Author Topic: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site  (Read 102891 times)

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Obama Strongly Backs Islam Center Near 9/11 Site
« Reply #175 on: August 19, 2010, 01:39:10 PM »
As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, Greg Gutfeld and his investors are moving forward with opening of the gay bar that will be Muslim gay friendly next to the Mosque. The Mosque builders are already upset about this. Why?

Heck, I'll donate some money to that bar and its security folks. 
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #176 on: August 19, 2010, 01:52:36 PM »
As I mentioned in my first post in this thread, Greg Gutfeld and his investors are moving forward with opening of the gay bar that will be Muslim gay friendly next to the Mosque. The Mosque builders are already upset about this. Why?

Outstanding! Didn't take long for someone to start serving them a bit of their own medicine.

"We don't care what the locals think, we're gonna build it here 'for peace and understanding' whether they like it or not, but nobody else better build something nearby that we disagree with!"

I'm with Rev, who do I donate to?  :lol:

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #177 on: August 19, 2010, 01:56:48 PM »
At what point were you granted the power of arbiter?  i missed the memo or we must move in different circles and missed that meeting.

I have opinions.  Like you.  Difference is mine are backed by something, Cassandra.  Yeah, you missed the memo; in fact you've missed a lot of memos.  If you don't like what I have to say, well, tough.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #178 on: August 19, 2010, 01:57:12 PM »
I'm sure everyone remembers the NRA paring back to only essential meetings at its 1999 convention in Denver following Columbine. The NRA wasn't responsible for the Columbine shootings (although many anti's tried to say we were), nor did the NRA represent in any way the Columbine shooters. Yet the NRA, aware of public opinion, all but cancelled the convention.

What if the NRA had planned to build something like the Whitfield Center in Littleton? Would there have been a public outcry? Would the NRA have picked another location? I think everyone here knows the answer.

And maybe that would be the wrong away to go. But that is a completely different debate, no?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #179 on: August 19, 2010, 02:08:36 PM »

Current working bar name:
Dialog
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #180 on: August 19, 2010, 02:10:21 PM »
Rush was suggesting names of the bar earlier this week  I think Al Gay-da was one of the suggestions.   =D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #181 on: August 19, 2010, 02:15:55 PM »
wanna take bets on which opens first?or at all?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #182 on: August 19, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »
Westboro Baptists vs GZM:
http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/244183/westboro-baptist-s-church-s-religious-freedom-amy-holmes

"Will we hear from left-wing commentators that, out of an abundance of tolerance, we must stand in solidarity with the Westboro Baptist Church (whose position on homosexuality is actually not all that different from fundamentalist Islam’s) in defense of religious freedom? I suspect not."

Hi-larious reading and commentary on the WBC case that that WBC won in feddle court.  I suspect the answer to her questions will be "Nope."

Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #183 on: August 19, 2010, 02:50:43 PM »
In the same way, until The Mosque made them focus the way the Arizona bill did, they didn't know that there were already over two thousand mosques in America, that there are over two hundred in New York.  They didn't know there were so many Muslims in America, and now they're wondering how they got here, who invited them, and, most important, why, even after 9/11.

We have a long, long way to go on both subjects.

I'm surprised we let Muslims live here.  We should put them in camps since they are so dangerous.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #184 on: August 19, 2010, 02:55:08 PM »
yea  camps have a tradition in america
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #185 on: August 19, 2010, 03:02:51 PM »
In the same way, until The Mosque made them focus the way the Arizona bill did, they didn't know that there were already over two thousand mosques in America, that there are over two hundred in New York.  They didn't know there were so many Muslims in America, and now they're wondering how they got here, who invited them, and, most important, why, even after 9/11.

Let's try this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

The presence of people who happen to be Muslim, in and of itself, is not a problem to be 'solved' by policymakers, Federal, state, or local.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #186 on: August 19, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »
I'm surprised we let Muslims live here.  We should put them in camps since they are so dangerous.

It is always those more liberal people who want camps. 

=D
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

taurusowner

« Reply #187 on: August 19, 2010, 05:43:08 PM »
I'm sure everyone remembers the NRA paring back to only essential meetings at its 1999 convention in Denver following Columbine. The NRA wasn't responsible for the Columbine shootings (although many anti's tried to say we were), nor did the NRA represent in any way the Columbine shooters. Yet the NRA, aware of public opinion, all but cancelled the convention.

What if the NRA had planned to build something like the Whitfield Center in Littleton? Would there have been a public outcry? Would the NRA have picked another location? I think everyone here knows the answer.

The mosque and cultural center will stand day after day for decades, and every day be a thumb in the eye of millions of Americans. Surely the people behind building the mosque must know this. They can't be that tone deaf. That begs the question, why are they doing this despite overwhelming and sometimes fierce opposition?

The NRA had already booked the site and spent a great deal of money on the convention long before the shootings took place, and yet they still canceled almost all of the extraneous events and only held the business-related member meetings as a show of understanding to the town.  That situation is nothing like this one, where the mosque builders selected this site after 9/11 and deliberately because of it importance as a site of jihad.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #188 on: August 19, 2010, 06:02:59 PM »
The NRA had already booked the site and spent a great deal of money on the convention long before the shootings took place, and yet they still canceled almost all of the extraneous events and only held the business-related member meetings as a show of understanding to the town.  That situation is nothing like this one, where the mosque builders selected this site after 9/11 and deliberately because of it importance as a site of jihad.

I believe the NRA is legally required to hold a meeting as terms of its incorporation.  I can't remember where I read that, I think it was in one of those "Michael Moore's 'bowling for columbine' is stupid" refutations.  (is refutation a word?)
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.
What does it mean to be an American?  Have you forgotten? | http://youtu.be/0w03tJ3IkrM

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #189 on: August 19, 2010, 06:32:46 PM »
Let's try this:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof..."

The presence of people who happen to be Muslim, in and of itself, is not a problem to be 'solved' by policymakers, Federal, state, or local.

Once again, this has nothing at all to do with the 1st amendment.  The 1A is silent on issues of real estate development.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #190 on: August 19, 2010, 06:41:46 PM »
OK, let's try this:

Nearly 70% of the American public is opposed to building the mosque on the designated site. The percentage is even higher in New York City.

Given such a strong reaction against the proposal, why are those involved with the mosque determined to build it on that spot? Why won't they consider a spot across town or even ten blocks away, but instead insist on that spot?

I'd like to hear an answer from anyone supporting the building of the mosque.

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #191 on: August 19, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »

Given such a strong reaction against the proposal, why are those involved with the mosque determined to build it on that spot? Why won't they consider a spot across town or even ten blocks away, but instead insist on that spot?

Because they're trying to promote understanding and harmony.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #192 on: August 19, 2010, 06:45:10 PM »
Once again, this has nothing at all to do with the 1st amendment.  The 1A is silent on issues of real estate development.

So what is the proper role of government here?  Is it proper for the government to control private property?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #193 on: August 19, 2010, 06:50:24 PM »
OK, let's try this:

Nearly 70% of the American public is opposed to building the mosque shooting range on the designated site. The percentage is even higher in New York City.

Given such a strong reaction against the proposal, why are those involved with the mosque shooting range determined to build it on that spot? Why won't they consider a spot across town or even ten blocks away, but instead insist on that spot?

I'd like to hear an answer from anyone supporting the building of the mosque. shooting range.

Because it's their right. Isn't that enough?  I don't like being bullied.

It's my property, I'm not violating any laws, and i'm going to do what i want with it.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.

taurusowner

« Reply #194 on: August 19, 2010, 06:54:53 PM »

It's my property, I'm not violating any laws, and i'm going to do what i want with it.

It's not a questions of whether they are allowed to.

I'll ask my question yet again.  If the builders of this mosque care as much about harmony and mutual respect and understanding as they claim, why do they refuse to do something that would calm the situation such as move the mosque site? It's about motivations Nitrogen.

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #195 on: August 19, 2010, 07:06:36 PM »
It's not a questions of whether they are allowed to.

I'll ask my question yet again.  If the builders of this mosque care as much about harmony and mutual respect and understanding as they claim, why do they refuse to do something that would calm the situation such as move the mosque site? It's about motivations Nitrogen.

Maybe it;s just close to where they all work, and they'd like a nearby place to pray 7983598324 times a day?
Maybe the fire escapes look good to them?

Christians often place missions in areas hostile to Christianity, in order to spread the word of God.  I know there are Christian missionaries in Saudi Arabia and Pakistan, for instance. I they get caught, they can be executed. Since the Saudis obviously don't want Christians there, why do the missionaries go?

They go because they can have the most impact where they are hated.  They can hopefully show people that hate them that they aren't all bad; it's great bang for their buck.

If I was a Muslim wanting to make a difference, I'd want to place my mosque/mission/whatever in that area PRECISELY because people hate me so much.  I'd hope, through my deeds, I could show that my religion and my people are nowhere near as bad as others think they are.  I'm betting there's an equivalent to Matthew 28:19 ("Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit") in the Koran.

Does your church do missionary work?  Would you go to Saudi Arabia to spread the word, if called to?
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #196 on: August 19, 2010, 07:09:08 PM »

Sure it's your right. But if you state that your intent is to create harmony and understanding by pissing off 70% of the American people, are you telling the truth?

Nitrogen

• friends
  • Who could it be?
    • @c0t0d0s2 / Twitter.
« Reply #197 on: August 19, 2010, 07:10:39 PM »
Sure it's your right. But if you state that your intent is to create harmony and understanding by pissing off 70% of the American people, are you telling the truth?

Absolutely.  See my above post.
יזכר לא עד פעם
Remember. Never Again.

taurusowner

« Reply #198 on: August 19, 2010, 07:13:36 PM »
So can I set up a church in Mecca or Medina?

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #199 on: August 19, 2010, 07:14:43 PM »
So what is the proper role of government here?  Is it proper for the government to control private property?
Reasonable city planning is a proper role of local government, especially in dense urban areas.