Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 72461 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Re: Walking dead season three, life on the farm.
« Reply #175 on: February 27, 2012, 12:32:55 PM »
Yeah, we're pondering real life scenarios and impacts, here.  ;/
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #176 on: February 27, 2012, 12:33:56 PM »
That fact escaped my attention. [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #177 on: February 27, 2012, 12:51:56 PM »
ORLY?

=D
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #178 on: February 27, 2012, 12:57:21 PM »
Yea, that would be a plot saving move indeed.

I find it hard to buy the fact that Zombie scent becomes so much more acute (for blood).
Unless they are developing millions more scent receptors in their nose, it ain't happening.

Makes good TV, though.

Long term zombification requires suspension of belief.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #179 on: February 27, 2012, 01:02:41 PM »
Who is "zoey."

Its a familiar reference, but I'm just not coming up with it.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #180 on: February 27, 2012, 01:04:57 PM »
Firefly warrior woman.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #181 on: February 27, 2012, 01:23:35 PM »
Firefly warrior woman.

No, her name is Zoe. Means life. In the Greek.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

grampster

• friend
« Reply #182 on: February 27, 2012, 01:46:54 PM »
Shut up Mabs.

Now you've gone and done it, Fistsful.
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #183 on: February 27, 2012, 02:03:04 PM »
No, her name is Zoe. Means life. In the Greek.

How is my response incorrect in context?  ???
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2012, 02:19:39 PM »
Yea, that would be a plot saving move indeed.

I find it hard to buy the fact that Zombie scent becomes so much more acute (for blood).
Unless they are developing millions more scent receptors in their nose, it ain't happening.

Makes good TV, though.
Could be that their senses, what's left of them, are simply focused on a few things that represents "living humans". Fresh blood, smoke, gun shots, music, laughter, engines...
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2012, 03:36:21 PM »
Nothing, but nothing, beats the Rosie O'Donnell / Burt Reynolds scenes from Dawn of the Dead!.  =D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=42DM_OcX1Gc
« Last Edit: February 27, 2012, 03:39:43 PM by Jamie B »
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #186 on: February 28, 2012, 11:05:24 AM »
Several months into the Zombie Apocalypse and this band of survivors is yet to rediscover pointy stick technology.  Sure knifing them in the head saves ammo, but that gets your hand really close to the zombie mouth and the post stabby spray of surely infectious zombie blood.  Pointy stick... And come on, arrows... They see Dale doing it... are they that dense?  A much better option. 

I also think there should be a general de-zombification effort.  See a zombie, go stab it with the pointy stick.  That is a zombie that won't be wandering into camp later.  Less zombies, less zombie mobs, less zombie surprises. 

And the whole cutting yourself to lay a spot of blood as zombie focus... Aside from the whole open cuts, zombie blood, infection problem... What about regular infections?  I hope the scenes of them then putting on neosporin and band aids was just cut for time constraint reasons. 

And anyone else think headphones at full blast is a bit cruel and torturery?  And then despite the kid having his ears assaulted, for their Important Talk, they step out of the car and walk off a good distance.  Drama rules in this zombie dystopia. 
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #187 on: February 28, 2012, 01:47:34 PM »
I've said other places that if I were in some sort of situation like this, my preferred close in weapon would be a Japanese Katana or Naginata. Relatively silent, effective, and an arms reach kind of weapon.

Firearm choice?

Easy. A .22. Something like a Ruger 10/22 with a bunch of high-cap magazines. Relatively quiet, which is a huge benefit, when the zombies are drawn by sound, not much kick so very fast recovery time, fairly easy to suppress by do it yourself means, and will do more than enough damage to the brain to stop a zombie.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #188 on: February 28, 2012, 03:46:17 PM »
I've said other places that if I were in some sort of situation like this, my preferred close in weapon would be a Japanese Katana or Naginata. Relatively silent, effective, and an arms reach kind of weapon.

Firearm choice?

Easy. A .22. Something like a Ruger 10/22 with a bunch of high-cap magazines. Relatively quiet, which is a huge benefit, when the zombies are drawn by sound, not much kick so very fast recovery time, fairly easy to suppress by do it yourself means, and will do more than enough damage to the brain to stop a zombie.

Careful, I've heard the swords can tend to get stuck in skulls.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #189 on: February 29, 2012, 01:25:36 AM »
I've tried watching that show.  It's really sort of boring and stupid.  All the characters do is whine and argue and once in awhile a rotting corpse staggers by. [popcorn]

Just sayin'

The gun handling is a bit better then other shows that prominently feature guns, when shot on WD zombies and people simply fall down - not fly through the air, a particularly good example was shooting zombie Sophie.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #190 on: February 29, 2012, 07:29:06 AM »
"swords can get stuck in skulls"

I'll take my chances with a katana over what those ass clowns were using in last week's show.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #191 on: February 29, 2012, 08:16:38 AM »
"swords can get stuck in skulls"

I'll take my chances with a katana over what those ass clowns were using in last week's show.
What!? You don't like those tiny little pocket knives?  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #192 on: February 29, 2012, 09:30:06 AM »
Given how easily the knives were going through some of the thickest parts of the skull, I think the show should be renamed "The Walking Cantaloupes."

As for swords and skulls, The Bride showed us just how easily her katana would take the top off Oh Ren Ishi's skull, so I'm not worried in the least.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #193 on: February 29, 2012, 10:13:23 AM »
Thrust to face via proper longsword. End of problem.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #194 on: February 29, 2012, 10:18:41 AM »
As for swords and skulls, The Bride showed us just how easily her katana would take the top off Oh Ren Ishi's skull, so I'm not worried in the least.

I almost reminded you that Kill Bill is fictional and you shouldn't take from a fictional scene potentially life-or-death information about the effectiveness of weaponry . . . and then I remembered that we are talking about killing zombies.

So yeah, go on with the katana, should work well.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #195 on: February 29, 2012, 10:26:25 AM »
Thrust to face via proper longsword. End of problem.

I think were I doing that I'd want a rapier and go for the eyes.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #196 on: February 29, 2012, 10:38:17 AM »
I think were I doing that I'd want a rapier and go for the eyes.
Readily achievable with longsword, in fact really my intended statement, with the added benefit of two cutting edges and better cutting power. That said, the rapier is a formidable weapon.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #197 on: February 29, 2012, 11:42:39 AM »
I'd be worried about the relative size of point/blade vs penetrating power of the long sword.

Something like a star point rapier is well known for being able to punch through fairly heavy bone like ribs and the sternum.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #198 on: February 29, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »

Sharpened to a fine point. 
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #199 on: February 29, 2012, 12:16:15 PM »
How is my response incorrect in context?  ???

Because Ben said Zoey. Surely, no APS moderator could misspell Zoe's name without being fired, right? He must have been thinking of someone else.
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 12:31:19 PM by fistful »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife