Author Topic: Dear Brideslaves, Put your life on hold until after my wedding.  (Read 4716 times)

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
Dear Brideslaves, Put your life on hold until after my wedding.
« on: October 04, 2012, 08:41:55 PM »
Jake, dude.  Run, do not walk to the nearest exit.   You should be able to figure out who you are.  Live in NY/CT, the wedding is in Vail next August, she has 10 bridemaids.  If any of that rings a bell, LEAVE. THE. COUNTRY. NOW!!!!!  You'll avoid a life of living hell.  Trust me on this one.

http://shine.yahoo.com/love-sex/bridezillas-crazy-email-bridesmaids-goes-viral-respond-her-201500809.html

To my lovely Bridesmaid: [Names removed to protect the brideslaves]

As you all know I picked 10 wonderful ladies to stand by my side, share and make happen my special day to Jake. Each of you individually have a reason and a special place in my heart of why I picked you to be a bridesmaid. We have set our date for Saturday, August 31, 2013 in Vail, Colorado. That seems far away but it really isn't, the earlier the planning the better. You may have already knew that my wonderful sister L— will be the Maid of Honor, she's in charge under me. Also my lovely mom will be a big help as well. L— has a big role in throwing me a bridal shower and bachelorette party, of course all of you guys do but at the end of the day shes the go to person and makes it happen.

You all have a big roll in this wedding, so before we continue I'm going to be setting some ground rules and its very important you read and think about everything through before you accept this honor to be a bridesmaid. If you guys email anything I would also like you to put L— in the CC. Not all the bridesmaid need to be CC'd unless its coming from me or L—, if it something everyone needs to see then well do it. We set the date to August 31, 2013 if that's a problem we need to know NOW. Also by the end of the week we will be setting dates for the engagement party, bridal show and bachelorette party.

Our wedding party is really the most important people at the wedding besides my self and Jake so we want every single one of our bridesmaid and grooms at our parties, I have 10 not 8 where two couldn't make it so if you already know you cant make one of the parties then we have to find someone else, not to be harsh in the slightest it would sadden me and of course you'll still be invited to our wedding, engagement ect. But it's different if your not in the wedding party and couldn't make it. We'll give everyone well advance dates for the parties and it will always fall on a weekend. The wedding as I stated will be in Vail the engagement party will either be in NY or CT and the bachelorette party will be in Vegas, cliche yeaa but I've never been.

A few girls live out of town so if there is going to be a problem with coming to either one then I need to know now because after this week I don't want to be surprised. I would like everyone to send me any dates they are going away or planning to go away after February so if your going away in January I don't care. I want any dates from February to the day of our wedding in August, that way we know not to plan something when your away. But after this week the dates are set in stone. Also if money is tight and you cant afford to contribute to say the bachelorette party or wont be able to afford a dress etc then L— and Myself don't have time to deal with that, I'm sorry. This includes flights as well, everyone knows the states where the parties are going to be held so if you wont be able to afford a flight then that means you cant make a party which ultimately means I cant have you as a bridesmaid. Obviously we'll get the best deals and were not gonna books flights for $1000 and *expletive deleted* that's why were doing this in advance, that goes for bridesmaids dresses as well everything will be affordable but if you think by affordable its going to be a $25 forever 21 dress then your going to the wrong wedding.

If your out of state though don't think you have to fly in for all fittings, that we will work with you, find stores in your town, get measurements..you don't have to worry about that. Also if you accept this honor another thing is that you need to be available, I'm not going to harass you with wedding stuff every hour of everyday but if its something important and it takes you a week even 2-3 days to get back to me seeeee ya! I don't have time to wait around for responses, everyone has their phone on them, it shouldn't take you more than a day to get back to me, even if your out of the country, check your email!

Furthermore, Ever since I could remember I have dreamed about this day all my life. I want to share it with the people that are most important to me. You only get one time to plan your dream wedding and I couldn't pick a more amazing group of girls to make that dream come true! So please, what's stated above think about it all and by Wednesday I need to know if everyone is 100% in, and what I have asked about sending me dates if your gonna be away between Feb-Aug ill need that on Wednesday. If you don't think you'll be able to attend one party but can make the rest of them I'm sorry but I'll have to take you out as a bridesmaid and put you as a guest. If you want to get back to me before Wednesday, that's fine. Really think about everything I've said. This is really going to be the most epic wedding ever so I hope you girls can share this special day with us!

Love,

The Bride from Hell.
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
Re: Dear Brideslaves, Put your life on hold until after my wedding.
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2012, 08:49:31 PM »
Run Jake Run!!!
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2012, 08:53:23 PM »
You all have a big roll in this wedding...

Mmmm, cinnamon?  =)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2012, 08:54:59 PM »
This is the kind of crazy bridezilla that, making $25k a year with her future spouse making around the same, takes a loan out for $70k for the wedding.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2012, 08:58:25 PM »
Some girls don't grow out of the Princess phase.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2012, 09:04:27 PM »
Oh my god.  :O

I wish I was one of her chosen 10. I would love to send a nice responce to that email, a make sure it got CC'd to all my fellow brideslaves.

It would start something like this,

"Dear stupid bitch,

I regretfully decline from the so called honor of being in your bridal party. It's not because I have plans or can't make it on those dates, but simply because I have absolutly no intrest in playing along with your insane ego or spending any of my money to pay for your *expletive deleted*it. Furthermore, I wish you all the happiness in the world with Jake and hope your lives together will be joyful. I'm sure he will stop cheating on your with you're maid of honor L- as soon as the vows or said. By the way, you might want to visit the doctor. L-'s boyfriend talked to me last night and he said he had a rash on his penis. It's probably just nothing. Also, you might want to have another groomsman on standby. I doubt he's going to be intrested in attending your wedding after he dumps your slutty sister.

Sincerly,

the smart bitch."

=D

Nothing like enraging a bridezillia to rampage.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2012, 09:19:10 PM »
i think i did her twins wedding
several times
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #7 on: October 04, 2012, 09:28:16 PM »
Wow...that sounds oddly familiar to a wedding I had to stand up in.  Serious karma points for the two of us girls standing up and not throttling the GROOMzilla.
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

brimic

• friends
« Reply #8 on: October 04, 2012, 09:36:13 PM »
I'm thinking of a word, it starts with the letter 'C' and rhymes with 'punt...' Can anyone guess it?
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2012, 10:21:56 PM »
your going to the wrong wedding

QFT  >:D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #10 on: October 04, 2012, 10:32:50 PM »
I'm thinking of a word, it starts with the letter 'C' and rhymes with 'punt...' Can anyone guess it?

Chaunt?  :angel:

Strings

• APS Pimp
  • friend
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2012, 11:35:12 PM »
Reminds me of a friend's wedding. Neither she, nor the groom, were the problem: one of the bridesmaids was, along with the bride's grandmother...
No Child Should Live In Fear

What was that about a pearl handled revolver and someone from New Orleans again?

Screw it: just autoclave the planet (thanks Birdman)

Terpsichore

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2012, 11:37:39 PM »
How can one of the bridesmaids be a problem?
There is something relaxing in working with sharp pointy things.

What if there were no hypothetical situations?

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2012, 07:45:07 AM »
Best wedding ever, my buddy who got married at a brewery. Had reception there too. We basically rented out the local hotel. Not sure about the bride side, but the groom side, we sent out similar emails. Quite detailed. Number of doctors and combat medics. Types of beer. Selection of whiskey for flasks for groomsmen. Drunk bus organizing. Bride reassurance (notification every 15 minutes that groom is still there and reasonably sober). SAR team on standby for last minute requirements.

The bride was one of the most levelheaded folks I know. And even she was apologizing to everyone for completely flipping out and going mental. It was actually quite funny. "I know historically I have been the sane one for the last seven years. Uh, now I'll be jamming seven years of crazy into a few weeks. Please ignore any hysterical or flat out insane behavior. Or give me rum to shut me up."

My buddy definitely made a good call on marrying her.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2012, 09:12:57 AM by RevDisk »
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »
Mrs Balog and I were in a friend's wedding where the bride's behaviour in the long runup to the ceremony was so atrocious we basically stopped all contact with them after. Decent friendships completely ruined by teh crazy.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2012, 05:41:28 PM »
There are reasons why Justices of the Peace are authorized to sign those marriage certificates.

At least Jake has a full (well, almost) year to contemplate why he should show up, say "No, and who's going to get drunk with me?" while looking directly at the father of the now-jilted bride.

Or is it just me that sees no problem in letting anyone who would knowingly and voluntarily walk into that Hell suffer all the pain possible?

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2012, 06:26:51 PM »
You mean Jake has a full year to either find an assassin, flee the country with a new identity or kill himself.

My response to that letter would have been something to the tone of, "Although it is indeed an honor to be given the chance to spend my hard earned money on your frivolous and juvenile parties and suffer the indignities of your anal-retentive control-freak tantrums, I find I simply cannot lower myself to the level of debasement you deem necessary. Might I suggest that a better expenditure of your father's money might be on an English tutor. Hope the wedding turns out beautifully for you as I'm certain that within five years you'll have a fat whiny spoiled child underfoot, will use sex as a weapon to torment your poor husband, own an entire wardrobe of too-small spandex clothing, your social life will consist of your brat's extra-curricular activities, and the very last day of happiness you can recall was the day before you commandeered an entire year of the lives of your closest friends for your own vain and selfish purposes. Good luck with that."
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2012, 06:32:03 PM »
Jake,

There's always the French Foreign Legion....
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2012, 07:08:14 PM »
Or suicide.

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2012, 07:39:33 PM »
Sippaku! It's the only way to be sure.
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2012, 09:09:05 PM »
I see my name here, and see that some love-struck female (or tranny) is planning to marry me on Aug 31, 2013. I'm pretty sure it's me, as I'm the only Jake who could arouse such passion, aside from a late lamented Blues Brother. There is a movie star by that name, but he's a homely dude. I, on the other hand, once took my shirt off in front of the mirror and became bisexual.
Now, I can't recall a wedding being planned, but this means nothing. I forget minor stuff like that. Besides, it wouldn't surprise me too much if the female in question planned all this out before she gets the engagement ring. Being an agreeable sort, I'd probably go along with it. Being a bastard, I'd flake at the last minute and change my cell phone number.
There's no name on the email, so I can't say which female of my acquaintance this would be with such foul designs upon me. The only clue is a sister with a name beginning with 'L'. Latest paramour was an only child, so this is probably one of her coworkers, some of whom I dated.

Jake,

There's always the French Foreign Legion....
Might not be a bad idea. I expect that Euros will be holding their value better than dollars for the next several years. I could return from the wars and buy Detroit.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »
...buy Detroit.

This seems like a good investment to you?  =|

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2012, 10:22:57 PM »

fistful, look at who he is going to marry.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

Zardozimo Oprah Bannedalas

• Webley Juggler
  • friend
  • All I got is a fistful of shekels
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2012, 10:38:03 PM »

When I make it into a Zardoz theme park, yes.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2012, 10:52:07 AM »
Castlekey has a story about a bridezilla that puts that to shame. Actually makes it, and her, look sane, because the one in his story was off the wall frigging nuts, as in treatment and institutionalization would have been very logical outcomes.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.