Author Topic: The Official Olympics Thread  (Read 27600 times)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
Re: The Official Olympics Thread
« Reply #100 on: August 09, 2012, 04:13:26 PM »
 ;/

The thing the ignorant rubes in flyover country don't understand is the physical effort required by the rider to get the horse to make those movements.

And no, your not supposed to be able to see it. It should look like the horse is magically reading it's riders mind.
I can assure it's not. The leg pressures and strength of leg required to ride one of those horses is apparently beyond your ken.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #101 on: August 09, 2012, 04:25:22 PM »
Based on that explanation, maybe we should add dolphin & orca riding to the Olympics....as well as bull & bronco riding. All those things apply.

....BTW, I enjoyed the dressage today....if they could do it with dolphins, it would be even cooler....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #102 on: August 09, 2012, 04:26:06 PM »
Based on that explanation, maybe we should add dolphin & orca riding to the Olympics....as well as bull & bronco riding. All those things apply.

....BTW, I enjoyed the dressage today....if they could do it with dolphins, it would be even cooler....

See, that i'd be cool with.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

HankB

• friend
« Reply #103 on: August 09, 2012, 10:58:34 PM »
I think something based on directing big cats would be a lot more entertaining . . . especially if there was an occasional moment like what was seen at Siegfried & Roy's last performance . . .  [popcorn]
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #104 on: August 09, 2012, 11:09:43 PM »
I think something based on directing big cats would be a lot more entertaining . . . especially if there was an occasional moment like what was seen at Siegfried & Roy's last performance . . .  [popcorn]
Aren't there often politicians and others of that ilk in the audience? If I had a tiger, I wouldn't want to make it sick by having it eating a politician...but if they only chew on them, they'd probably be alright (the tigers I mean...). =)
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2012, 11:23:38 PM »
Aren't there often politicians and others of that ilk in the audience? If I had a tiger, I wouldn't want to make it sick by having it eating a politician...but if they only chew on them, they'd probably be alright (the tigers I mean...). =)

How about a sport where the politicians are put through their paces and made to dance to our tune?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

HankB

• friend
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2012, 06:05:22 AM »
Audience participation! I love it!
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

PeterJackman

« Reply #107 on: November 05, 2012, 04:29:42 AM »
Spam spam spam spam spam
« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 08:00:56 AM by mtnbkr »
I am a stupid sig line spammer.