don't eject out of a plane that seems to be flying level, departing a warm cabin violently into a cold storm, unless there's a very good reason to.

People are not going to give up their entire family, property and lives for the contents of a safe.

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #57 on: November 07, 2008, 12:16:17 PM »

People are not going to give up their entire family, property and lives for the contents of a safe.

Something to think about....only 20-30% of the American colonists actually FOUGHT the British  in the Revolutionary War....and fewer than that many Americans participated in the civil rights movement...most stayed in the comfort of their homes...and you know how those turned out....

While not many will fight, the ones that will can make a lot of fuss for the establishment...

...watching what happens could be interesting....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #58 on: November 07, 2008, 12:31:08 PM »

You're going to be giving up all that anyway - sooner or later - once that safe is empty.

Unless, of course, you don't think exercising your First Amendment rights is worth the effort/risk either ...  :rolleyes:

It ain't just about chunks of machined metal.

Well, I guess I know now what course others will take ... :(

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #59 on: November 07, 2008, 12:48:27 PM »
I think some people have watched "Red Dawn" too many times.  :rolleyes:

Fight in the courts.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #60 on: November 07, 2008, 01:23:52 PM »

Never even seen it.

Don't care

« Reply #61 on: November 08, 2008, 02:33:03 PM »

freedom lover

• resident high school student
  • "Who is the Coon?"
« Reply #62 on: November 08, 2008, 02:44:36 PM »

Fight in the courts.

That's so true. We could never beat a great military power in the long run. And that, my friends, is why we must fight now, through legal activism; before it gets so bad that we have to use guns.

Lennyjoe

• friend
« Reply #63 on: November 08, 2008, 05:35:28 PM »
I watched Red Dawn twice this weekend.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #64 on: November 08, 2008, 06:17:57 PM »
That's so true. We could never beat a great military power in the long run. And that, my friends, is why we must fight now, through legal activism; before it gets so bad that we have to use guns.

Some people thought that about the Redcoats in 1776.

We should exhaust legal (court) remedies first.  I have little hope of it being successful after Obamarx gets his judges in ... but we need to exhaust legal recourse before we turn elsewhere.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Bigjake

• friend
« Reply #65 on: November 08, 2008, 06:31:26 PM »
Nobody is advocating going toe to toe with the U.S. Military.  Politicians OTOH, would be more than fair game.

Zed

« Reply #66 on: November 08, 2008, 06:41:02 PM »
We should exhaust legal (court) remedies first.  I have little hope of it being successful after Obamarx gets his judges in ... but we need to exhaust legal recourse before we turn elsewhere.

Haven't we Already?
Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you would have peace, prepare for war.)

seeker_two

• friend
« Reply #67 on: November 08, 2008, 09:25:45 PM »

I agree....but, when you've seen a gov't ignore the law and legal rulings for so long.....hope fades fast....  =(

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #68 on: November 08, 2008, 10:32:57 PM »
Well well WELL...

http://change.gov/agenda/urbanpolicy/

"The page you requested is not available right now."

Did someone notice that it spilled the beans?

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #69 on: November 08, 2008, 11:01:59 PM »
Well well WELL...

That's a little odd.  If it comes back up without the AWB II section, I'll be officially creeped out.  In a "time to buy more hardware" kind of way.  Wonder when they will start to try to close the "NFA loophole" and get rid of the NFA toys...

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #70 on: November 08, 2008, 11:30:37 PM »
There's nothing under the "Agenda" section, except these two paragraphs, unless I'm mistaken...

The Agenda

President-Elect Obama and Vice President-Elect Biden have developed innovative approaches to challenge the status quo in Washington and to bring about the kind of change America needs.

The Obama Administration has a comprehensive and detailed agenda to carry out its policies. The principal priorities of the Obama Administration include: a plan to revive the economy, to fix our health care, education, and social security systems, to define a clear path to energy independence, to end the war in Iraq responsibly and finish our mission in Afghanistan, and to work with our allies to prevent Iran from developing a nuclear weapon, among many other domestic and foreign policy objective

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Manedwolf

• friend
« Reply #71 on: November 08, 2008, 11:37:26 PM »
There's nothing under the "Agenda" section, except these two paragraphs, unless I'm mistaken...

There was till today!

Zed

« Reply #72 on: November 09, 2008, 04:20:21 AM »
Well well WELL...

Here is what it did say.

Address Gun Violence in Cities:  As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment, which restricts the ability of local law enforcement to access important gun trace information, and give police officers across the nation the tools they need to solve gun crimes and fight the illegal arms trade. Obama and Biden also favor commonsense measures that respect the Second Amendment rights of gun owners, while keeping guns away from children and from criminals who shouldn't have them. They support closing the gun show loophole and making guns in this country childproof. They also support making the expired federal Assault Weapons Ban permanent, as such weapons belong on foreign battlefields and not on our streets.
Si vis pacem, para bellum. (If you would have peace, prepare for war.)

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #73 on: November 09, 2008, 04:35:15 AM »
Be realistic. People don't eject out of a plane that seems to be flying level, departing a warm cabin violently into a cold storm, unless there's a very good reason to.

Why is it people think there are two alternatives only  - only 'going on as before' or 'violent uprising'?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

taurusowner

« Reply #74 on: November 09, 2008, 05:23:21 AM »
Probably because human being have a natural aversion to upsets in the status quo, and tend to ignore and discount anything but the most obvious changes.  The whole "frog in boiling water."  People don't want to feel the water getting hotter.