Author Topic: Third of young women would swap IQ for larger breasts  (Read 14199 times)

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Third of young women would swap IQ for larger breasts
« on: March 01, 2012, 10:33:41 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-2108293/The-Jordan-effect-Third-young-women-swap-IQ-larger-breasts.html

The Itty Bitty IQ Committee. (pre-swap)

I do suspect most would not even miss the loss of g for their Ds.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MicroBalrog

• friend
Re: Third of young women would swap IQ for larger breasts
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 10:48:34 PM »
but most young women in this country would beg to differ, it seems.

Shocking new research shows almost half of young women aged 18 to 25 would prefer to have large breasts than high intelligence - with a third even saying they would gladly swap.

...can the writer safely carry his thought from one sentence to another?
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 10:54:25 PM »

Apparently not ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 11:22:58 PM »
The writer is a "she". She must have large breasts.

Nick1911

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 11:33:28 PM »
Swapping IQ points for larger breasts?  That's a terriable idea.  With those IQ points, one could make more then enough money for breast agumentation.  Breast size is fixable, IQ isn't.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 11:46:40 PM »
Shame on you people for disapproving of their lifestyle choice.  :mad:  =)

but most young women in this country would beg to differ, it seems.

Shocking new research shows almost half of young women aged 18 to 25 would prefer to have large breasts than high intelligence - with a third even saying they would gladly swap.

She may have been referring to this part:

And almost 60 per cent of the respondents believed that men would be ‘more interested’ in them romantically if they had bigger breasts.

So a majority of women believed that "what counts," for men, is breast size. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think that's accurate. Most men seem to want to deny that, but I don't believe them. Personally, I don't see why rejecting a girl for her lack of wits is any more noble than a rejection based on cup size. Dumb girls are people, too.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 11:49:53 PM »
Believing men are more likely to be reomantically interested in a woman if she has large breasts does not equal believing IQ is better than breasts (which most of the women polled do not believe).

Now if there was some way to improve the shape of women's breasts' relatively safely...

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2012, 12:24:46 AM »
A guy can't tell how intelligent (or not) a woman is by looking at her. He can tell lots of other things by sight, though. Once the conversations starts, then it's up to him to determine if he's still interested. (And to her, likewise).

BridgeRunner

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2012, 12:46:21 AM »
Personally, I'd swap IQ points for something useful, like actually useful intelligence, the kind that doesn't involve IQ points.  Seems high IQ is good for two things: Being bizarrely crippled in communicating or socializing with most people, and trying to boost one's self-image on the basis of being smarter than all the actually happy, successful people.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2012, 01:31:01 AM »
So a majority of women believed that "what counts," for men, is breast size. Maybe I'm just cynical, but I think that's accurate. Most men seem to want to deny that, but I don't believe them.
Tertiary concern. Face and follicles first.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2012, 01:31:36 AM »
Believing men are more likely to be romantically interested in a woman if she has large breasts does not equal believing IQ is better than breasts (which most of the women polled do not believe).

The wording used was "what counts." That could mean different things. Not, of course, that I would be surprised if this journalist were merely dumb, or just a bad writer.

After all she's a woman journalist.  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #11 on: March 02, 2012, 01:37:18 AM »
Perhaps  she has already performed the swap.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 02, 2012, 03:46:54 AM »
So size does matter.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #13 on: March 02, 2012, 04:27:00 AM »
Personally, I'd swap IQ points for something useful, like actually useful intelligence, the kind that doesn't involve IQ points.  Seems high IQ is good for two things: Being bizarrely crippled in communicating or socializing with most people, and trying to boost one's self-image on the basis of being smarter than all the actually happy, successful people.

Been living my life eh?

Back on topic, I for one welcome our slightly dumber and hotter overlords.  =D
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #14 on: March 02, 2012, 06:38:15 AM »
First point, studies have shown men are more likely to choose a nice butt with no boobs to big boobs and no ass.
Second, they can improve the shape of the breast and both augmentation and reduction surgeries involve reshaping the breast (beyond making it bigger and smaller)
Third, can we please avoid "womens with big boobs are stoopid!!". It's not true and offensive.

Finally, it does not suprise me that a lot of women find body image to be so importent to them to trade IQ for boobage, although, I would highly doubt the majority of the ones who voted yes to have all that much IQ to trade.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 07:16:38 AM »
IMHO looks are only the bait.  If there isn't anything between the ears it ain't worth pursuing.  Also it is more about proportion than it is about size.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

coppertales

• friend
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 09:02:35 AM »
Nothing new here.  Just look at Hollywood.............chris3

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 11:25:33 AM »
We're talking lord God king bu-fu
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 11:44:05 AM »

Amen to that.

People with much less IQ, but better organizational skills, motivation, and people skills always get farther in life. And they seem happier too. I'd gladly give up 20 IQ points for the chance to be 99th percentile in the other areas.

High IQ is almost a trap. You go through life expecting things should be easier, because you're "smart", or people notice and also tell you you're "smart", however your intelligence only really seems to help you with parlor tricks, trivia, or other minutiae that never helps you get farther in the real world, save maybe being wittier in a discussion forum such as this one.

The other thing high IQ seems to be good for is cataloging and being ever aware of exactly how you're failing at life as compared to lower IQ but more "driven" people.
I promise not to duck.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 12:24:40 PM »
The other thing high IQ seems to be good for is cataloging and being ever aware of exactly how you're failing at life as compared to lower IQ but more "driven" people.

Quite true. I look at my brother, who didn't graduate high school and can't write a coherent sentence, yet was very successful in his career and with having a family, and is now very comfortably retired. Or the owner of a gun store in West Allis we both know, a guy who's semi-literate at best, but is extremely successful.

My relatively high IQ, which no doubt has dropped as I've forgotten much of what I learned in school, never made me successful. If anything, it made me think I was smarter than I've actually been.

Maybe I should have opted for large breasts.

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 12:35:18 PM »
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 01:06:17 PM »
Oh god, harold, take that back
 [barf]
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 01:39:31 PM »
I missed the entire conversation. Everything after "breasts".
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 02:06:03 PM »
I would highly doubt the majority of the ones who voted yes to have all that much IQ to trade.

Exactamundo!
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 02:16:54 PM »
As noted earlier in the thread, size is not everything.  Shape and perkiness come into play as well.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.