Author Topic: Walking dead season 2 tonight  (Read 72086 times)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
Re: Walking dead season 2 tonight
« Reply #125 on: November 29, 2011, 02:28:22 PM »
ya know, a barn full of zeds would be a valuable resource to exploit.
We know head shooting them works, do they keep snapping after decapitation?
What does a lobotomy do? Can they drown? Do they poop?
Fire distracts them. is it the heat or the visuals?
Can you dazzle a zombie's vision with intense light?
Masking human smells would be a good project.
Do they hear or do they sense vibration?

Lets find out what stimulates them and what doesn't.

You might find that covering your head with a patchouli scented towel is the perfect Zed camouflage
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

erictank

• friends
« Reply #126 on: November 29, 2011, 05:43:32 PM »

You might find that covering your head with a patchouli scented towel is the perfect Zed camouflage

They already tested the smell thing back in S1 - Rick and Glenn covered themselves in zombie blood and guts to walk the streets of Atlanta to recover the step-van and get Andrea and the rest of the group back to camp.  The zombies were basically oblivious to them, as long as they didn't talk.

Until it (naturally) started raining and washed away their camoflauge.  Then they ran.  Some of the zombies ran after them, and even climbed the chain link fence to continue pursuit.  The rest of them just piled onto the fence to bring it down.

I thought I remembered they also showed a decapitated zombie retaining head functions until the brain actually took a shot - in the camp outside ATL, wasn't it?

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #127 on: November 29, 2011, 05:55:42 PM »
see, plenty of useful things to test with a barnful of zeds

do they like LudwigVan or the Macrerana?
whats a better masking agent, offal or skunk?
can they be influenced to target dummies?
will they vote? will they float? chase a goat?
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #128 on: November 29, 2011, 07:15:26 PM »

I think the next episode will end up with hundreds of walkers descending on the farm due to the noise of all the gunfire from killing the dozen or so in the barn.

That would be AWESOME! I hope you're right.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

HankB

• friend
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2011, 08:56:02 AM »
That would be AWESOME! I hope you're right.
Especially if Dale had hidden or locked up the guns again.

(I'm rooting for the zombies.)
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend

red headed stranger

• friend
« Reply #131 on: December 01, 2011, 02:34:12 PM »
Damn fine mid-season finale.  I can't wait for the fallout from that when everyone realizes that Hershel knew the whole time.

On the "Talking Dead" show, the creator of comic/series stated that Herschel didn't know because it was Otis who was in charge of wrangling Walkers, and Otis died before being told about the missing Sophia. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

StopTheGrays

• friend
  • bah...
« Reply #132 on: December 01, 2011, 03:41:23 PM »

In the comic book one character not seen in the show had 2 tame zombies. If I remember correctly they were missing their lower jaws and had their arms cut off at the shoulder (maybe missing their eyes and teeth too). She kept them on a short leash and because of their proximity to her other zombies ignored her.
Does any image illustrate so neatly the wrongheadedness of the Obama administration than Americans scrambling in terror from Air Force One?
Just great…Chicago politics has spread to all 57 states.
They told me if I voted for John McCain, my country would look like it is run by people with a disturbing affinity towards fascism. And they were right!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #133 on: February 14, 2012, 12:12:13 AM »
Reviving thread. New episodes have returned. Last night's was not too bad, other than Rick's wife once again proved she's the dullest knife in the drawer.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #134 on: February 14, 2012, 07:39:05 AM »
Rick's wife, what in hades was she thinking? Oh, wait...
My wife heard me yelling at the stupidity in the other room. Otherwise yes, it was a pretty decent episode.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #135 on: February 14, 2012, 07:53:04 AM »
Philly boy's friends will snatch Lori

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2012, 08:34:59 AM »
Ben, with all due respect, that's an insult to knives. She's like the rusty vegetable peeler you keep as a backup in case your OXO breaks. Harold's snatch theory or not, we can look forward to soapish drama over the health of the baby.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

HankB

• friend
« Reply #137 on: February 14, 2012, 08:51:27 AM »
Rick's wife . . .  :facepalm:

(spoilers ahead)

She's upset because her kid said he would have killed Walker Sophia. (Well, what would she have him do? Give Walker Sophia a hug?)

Rick & the oriental guy - forgot his name - go to retrieve the veterinarian . . . but they're not going fast enough, so Rick's wife goes off by herself to find them and hurry them up. (Gee, what could go wrong?) But she doesn't know the way, so she's reading a map while driving . . . (Gee, maybe she needs to keep her eyes on the road?) . . . with entirely predictable results.

Anyone who didn't see the crash coming as soon as she started reading the map while driving must have been asleep.

Parts of this episode show promise - Rick woke up and can do fast draw - and the veterinarian seems to be coming to his senses about the walkers, but the oriental guy isn't very dependable any more (strange for a guy who was surviving in a city full of walkers) and we still have stupid people continuing to do stupid things . . . e.g., Rick's wife.

Let's see what kind of trouble Dale cooks up in future episodes (he's an idiot, but he knows Shane isn't exactly a hero) and whether or not Shane goes completely off the rails.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2012, 09:51:08 AM »
Well, now that the spoilers are out...  :laugh:

I really liked the introduction of the Philly crew. Introducing live, bad humans may copy other works in the genre, but it also adds a bit of excitement beyond shooting shambling dead people in the head. Good on Rick for using his cop skilz and knowing Philly boy #1 was up to something behind the bar, but oriental guy should have had the shotgun aimed in the general direction of fat boy.

One of the best parts of the episode for me was Daryl's "Olive Oyle" comment.  =D

I also agree with Harold that Rick's wife and Philly crew will get to know each other better.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2012, 01:35:21 PM »
Well, now that the spoilers are out...  :laugh:

I really liked the introduction of the Philly crew. Introducing live, bad humans may copy other works in the genre, but it also adds a bit of excitement beyond shooting shambling dead people in the head. Good on Rick for using his cop skilz and knowing Philly boy #1 was up to something behind the bar, but oriental guy should have had the shotgun aimed in the general direction of fat boy.

One of the best parts of the episode for me was Daryl's "Olive Oyle" comment.  =D

I also agree with Harold that Rick's wife and Philly crew will get to know each other better.

Glenn has figured out how not to be zombie food, but he's not the quickest when it comes to human-human interactions. He was furthest behind the power curve in that room.  Rick knew the score pretty quickly, then Hershel.  
No scenes from the next episode?  :facepalm: Gonna check the intertubz and see if they're online.

Jackpot
http://www.amctv.com/the-walking-dead/videos/sneak-peek-episode-209-the-walking-dead-triggerfinger
« Last Edit: February 14, 2012, 01:40:07 PM by JamisJockey »
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

HankB

• friend
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2012, 02:05:09 PM »
No scenes from the next episode?  :facepalm:
They said they were going to have a preview during the first commercial break of Comic Book Men which followed TWD. (I didn't stick around.)

Thanks for the link to the preview . . .

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2012, 04:32:25 PM »
Yea, I'm there with the Asian guy - what a wallflower.

Nice of him to stand there in the bar, looking clueless.

Was that a walker that Rick's wife hit?

It kind of looked like the skinny attitude problem guy.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #142 on: February 15, 2012, 03:56:42 AM »
Regarding Rick's Wife, never have I ever wished so badly for a story character to become a brain-biscuit. You know, I'm all for trying to expand the gene pool that suddenly became a jacuzzi, but in this case a little chlorine is needed.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #143 on: February 17, 2012, 02:04:29 AM »
and she didn't have the gun holstered and on her person, you know the walker she hit will be crawling back to munch, nickle bet she's injured, cant move and the gun is inches out of reach as a walker tries to get in the car.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #144 on: February 17, 2012, 07:14:32 AM »
and she didn't have the gun holstered and on her person, you know the walker she hit will be crawling back to munch, nickle bet she's injured, cant move and the gun is inches out of reach as a walker tries to get in the car.
What!? You really think that naked revolver still won't be lying in the right there in the seat, where it was just before launching the car into the air?  =D
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

HankB

• friend
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2012, 10:48:28 AM »
Regarding Rick's Wife, never have I ever wished so badly for a story character to become a brain-biscuit . . .
The only fictional female TV character I remember disliking more on a show I regularly watched was Fay Furillo on Hill Street Blues.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2012, 01:04:10 PM »
The only fictional female TV character I remember disliking more on a show I regularly watched was Fay Furillo on Hill Street Blues.
Ack! No kidding - it was like her character was from a different series...

The female DA, as I recall was very cool, though.

gunsmith

• friend
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2012, 01:29:36 PM »
 Rick shouldn't be leaving her alone anyway, you know as soon as he's around the corner guys will be lining up saying "you know, your husbands dead right?" ... a very romantic line, I'm not so sure it works very well if you're not in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. ...

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2012, 02:00:47 PM »
I want to predict that the girl who is "in shock" turns out to be infected, especially after her zombie mother attacked her, even though there was no biting.
However, since every single person on the show has witnessed someone turning, it would be extremely stupid of everyone to not see that coming.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2012, 02:23:35 PM »
Rick shouldn't be leaving her alone anyway, you know as soon as he's around the corner guys will be lining up saying "you know, your husbands dead right?" ... a very romantic line, I'm not so sure it works very well if you're not in the middle of a zombie apocalypse. ...
He still doesn't know about the 1st time with his buddy.

I am sure that her baby's real father will drop in the plot soon.

'Course, then there is that pesky little car accident, then roll over....and the unsecured revolver.......

We need more creative walker shooting!  =D