Author Topic: The First Word in Bacon is pronounced "Bake"  (Read 28304 times)

Jim147

• friends
Re: The First Word in Bacon is pronounced "Bake"
« Reply #100 on: November 06, 2011, 12:16:21 AM »
You raised the pig on bread?  :P

If it makes it taste better, I'll try it.

The bread recipe does sound interesting.

jim
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #101 on: November 06, 2011, 09:05:30 PM »
Here is what I started with.
Good place to start the experimenting.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/homemade-bread-zm0z10zsto.aspx
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #102 on: November 06, 2011, 09:13:23 PM »
Here is what I started with.
Good place to start the experimenting.
http://www.motherearthnews.com/real-food/homemade-bread-zm0z10zsto.aspx

My dad used to get the Mother Earth News.  Loved that mag.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #103 on: November 06, 2011, 11:21:39 PM »
I've got a subscription to Mother Earth News. Tons of great info but I have to sometimes overlook the lefty green slant of some of the articles and editorials. 
Handpicking bugs off your vegetable plants is certainly environmentally friendly but when you have over 100 tomato plants you have to do a cost/benefit analysis.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #104 on: November 06, 2011, 11:30:40 PM »
I've got a subscription to Mother Earth News. Tons of great info but I have to sometimes overlook the lefty green slant of some of the articles and editorials. 
Handpicking bugs off your vegetable plants is certainly environmentally friendly but when you have over 100 tomato plants you have to do a cost/benefit analysis.

Yes it does get too much tree huggery at times.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #105 on: November 07, 2011, 12:19:12 AM »
My dad used to get the Mother Earth News.  Loved that mag.

My Dad had a big stack of those I would flip through as a kid.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2011, 07:07:28 PM »
Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning and had the best omelet.

It was an bacon omelet.  Can't remember the name it is given but it contains 6 slices of crispy bacon and cheese.  Yummy. =D

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2011, 07:16:11 PM »
^^^ I think it is called 'The Artery Clogger'.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #108 on: November 15, 2011, 01:03:48 PM »
Death by delicious?
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #109 on: November 15, 2011, 02:01:10 PM »
I had the "JJBLT" at Jimmy John's today.

I approve.

Though it should have twice the bacon.

And then when it has twice the bacon, there's room for twice the bacon again. 

Come to think of it, there's always room for double the bacon, even on a plate full of bacon.

I guess I refuse to say that it had adequate bacon simply out of hopes that there will always be more bacon, though I was pleased to have a BLT for lunch.  I have feasted on bacon for lunch, making the rest of the day good by default.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #110 on: November 15, 2011, 02:19:55 PM »
Just got back from the store.  Bought 3lbs of bacon.  Can't wait.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #111 on: November 15, 2011, 07:45:10 PM »
Went to IHOP for breakfast this morning and had the best omelet.

It was an bacon omelet.  Can't remember the name it is given but it contains 6 slices of crispy bacon and cheese.  Yummy. =D

http://www.ihop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=228&Itemid=2

Quote from: IHOP
Bacon Temptation Omelette  Loaded with six strips of crispy bacon, a rich cheese sauce, Jack and Cheddar cheeses and diced tomatoes.

Had it.....loved it.....loved the Country Omelette too....best served with a side of blueberry pancakes....at 7pm for dinner....  =D
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #112 on: November 15, 2011, 07:49:20 PM »
http://www.ihop.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=228&Itemid=2

Had it.....loved it.....loved the Country Omelette too....best served with a side of blueberry pancakes....at 7pm for dinner....  =D

Had me right up to the blueberry pancakes.  I have only had one thing that had anything to do with blueberries in it that I liked and it was a micro brew I had up in Minnesota.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #113 on: November 22, 2011, 09:00:12 AM »
"Meat" Thelma and Louise.
Next years bacon.(and sausage, roast, ham, chops, ribs...)

I'll probably have one processed at about 150 lbs and just have it quartered out for cooking on the smoker.

Samuel Adams

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #114 on: November 22, 2011, 09:01:56 AM »
Had me right up to the blueberry pancakes.  I have only had one thing that had anything to do with blueberries in it that I liked and it was a micro brew I had up in Minnesota.

I planted 110 blueberry plants last weekend. Oh well, more for me.

Samuel Adams