Author Topic: I HATE PLUMBING!  (Read 3739 times)

Jim147

• friends
I HATE PLUMBING!
« on: February 05, 2010, 12:27:00 PM »
I just had to get that out. Now back under the sink.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

Nick1911

• Administrator
Re: I HATE PLUMBING!
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2010, 01:03:56 PM »
You could put in an outhouse.  :angel:

Problem solved!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2010, 01:04:45 PM »
If he is under the sink I don't think that is the problem.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2010, 01:19:04 PM »
If he is under the sink I don't think that is the problem.

Maybe he's under the sink because that became the problem. ;)

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2010, 01:22:12 PM »
I have an outhouse. =D

I just can't seem to get anyone to us it. They like this thing called modern plumbing. ;/

jim

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2010, 01:36:23 PM »
I have an outhouse.

I just can't seem to get anyone to us it. They like this thing called modern plumbing.

jim

It will get used if you ever lose your water supply for a few days.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #6 on: February 05, 2010, 01:45:20 PM »
It will get used if you ever lose your water supply for a few days.

Last time we lost water I had to switch back over to the well pump. If we don't have that option a five gallon bucket from the pond will make the stool flush.

jim

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #7 on: February 05, 2010, 01:53:12 PM »
If we don't have that option a five gallon bucket from the pond will make the stool flush.

Well, there's your problem. You're not supposed to try to flush furniture down the toilet.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #8 on: February 05, 2010, 02:45:05 PM »
I concur, I'd rather do anything else then work on plumbing.  However with 2 women in the house there is a least one plumbing related incident 4-5 times per year.  *sigh* =| :mad: =|
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #9 on: February 05, 2010, 03:09:11 PM »
Plumbing is done. I had some lunch. And now the mess is cleaned up.

It's 5:00 somewhere.

jim

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #10 on: February 05, 2010, 03:48:45 PM »
However with 2 women in the house there is a least one plumbing related incident 4-5 times per year.

I learned that very soon after moving in with my wife. She started to learn to cook, and one of her first from-scratch meals was chicken soup. She bought a whole chicken, carved the meat from it, and then tried to flush the intact skeleton down the toilet. I was snaking forever.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #11 on: February 05, 2010, 04:15:00 PM »
You could put in an outhouse.  :angel:

Problem solved!

40 acres of woods - who needs an outhouse?  :P

Oh, and the dogs can worsh the dishes.  :lol:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2010, 05:08:32 PM »
we rented a couple years before we bought a place.  while renting i explained the rules of septic systems to my wife and she did great with the few rules.  we buy our own plqace.  first week i find a huge wad of paper towels in the toilet. i give here the wtf? at volume.  her "reason"?  one of the dogs got sick.  i asked why after all those years of taking good care of someone elses septic she would not do the same with ours and i got the "i don't know" look
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2010, 05:27:07 PM »
I don't even want to talk about septic right now.

I have a new system on the spring plan, just not on the spring budget.

And then I still have to finish the one for the cabin. I just drop a holding tank in the hole to get it by till spring.

jim

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2010, 07:41:59 PM »
About 10 years ago I had a problem with my septic system, lateral lines got clogged at the first distribution junction. It was a foul and nasty job to dig it out and clear the glog and get the system flowing again.
It was clogged with feminine hygiene products. I saved the offending materials and returned them to my wife and daughter.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2010, 09:16:26 AM »
$25,000 later and the septic system works just fine...  :'(
Avoid cliches like the plague!

neviander

« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2010, 09:30:53 AM »
Sometime in the fall a pipe burst under my house...now that was a galvanized pipe splicing muddy mess.  I also gave myself a crash course in "sweating" copper, also not fun.  Plumbers earn their rates.
"be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves."

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2010, 09:41:36 AM »
If you stack Legos six high, they'll jam in the bend of a toliet.  The only way to remove them is to break the porcelain.

I won't even get into how much hair I've removed from tub and sink drains.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2010, 12:38:01 PM »
Zip Strip is awesome. 
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2010, 01:01:31 PM »
One of my investors had a tenant who insisted on pouring grease down the kitchen sink, then calling and screaming that the house was crap because the drains were clogged.  After the second time he started billing the tenant for the cleanout service plus a 15% "Servicing Fee" (he really wanted to line-item it as a "Stupid Tax").  The dipstick tenant actually did it a couple more times before getting the drift that pouring grease in an old coffee can was a bit more financially prudent. 

The same tenant was so goofy she pulled a major boner when they wouldn't let her out of the lease "just because".  She hauled butt in the middle of the night, thinking she was pulling a fast one.  Problem for her was she left a few things around the house, one of which was a small box in the closet containing some extremely nice jewelry and small gold coins.  Several thousand dollars worth (in today's market it would have been over ten grand).  She never claimed it.

As for plumbing, well... I can take it or leave it.  The last plumbing PITA I had to deal with was draining Kathy's water heater.  There was so much crap in it that there was even a trickle out of the valve.  It was 100% blocked.  I eventually had to remove it, leaving the tank connection open, and run a wire up into the drain to break the accumulated crud loose.  Even that wasn't working until I did it with the unit under pressure.  When it finally let go it literally exploded out the pipe, peppering me and everything in site with crap-filled water.  At least it was warm.  When done I filled two gallon buckets level full with the stuff that came out.  I also installed a full flow ball valve so I (hopefully) don't have to do the poke-and-jump drain valve clearing method again.

Brad
« Last Edit: February 06, 2010, 01:13:46 PM by Brad Johnson »
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #20 on: February 06, 2010, 05:24:17 PM »
Brad's story reminds me of one of my own. I'll try to be brief.

At one of our parties at the last flat in which we lived, we warned the people downstairs that there would be a lot of people and noise, so they left for the evening.

My wife and friends were making snacks in the kitchen, and managed to clog the drain. A friend of mine plunged the drain, and everything was working fine, or so we thought.

When the downstairs neighbors came home, they saw water running out of their flat under the entry door even before they got inside. My friend had plunged the blockage below the level of the neighbors' drain, and all of the water we were running was backing up from there and overflowing his sin, flooding their kitchen and hall.

Brad Johnson

• friend
  • Witty, charming, handsome, and completely insane.
« Reply #21 on: February 06, 2010, 05:33:08 PM »
and overflowing his sin,

And, as we all know, overflowing sins can be really, really bad...  :laugh:

Brad
It's all about the pancakes, people.
"And he thought cops wouldn't chase... a STOLEN DONUT TRUCK???? That would be like Willie Nelson ignoring a pickup full of weed."
-HankB

Gewehr98

• friend
  • Yee-haa!
    • Neural Misfires (Blog)
« Reply #22 on: February 06, 2010, 06:20:47 PM »
Eww.  Icky sin!

Fistful, stay out of this thread if you know what's good for you...   :P
"Bother", said Pooh, as he chambered another round...

http://neuralmisfires.blogspot.com

"Never squat with your spurs on!"

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #23 on: February 06, 2010, 06:27:29 PM »
there was a guy on another forum who took on restoring a real old house.  like older than the usa.  he had finished much of it including all the hardwood floors.he came home one nite to find water coming under the front door and down his steps.  the neighbors were gutting their place.  no heat and some pipes in the common wall burst

my worst was having the flex line on an ice machine ctrack and ruin all the paper on the floor of the print shop next door. insurance paid big
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Desertdog

• friends
« Reply #24 on: February 06, 2010, 07:27:01 PM »
my worst was having the flex line on an ice machine ctrack and ruin all the paper on the floor of the print shop next door. insurance paid big
Did somebody learn not to store paper on the floor?