Author Topic: For all of you Mila Kunis fans...  (Read 8276 times)

T.O.M.

• friend
For all of you Mila Kunis fans...
« on: July 11, 2011, 02:58:43 PM »
looks like you may have another reason to watch her without guilt.  She has accepted an invitation from a Marine to the Marine Ball in the fall...

http://scoop.today.com/_news/2011/07/11/7060254-kunis-accepts-marines-invite-to-ball

He posted a video on Youtube (included in the link), and she accepted.  yeah, I know, it's for PR, but it's giving one Jarhead (said with the respect of an ex-grunt) a reason to smile.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
Re: For all of you Mila Kunis fans...
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2011, 03:28:12 PM »
If I were a multimillionaire, I'd donate one million dollars to the charity of her choosing if she went on that date dressed as "Meg" from "Family Guy". Hair bobbed, the knit hat, glasses, everything.

Marines love shenanigans. I read that on the Internet somewhere, so it must be true.  =D
I promise not to duck.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2011, 04:55:03 PM »
The Marine Corps Ball on November 18th? :facepalm:

That's a freaking week late!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :facepalm:

What has happened to Jamis' beloved Marine Corps, to Gunny Hartman's beloved Marine Corps, and the Uncle Sam's Misguided Children I remember so fondly?

Next thing you know they will be using some sort of Martha Stewart cake-cutter thingy http://images-partners-tbn.google.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ4u1yx5zqE88AmZSazuf3N4hDEQiaG51fGOLfFykHpzsz3WNXYk-dmCg to divvy up portions of the Birthday Cake.

Anybody besides me remember the order of who gets served cake?  First correct answer gets two Atta-Boys out of petty cash.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2011, 05:47:25 PM »
Anybody besides me remember the order of who gets served cake?
Last I knew Marines didn't eat that ****.  ;)
Avoid cliches like the plague!

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2011, 06:21:35 PM »
It's been a while since JROTC, but isn't it: Guest of Honor, Oldest Marine Present, Youngest Marine Present?

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2011, 06:25:16 PM »
It's been a while since JROTC, but isn't it: Guest of Honor, Oldest Marine Present, Youngest Marine Present?

Do you guys used the pink tea set, or the yellow one with the flowers?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2011, 06:32:15 PM »
Easy there, Fistful.

I recovered from JROTC and joined the Army.  You know, the branch of the military that isn't so ugly they hide it on ships.  >:D

My instructor was a Marine though, and we had birthday celebrations every year in High school.

(If they do use pink tea sets however, it's your fault)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2011, 08:46:14 PM »
Will you guys stop talking about tea sets and get back to talking about Mila Kunis!?! This is unacceptable thread veer, even for APS.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2011, 09:06:33 PM »
Only ever saw her act in the Book of Eli.  I'm still not sure what the rest of the movie involved.
Formerly sumpnz

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2011, 09:19:04 PM »
Only ever saw her act in the Book of Eli.  I'm still not sure what the rest of the movie involved.

It also involved a blind Jennifer Beals.
Oooooh, the possibilities!
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2011, 09:24:23 PM »
Last I knew Marines didn't eat that ****.  ;)

It's not about eating the cake but about being served a piece of cake.

Tradition and Espirit de Corps.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2011, 09:25:57 PM »

Go get your "Atta Boy"!.

Want to go for double or nothing?  What is the order after those?

Bonus points for naming who does the serving.

stay safe.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2011, 09:28:22 PM »
Do you guys used the pink tea set, or the yellow one with the flowers?

Actually, beverages are seved in wooden tankards, or if using the "modern" service pewter tankards with engraving describing the event, date, location, etc.

"Real Marines" get their cake on messhall trays with messkit forks are and glad to get any.

stay safe.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2011, 09:28:36 PM »

Bonus points for naming who does the serving.
The Commandant of the Marine Corps? I think that's James Amos these days.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #14 on: July 11, 2011, 09:30:08 PM »
The Commandant of the Marine Corps? I think that's James Amos these days.

Only if you are at 8th & Eye.  Otherwise it's the facility commanding officer, using his Mamaluke saber.

No takes on the order following the first three pieces?

stay safe.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #15 on: July 11, 2011, 11:02:23 PM »
Enough bickering between the forces. What about Mila?

280plus

• friend
« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2011, 05:30:58 AM »
It's not about eating the cake but about being served a piece of cake.

Tradition and Espirit de Corps.

stay safe.
I'd make some wise ass Navy vs Marine crack but I'm too busy looking at Mila right now ...  [popcorn]

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2011, 05:51:52 AM »
No takes on the order following the first three pieces?

Depends on whether EOD's prank involves small shaped charges or just whatever they had laying around ;)

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2011, 08:49:29 AM »
Fox News is saying that she has backed out.  http://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/2011/07/14/is-mila-kunis-bailing-on-date-with-marine-to-corps-ball/

On the other hand, some BAM is coming out of the closet as a boy-toy pedobear. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/07/now_marines_are_asking_justin.html

Ya know, the whole thing does not matter to me any way you look at it.  Seems the Marines can't even get some place booked on the actual correct right and proper date, any how.  Tell me I can't have a party on my real birthday but have to wait till the weekend or whenever so it is a better fit for the grownups' schedule and I don't care if they move Chucky Cheese to Disney World at Seven Flags Over The Chicken Ranch and that's where the party will be held.

stay safe.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2011, 09:16:26 AM »
You never know why they couldn't get anything booked for the night of.  That unit might be on maneuvers of some kind, or on duty of some kind.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #20 on: July 14, 2011, 09:57:52 AM »
On the other hand, some BAM is coming out of the closet as a boy-toy pedobear. http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2011/07/now_marines_are_asking_justin.html

I'm missing something here.  A grown woman asked a grown man for a date. Where does the boy-toy pedobear come into this?

280plus

• friend
« Reply #21 on: July 14, 2011, 12:44:27 PM »
Yo, yo yo Justin...  ;/

:laugh:

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #22 on: July 14, 2011, 12:58:20 PM »
You never know why they couldn't get anything booked for the night of.  That unit might be on maneuvers of some kind, or on duty of some kind.

Jamis -

When, besides when the First Sergeant/Sergeant Major had your butthole in his sights, did any unit not already deployed or on specific stand-by ever, ever, ever schedule anything to conflict with the Marine Corps Birthday?

And what makes you think they wait till now to see about booking a room?  That's usually done three or more years out, with a place or two on stand-by in case of fire, flood or zombie apocalypse outbreak.  At least that was how "my" Old Corps did things.  Lord knows what you youngsters have done to the place since they threw me out in 1971.

stay safe.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #23 on: July 14, 2011, 04:01:08 PM »
I'm missing something here.  A grown woman asked a grown man for a date. Where does the boy-toy pedobear come into this?

I'm confused here, too.....because I'd expect any Marine to have a little more taste than to date Timberlake....  [barf]
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #24 on: July 14, 2011, 05:20:21 PM »
I'm confused here, too.....because I'd expect any Marine to have a little more taste than to date Timberlake....  [barf]

I wouldn't, that's about their speed. 
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.