Author Topic: University Of CO Analysis Predicts That Romney Will Win Election  (Read 5951 times)

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
FOX NEWS: Bret Baier reports that an academic analysis that has correctly picked the winner of every presidential election since 1980 is forecasting a victory for Mitt Romney. The University of Colorado’s model factors in state-by-state economic conditions, such as unemployment rate and capital income. It predicts Governor Romney will win 52.9 percent of the popular vote and about 320 electoral votes. The study has President Obama losing almost all of the so-called swing states, and predicts that he will finish with only 218 electoral college votes and 47 percent of the popular vote.

Fox News video at link:
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/08/22/university_of_colorado_analysis_predicts_that_romney_will_win_election.html
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

HankB

• friend
Re: University Of CO Analysis Predicts That Romney Will Win Election
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 02:28:08 PM »
I think I'll bookmark this, though I'm not as enthusiastic about Romney winning as I am at the prospect of Obama losing.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 02:29:11 PM »
They (Obama and co.) are getting desperate.

I used to get one E-mail per day from Barak and Michelle.  Now, I get two-three e-mails per day begging for money because they are being out raised and out spent by Romney and Co.   And if I send in $5 I get entered for a chance to be front row (With round trip airfare and accommodations) at the DNC Convention, with Michelle and Barak.   [barf]    I really don't think they'd want me there.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Plus when I was in Indy last week, I saw somewhere on the nooz that had polls of the battleground/swing states that showed either dead heats or Romney ahead.   Given that the polls generally are about 3-8% less the what the R's get on election day, that was interesting news.

And can someone explain to me why Wisconsin, that just went through the recall election which Walker won by 8%, is in the column of "Blue/Obama" states?

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 05:47:21 PM by scout26 »
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 02:38:25 PM »
And if I send in $5 I get entered for a chance to be front row (With round trip airfare and accommodations) at the DNC Convention, with Michelle and Barak.   [barf]    I really don't think they'd want me there.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

You know, that almost seems worth the chance of getting to lob that enormous of a monkey wrench into his campaign.  :rofl:  But then the cynic kicks in and figures the "lottery" for such a thing will be no less rigged than a Chicago election.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 02:43:05 PM »
I don't know anything about this predictive model, but does it contend that the economy is the primary determinant of who wins the Presidential election?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 03:02:46 PM »
They (Obama and co.) are getting desperate.

I used to get one E-mail per day from Barak and Michelle.  Now, I get two-three e-mails per day begging for money because they are being out raised and out spent by Romney and Co.   And if I send in $5 I get entered for a chance to be front row (With round trip airfare and accommodations) at the DNC Convention, with Michelle and Barak.   [barf]    I really don't think they'd want me there.  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Plus when I was in Indy last week, I saw somewhere on the nooz that had pools of the battleground/swing states that showed either dead heats or Romney ahead.   Given that the polls generally are about 3-8% less the what the R's get on election day, that was interesting news.

And can someone explain to me why Wisconsin, that just went through the recall election which Walker won by 8%, is in the column of "Blue/Obama" states?

Mebbe you sit next to Sandra Fluke. That's the only light from the Akin mess, the DNC doubled down on the stupid and are gonn let Fluke et. al talk because obviously the issue that grips the country right now is abortion.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 03:51:43 PM »
Personally, I think Obama's internal polling has been showing him this for a while.  Democrat enthusiasm is down as well. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Waitone

• friend
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2012, 04:44:15 PM »
Anyone know if the model factors in voter fraud?  Take it to the bank, voter fraud will be rampant in this election if for no other reason than to retain one, count'm one, senate seat.

Occultic level polling, the polls a campaign really uses, have shown Obama has real problems.  I go back to an election of yesteryear when one Jimmuh Carter tried to get re-elected against Reagan.  The entire campaign was a freakin' horse race according to media (now called main stream media).  30 minutes into the returns Carter concedes.  Then the media fessed up Carter was done 3 months earlier.  Some of the most profitable times for electronic media is an election.  It has a vested interest in keeping people tuned in.  A blow out can not and will not be properly reported.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 04:50:25 PM by Waitone »
"Men, it has been well said, think in herds. It will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
- Charles Mackay, Scottish journalist, circa 1841

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That's what's insane about it." - John Lennon

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2012, 04:46:57 PM »
I don't know anything about this predictive model, but does it contend that the economy is the primary determinant of who wins the Presidential election?

As a matter of fact, it is the economy, stupid: http://www.colorado.edu/news/releases/2012/08/22/analysis-election-factors-points-romney-win-university-colorado-study-says

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2012, 05:12:53 PM »
Would this be the same University of CO who had the 3 psychiatrists who were working to straighten out James Holmes'  issues?

Who also left his package for Dr. Lynne Fenton sitting in the mail room for a week?

I would not trust them to predict that the sun was rising tomorrow.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2012, 05:47:54 PM »
You know, that almost seems worth the chance of getting to lob that enormous of a monkey wrench into his campaign.  :rofl: 

Racist!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2012, 05:49:40 PM »
Mebbe you sit next to Sandra Fluke.

Then I can call her a "Party Favor" on National TV....  ;)  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2012, 06:06:13 PM »
Then I can call her a "Party Favor" on National TV....  ;)  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And offer coupon shopping suggestions...
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
I could believe the prediction....and I'll predict that we'll see the lowest turnout of Democrat & Independent voters in decades. Simple fact....no one thinks anything will get better no matter who is in office....so why vote?
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jamie B

• friend
  • I am Abynormal
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2012, 07:00:54 PM »
Heard on the radio this evening that my state, OH, was polled @ 49% Obama and 46% Romney.

OH has always been relatively blue, but I'll bet the poll is +/- 3% at least.
Greatness lies not in being strong, but in the right use of strength - Henry Ward Beecher

The Almighty tells me He can get me out of this mess, but He’s pretty sure you’re f**ked! - Stephen

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2012, 07:37:09 PM »
I'd bet this will be the first time their model breaks down.  Wait and see at this point.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2012, 01:12:30 AM »
I'd bet this will be the first time their model breaks down.  Wait and see at this point.

I hope you are wrong, but I'm not feeling too positive about Romney/Ryans chances either. Probably because I'm surrounded by lefties, in a lefty state.

I'm wavering, I don't want to vote for Romney but the desire to make a meaningful vote is strong (ie a vote against the home team guy from Illinoying).

Plus I like Ryan for his authenticity. He certainly isn't the ideologue he has been portrayed as at all. He actually practices some state craft. If he defined the direction of the Republican party I might see some hope.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2012, 01:20:26 AM by Ron »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

MicroBalrog

• friend
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2012, 05:52:27 AM »
I'd bet this will be the first time their model breaks down.  Wait and see at this point.

At this point, I suspect Romney sees 'you can't lose this one' as a personal challenge.
Destroy The Enemy in Hand-to-Hand Combat.

"...tradition and custom becomes intertwined and are a strong coercion which directs the society upon fixed lines, and strangles liberty. " ~ William Graham Sumner

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2012, 06:03:01 AM »
Mebbe you sit next to Sandra Fluke. . .
You'd probably get lucky, since this single woman needs thousands of dollars per year of contraception . . . (On the other hand, the days when a shot of penicillin would cure what ails you are long over.  :O )
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2012, 08:18:05 AM »
I suspect this model does NOT take into account voter fraud, and as such we will see 4 more of Obama.

My conservative friends have convinced me to hold my nose and vote for Romney.

I'm not ecstatic about it.

Hell, if it weren't for Ryan on the ticket, I probably would stay home
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2012, 08:42:14 AM »
I suspect this model does NOT take into account voter fraud, and as such we will see 4 more of Obama.

My conservative friends have convinced me to hold my nose and vote for Romney.

I'm not ecstatic about it.

Hell, if it weren't for Ryan on the ticket, I probably would stay home

None of us are excited about romney.

And I also expect fraud on a huge scale...also voter intimidation...
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2012, 11:07:47 AM »
But the liberal "pro-voting" groups say that there's only been a bit over 2,000 cases of alleged voter fraud since 2000, and only a handful of those resulted in convictions.

I guess that there must not have been more people voting than there were registered voters in Milwaukee in 2008, as was reported. The election commission must have miscounted.

I'm sure the study that produced that 2000+ figure used sound methodology.  ;/

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2012, 11:27:28 AM »
But the liberal "pro-voting" groups say that there's only been a bit over 2,000 cases of alleged voter fraud since 2000, and only a handful of those resulted in convictions.

I guess that there must not have been more people voting than there were registered voters in Milwaukee in 2008, as was reported. The election commission must have miscounted.

I'm sure the study that produced that 2000+ figure used sound methodology.  ;/

And let me guess...it was all republicans who committed the voter fraud?
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

slingshot

• friend
« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2012, 11:49:56 AM »
Personally, I think Obama's internal polling has been showing him this for a while.  Democrat enthusiasm is down as well. 

I think so also which is why his campaign is so negative with the media constantly steering public interest toward the fringe topics such as abortion, gay marriage, and so forth.  But this is no time to relax or become casual about the November election and its potential impacts depending on who wins.  For the Republicans, they must not only win the presidency, but they need majorities in both Houses as well.  I hope that assuming this comes to pass that new laws are not simply rammed down the throats of the American people such as was done by the Democart majorites when Obama/Biden were elected.  I want a positive long term view of solving problems whether they be international or domestic.  But some things need to be done very quickly to give the American people some sort of comfort that government is working for the betterment of the entire USA not fringe elements.  But I believe that the people work toward the betterment of the USA and it is not only a government that controls the show.  I want straigth talk; no BS.  I want to deal with reality not some fantasy view.  The US is what it is and it should remain a country or nation based on the principles from our Constitution and our history. The USA really does have a pretty remarkable history in terms of its impact on the world since its creation.

I really want to go to the movie 2016, to learn.  I believe segments of the movie will be used as campaign ads.
It shall be as it was in the past... Not with dreams, but with strength and with courage... Shall a nation be molded to last. (The Plainsman, 1936)

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #24 on: August 25, 2012, 11:34:15 PM »
I hope you are wrong, but I'm not feeling too positive about Romney/Ryans chances either. Probably because I'm surrounded by lefties, in a lefty state.

Heck, I'm surrounded by leftis in a leftist state and I haven't heard anyone actually admit that they'd even think about voting for Obama. I HAVE encountered an awful lot of people who would vote for anyone other than Obama, though.

ANYONE!

This election is going to a classic example of nobody voting for anyone, and everyone who votes making their choice on the basis of "the lesser of two evils."
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design