Author Topic: Judge beats daughter with belt NSFW.  (Read 13075 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Judge beats daughter with belt NSFW.
« on: November 03, 2011, 11:46:05 PM »
My humble opinion? This guy is a freaking jerk and needs to receive the same to the tenth power. Sickening.

http://www.nj.com/parenting/guest_bloggers/index.ssf/2011/11/post_26.html
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

coppertales

• friend
Re: Judge beats daughter with belt NSFW.
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2011, 07:04:18 PM »
Nothing new here, just move along......anyone over 50 probably grew up under the "belt" and lived through it........The banning of corporal punishment is something the "me" generation dreamed up..........chris3

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 07:07:49 PM »
This goes beyond the normal boundaries of even legitimate corporal punishment, if there ever was such a thing.

Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 07:11:50 PM »
Nothing new here, just move along......anyone over 50 probably grew up under the "belt" and lived through it........The banning of corporal punishment is something the "me" generation dreamed up..........chris3

Heck.  33 here.  I met the the belt and the switch more than a few times.

The drama here is the girl making a scene.  The belt is loud... but it isn't really doing any harm.  It's a psychological tool that leaves red skin.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 07:12:21 PM »
kid waited till she was 23 and dad took her benz before going public.  belt on legs? that was tame in my youth

a hand would do more damage
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2011, 07:20:37 PM »
kid waited till she was 23 and dad took her benz before going public.

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/45146961/ns/today-today_people/t/daughter-beating-video-why-i-released-it/

“If the public must know, just prior to the YouTube upload, a concerned father shared with his 23-year-old daughter that he was unwilling to continue to work hard and be her primary source of financial support, if she was going to simply ‘drop out’ [from college] and strive to achieve no more in life than to work part time at a video-game store,” said the statement released by Adams’ attorney, William A. Dudley.

“Hillary warned her father if he reduced her financial support, and took away her Mercedes automobile, which her father had provided, he would live to regret it. The post was then uploaded.”

When I first heard the story, my first thought was "Daddy cut his little princess off".  Nice to see that I'm still right....  =D

Daddy overreacted with the belt....but didn't do a lot of good parenting in the first formative years, either....hence, he raised another future welfare princess....  :facepalm:

....and why didn't Daddy & Mommy take Princess' computer away from her the first time they caught her?.....  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2011, 07:23:55 PM »
Help me here:

1. Why is this person making statements through his attorney?
2. Why do we believe the attorney is telling the truth?
3. Why does it matter?

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2011, 07:26:14 PM »
2. Why do we believe the attorney is telling the truth?

Isn't that an oxymoron?......  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2011, 07:34:27 PM »
Why does it matter when and how she came forward? I'm kind of hazy on the moral and ethical boundaries of blackmail.

He beat her, in a clearly abusive way. He likely controlled her to the point she couldn't do anything about it. (You contemplate going to the police or CPS about your daddy, the judge--y'know, that guy the cops and social workers all have to kiss up relentlessly)

She tried to use what he did to get stuff. Fine by me. When someone screws you over, do you necessarily consider it your duty to handle it in a way that will address their misbehavior without having any effect on you at all? 

Note that I'm talking about her character generally, which may not be great, but about this specific incident.

• friends
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2011, 07:48:00 PM »
my old man would be doing triple life.
heck my mom knocked me out when i was 15, and i deserved it

why was baby getting beat?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

• friends
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2011, 07:54:14 PM »
mom got a lick in why is she given a pass?
wide belt does no harm
now a narrow belt on the other hand or using the buckle.....
  what did kid lie about?  steal?

zahc

• friend
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2011, 08:04:54 PM »
Mom was given a pass because women are always victims and men are always aggressors.

Just to chip in, I received as bad or worse (but usually I was younger at the time), and I turned out fine and still love my parents. Of course if you take something like this and post it on the internet it will be shocking, but so will many parts of private life.
Maybe a rare occurence, but then you only have to get murdered once to ruin your whole day.
--Tallpine

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 04, 2011, 08:13:45 PM »
Mom was given a pass because women are always victims and men are always aggressors.

She's not a public official who gets to decide the fate of others' families.

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #13 on: November 04, 2011, 08:52:42 PM »
And the Emmy goes to. . . .

Quite a performance she put on there.
On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

SteveS

• The Voice of Reason
  • friends
« Reply #14 on: November 04, 2011, 09:26:43 PM »
Getting spanked with a belt for copywright infringement seems a bit much. I am in my 40's and got spanked, but my parents were able to think of more creative punishments by the time I was a teenager.
Profanity is the linguistic crutch of the inarticulate mother****er.

• friends
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 09:27:37 PM »
you noticed too?  the sound effects end as soon as the audience leaves

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 11:26:15 PM »
Getting spanked with a belt for copywright infringement seems a bit much. I am in my 40's and got spanked, but my parents were able to think of more creative punishments by the time I was a teenager.

So what made them loose that creativity between your teens and your 40's?  
Formerly sumpnz

GigaBuist

• friends
    • http://www.justinbuist.org/blog/
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 11:39:25 PM »
Content aside... why the flip is this even on video?  Who put that camera there and why did they do it?

CNYCacher

• friend
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2011, 12:04:49 AM »
Content aside... why the flip is this even on video?  Who put that camera there and why did they do it?

If you watch it to the end, it's obvious that the girl knew exactly where the camera was, and that it was recording.  She crosses the room while looking directly at it, then walks toward it and it moves slightly as it's being shut off.

Lets look at the facts and draw our own conclusions:
1. Girl knew the camera was there, and that it was recording
2. Girl is the only person who knows about the video's existence for 7 years

My conclusion: She recorded it herself.

Speculations:
1. She was playing up to the camera, making things seem worse than they were.
2. She intended to use the video to blackmail or punish her father.

On two occasions, I have been asked [by members of Parliament], "Pray, Mr. Babbage, if you put into the machine wrong figures, will the right answers come out?" I am not able to rightly apprehend the kind of confusion of ideas that could provoke such a question.
Charles Babbage

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2011, 12:28:38 AM »
I don't care what context it's in, the events in the video are 100% inappropriate. I don't care that "your daddy" did it back in the day and you turned out to not be a serial killer so it's totally fine. Your dad was wrong. Inflicting pain and using fear to dominate and control your kids is bad parenting. If you believe otherwise, you are wrong. End of story.

HForrest

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2011, 12:29:08 AM »

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2011, 12:41:25 AM »
Content aside... why the flip is this even on video?  Who put that camera there and why did they do it?

Apparently she set up the camera "to document his abuse".  So she knew the camera was running before hand.  However I have not watched it.

I will say this.  My sister goaded my dad into hitting her.  She spent weeks, if not months pushing him to see what it would take.  She deserved 10x more than what she got.  It was the only time, other than pre-8 years old spankings he ever hit either of us.  It wouldn't surprise me in the least if that was the case here.  
Formerly sumpnz

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2011, 12:50:04 AM »
She clearly set him up, but she didn't force him to whip her with the belt, nor was that faked in any way.  The problem in the video is his behaviour.  You may think she was wrong to secretly video tape him, but that doesn't make what he's doing any less wrong.

I think it's reasonable to expect a parent of a disabled (oh yeah, did you all catch that in the articles? she has cerebral palsy) child not to beat the kid, no matter what the kid "incites."

Ironic that he's standing over her to get results, and now frowning on her standing over him (with the video) to get results.  I guess when you teach them that a spanking is how you get compliance, you can't be surprised when they leverage over the car/money/whatever else.

Edit:  I'm thinking, maybe after he loses his next election, he can get a job with the RIAA - they're probably delighted to see parents whipping their children over illegal downloads.  He can be a spokesman for RIAA approved parenting!
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2011, 01:16:51 AM »
If you act wrongly, it's entirely reasonable for the people who are on the receiving end of your misbehavior to get payback for it, and to try and document it if possible.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2011, 02:18:28 AM »
I haven't watched this yet. Did he "beat her with a belt," or give her a spanking? Or what is it about this that makes it abuse, hitting, beating, etc?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife