Author Topic: Editorial cartoon and spoof about Mr. Cain  (Read 6586 times)

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
Editorial cartoon and spoof about Mr. Cain
« on: December 02, 2011, 09:07:23 AM »
http://blog.seattlepi.com/davidhorsey/2011/11/30/herman-cain-and-the-liberal-media-conspiracy/

Hilarious spoof about Mr. Cain.  I have read almost verbatim some of this language on some of the websites that perhaps need a few more layers of tinfoil.  [tinfoil]

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
Re: Editorial cartoon and spoof about Mr. Cain
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 10:21:57 AM »
Sorry, nothing funny about that at all. The media is doing a hatchet job on Cain. I don't think he's the best candidate, or that he can win, but what's going on with him now is going to make "Borking" look like a walk in the sun.

We have "witnesses" speaking out against Cain, all of whom have questionable backgrounds, including contacts with David Axelrod and contacts with the Daley machine in Chicago. The strongest piece of physical evidence so far is an autographed book, with a scribbled note from Cain that says nothing more than "this is my autograph".

Contrast that to the media's treatment of Bill Clinton in 1992. Gennifer Flowers had tapes of their phone conversations, as well as other very solid proof of an affair. Paula Jones had the testimony of the state troopers who were Clinton's bodyguards, as well as other evidence. Juanita Broderick had physical injuries, and other evidence. Those stories got very little coverage in the MSM until they absolutely had to cover them. Even then, they'd play down the women's stories.

The Obama campaign is playing on the ugliest fears about blacks, using the old "black man attacks white woman" excuse for lynching Cain. This will come back to haunt the Democrats in the future.

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2011, 10:41:35 AM »
+!

An increasingly corrupt "news" process is absolutely killing America.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2011, 12:18:02 PM »
"Hilarious" like hemorrhoid. :mad:
Does it strike anyone as odd that none of these women that were ..."sullied" by Cain were from the Navy Dept., or Burger King, or any other than just one place where Cain worked?

I don't know if it's Obama though.  Neal Boortz had a guest on this morning who sounded knowledgeable and claimed it was Romney's doing.  I don't know myself .... the only thing I really "know" is the older I get the more disgusted I wind up at what passes for political debate in this declining country. :'(
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2011, 12:38:57 PM »
Does it strike anyone as odd that none of these women that were ..."sullied" by Cain were from the Navy Dept., or Burger King, or any other than just one place where Cain worked?

Does it strike anyone as odd that all of these women are from Chicago, home of Obama and David Axelrod, and a place where Herman Cain never lived or worked? Or that a couple of them knew Axelrod?

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2011, 01:07:11 PM »
The Obama campaign is playing on the ugliest fears about blacks, using the old "black man attacks white woman" excuse for lynching Cain. This will come back to haunt the Democrats in the future.

Doubtful, since the MSM and the Democrats are so tightly linked.  They have a complete lock on the ability to successfully use the race card in politics. No one else is allowed to use it, lest they be labeled racist.
For there to be a real change, those two parties would have to have a serious falling out.  This is not going to happen anytime soon.

eta:  IMO, no one should use the race card in politics. I did not intend to imply otherwise.  The Left uses it successfully, is seldom penalized for doing so, but should be.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:58:00 PM by RocketMan »
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2011, 02:08:21 PM »
This will come back to haunt the Democrats in the future.

No it's not. Cain's not a black man.

(seriously, someone said that Cain wasn't "authentically black". Look it up)

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2011, 04:02:48 PM »
Does it strike anyone as odd that all of these women are from Chicago, home of Obama and David Axelrod, and a place where Herman Cain never lived or worked? Or that a couple of them knew Axelrod?
Do you have a citation on these Axelrod relationships?
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2011, 06:30:55 PM »
You can start with this Ann Coulter column where she lays it all out: http://www.anncoulter.com/columns/2011-11-09.html

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2011, 08:49:43 PM »
Seems like a lot of speculation there, and short on true fact.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2011, 10:10:45 PM »
Seems like a lot of speculation there, and short on true fact.

Do you mean Coulter's column or the allegations against Cain?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2011, 11:17:59 PM »
Ann Coulter's not speculating on anything. Axelrod is Obama's hatchet man, the women are from Chicago, and at least a couple of them know Axelrod. Herman Cain never worked or lived in Chicago. Nobody from any other company he's worked at or any other city he's lived in has ever accused him of anything. A couple of these women have cried "harassment' before.

It wouldn't take a good investigative journalist more than a few weeks to get to the bottom of this story, but none of them are saying "is this true?" Instead, they're all just commenting on how bad it looks.

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2011, 03:48:26 AM »
Would make sense, since you can't really go after him with the race card...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2011, 08:18:01 AM »
Ann Coulter's not speculating on anything. Axelrod is Obama's hatchet man, the women are from Chicago, and at least a couple of them know Axelrod. Herman Cain never worked or lived in Chicago. Nobody from any other company he's worked at or any other city he's lived in has ever accused him of anything. A couple of these women have cried "harassment' before.

It wouldn't take a good investigative journalist more than a few weeks to get to the bottom of this story, but none of them are saying "is this true?" Instead, they're all just commenting on how bad it looks.
I would really like to see someone connect these circumstantial dots with concrete facts.
Such success would be quite a reporting coup.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2011, 09:01:12 AM »
Would make sense, since you can't really go after him with the race card...

And he's the only candidate who couldn't be branded a racist, although it won't be long before they'll figure out how to brand conservative blacks as racist. Right now they're just Uncle Tom's.

Jamie B, I'll spend the time researching what Coulter said if you need me to, but I'd take her at her word. If she'd made a single mistake in that column, the NY Times would blast her in a headline story.

agricola

• friend
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2011, 10:20:56 AM »
I would really like to see someone connect these circumstantial dots with concrete facts.

Proving malpractice (especially widespread malpractice) in the news media is very unlikely to be any kind of coup - it would just be ignored.  Thats certainly the lesson of our ongoing scandal into media abuses, which is still advertised as being about phone hacking despite the "hacking" being the least criminally serious activity that they were up to. 
"Idiot!  A long life eating mush is best."
"Make peace, you fools"

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2011, 11:40:53 AM »
Cain is the one guy that Obama can't beat outright and the guy that Liberals don't want elected....so they're pulling out all the stops early......

....besides, all I've heard have been allegations....where's the evidence (real or contrived)?......  =|
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2011, 02:27:55 PM »
....besides, all I've heard have been allegations....where's the evidence (real or contrived)?......  

There's the signed copy of the books where Cain wrote, "Miss G, you have already made a ‘big difference!’ Stay focused as you pursue your next destination” in one, and “Friends are forever! Everything else is a bonus” in another.

There are also phone records that show that he called Ginger White as early as 4:26 am and as late as 7:52 pm.

What more do you want?

Besides, didn't the Democrats say that sexual affairs aren't a big deal for politicians? Or was it just that sexual affairs aren't a big deal for Democrats?

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2011, 03:22:25 PM »

Again, are you talking about what Coulter said, or about the allegations against Cain? The "evidence" presented against Cain seems quite spotty. And not in the blue dress kind of way.

And if you think Ann Coulter is the only linking these chicks to Axelrod, then you must not be getting your recommended dosage of right-wing hate radio.  =)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2011, 04:25:48 PM »
just that sexual affairs aren't a big deal for Democrats?

That, only D's are allowed to run prostitution rings, leave women in a car & swim away, & do strange things to interns with cigars.
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2011, 05:40:54 PM »
And he's the only candidate who couldn't be branded a racist, although it won't be long before they'll figure out how to brand conservative blacks as racist. Right now they're just Uncle Tom's.

Jamie B, I'll spend the time researching what Coulter said if you need me to, but I'd take her at her word. If she'd made a single mistake in that column, the NY Times would blast her in a headline story.
Don't waste your time, Dick.
I just find it odd that she seems to be the only one making the assertions about Axlerod.
She reminds me a lot of Newt as she sometimes goes way off on strange tangents at times, ans is also a legend in her own mind.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2011, 07:04:04 PM »
Try this column. It has a lot of detail about the accusers. http://www.canadafreepress.com/index.php/article/42630

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2011, 09:36:30 PM »
Thanks!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2011, 12:38:28 AM »
I guess it doesn't matter anymore. They forced Cain out with this.

I wonder if the truth will ever come out.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2011, 01:52:59 AM »
I just find it odd that she seems to be the only one making the assertions about Axlerod.

Aherm, she isn't. (See my last post.)

A number of people mentioned the Axelrod connection, back before the first few charges fizzled due to lack of substance.

On the other hand, the last chick to come out the wood-work seems to have a little more relevance. She actually has a phone history with Cain, and payments of which the wife supposedly said she was unaware.