Author Topic: So, what's for dinner?  (Read 6220 times)

P5 Guy

Re: So, what's for dinner?
« Reply #25 on: September 19, 2011, 11:48:13 AM »
Hot Italian sausage, pasta and tomato gravy with green and black olives. Couple slices of Italian bread to get the gravy that didn't stick to the pasta. Glass or two of red wine, depends on how spicy the sausages are.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2011, 07:49:35 PM »
Hungry but don't feel like cooking. Looks like a couple chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk. It's good to be a grown up but it would be better if there was someone around here to cook for me. :(
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
C'mon over! Making a pot of cioppino, heavy on the shrimp and clams. =D
"A son of the sea, am I" Gordon Lightfoot

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 19, 2011, 08:08:43 PM »
Be there in ... oh well. Sounds delicious! Enjoy!
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #29 on: September 19, 2011, 08:17:56 PM »
Hungry but don't feel like cooking. Looks like a couple chocolate chip cookies and a glass of milk. It's good to be a grown up but it would be better if there was someone around here to cook for me. :(

How soon before Dumb ass (tm) gets back and you can chain him to the stove ?
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2011, 08:27:34 PM »
Be there in ... oh well. Sounds delicious! Enjoy!
:cool:

MrsSmith

• friend
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2011, 08:43:45 PM »
How soon before Dumb ass (tm) gets back and you can chain him to the stove ?

Boy can't cook. He bought shrimp (at the store, first big no-no in a shrimping community), then added vinegar to the Old Bay seasoning. In addition to just being wrong he stunk up the house for three days. Another time he made pork chops. Took them out of the package, put them in a skillet, when they turned white, he took them out. No seasoning, nothing. I was kind of hoping they weren't cooked sufficiently and he'd get some sort of parasite. I already told you about his purchase of inferior bacon. There were several other instances as well. I do NOT eat anything he's prepared. No.

Cookies and milk.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »
Cookies and milk.

Homemade, I hope..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=liYZgZyPSXA

....I would say NSFW....but I figure y'all know me by now.....

=D

Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

thebaldguy

• friends
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2011, 08:54:55 PM »
Dinner?

Shrimp Diablo with rice, refried beans, and corn tortillas. Good stuff!

grislyatoms

• friends
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2011, 09:17:41 PM »
Boy can't cook. He bought shrimp (at the store, first big no-no in a shrimping community), then added vinegar to the Old Bay seasoning. In addition to just being wrong he stunk up the house for three days. Another time he made pork chops. Took them out of the package, put them in a skillet, when they turned white, he took them out. No seasoning, nothing. I was kind of hoping they weren't cooked sufficiently and he'd get some sort of parasite. I already told you about his purchase of inferior bacon. There were several other instances as well. I do NOT eat anything he's prepared. No.

Cookies and milk.
Nothing wrong with shrimp boiled in a light vinegar solution w/ Old Bay. That's only if there is no beer around to boil them in.  =D

P5 Guy

« Reply #35 on: September 20, 2011, 08:20:41 PM »
just a simple meal, soup and sandwich. Cream of Mushroom and PorkRoll and cheese on a french bread roll.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #36 on: September 20, 2011, 09:37:08 PM »
Since I'm going to live.  I'm having Taco's.

:P ;)

I'm having chicken tacos.  That are awesome.  And beer.  Plenty of beer.  Have six gallons of wine as a standby.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2011, 09:43:21 PM »
More sushi tonight.  This time in Minneapolis.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2011, 09:52:49 PM »
Subway.
Tried the new pulled pork. Not bad for fast food fare but nothing to rave about.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams