Author Topic: We are *expletive deleted*ed  (Read 49727 times)

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re: We are *expletive deleted*ed
« Reply #200 on: November 08, 2012, 06:19:18 PM »
I'm sorry but you didn't give them money, they performed a service and you compensated them for their time and skills.

If you are that self-absorbed perhaps you need to find a different forum to preach on.

And I get to pick who performs that service. Just like I got rid of my yard service today. Are you the forum police?  Are you telling me that I need to leave this forum?  Look. If you don't like what I do or say, please exercise your right to ignore me and stay away from me. With my personal life and professional life I have choices to make. Personally I choose to spend my money with folks who are like minded. I'm just extending that to my professional life.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #201 on: November 08, 2012, 06:30:51 PM »
Aren't there any states that want liberty minded folks?

Come to _________ and earn your own keep! We abhor taxes and protect property and liberty here in the great state of ________. Forge your own destiny among like minded Americans who believe the government that governs best governs least.

If a state put out the word it wanted true classical liberals would they come? Would the state prosper?

Government sponsored FSP? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron?

Speaking of the FSP, NH went hard hard blue this election.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #202 on: November 08, 2012, 06:30:57 PM »
Longeyes: it's really easy to talk about starting a war on the internet.

I read his posts and I have yet to see him or I press for war or revolution.  It is simply an historical observation that nations come and nations go by various means.  Am I to suppose that American exceptionalism will outlast even the Roman run of 2500 years much like the aspirations of the extant Third Reich?  We can dismiss historical certainty but you will be ignored.

As I mentioned, non-violent national divorces do occur.  With the break-up of the US, one could move to the Mormon theocracy of Utah or the individualist hinterlands of Idaho or Montana or the neo-USSR in the America NE or the envirus utopia of Pacific Confederation.  Who knows, all speculation but I think the map of the US in ten years will be quite a bit different than it is now.
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #203 on: November 08, 2012, 06:31:04 PM »
Aren't there any states that want liberty minded folks?

Come to _________ and earn your own keep! We abhor taxes and protect property and liberty here in the great state of ________. Forge your own destiny among like minded Americans who believe the government that governs best governs least.

If a state put out the word it wanted true classical liberals would they come? Would the state prosper?

http://freestateproject.org/

Attempted in NH, and another attempt in WY also if memory serves.

To my knowledge, the NH group is centered around the town of Keene.  And they mostly go around taunting cops and messing around in courts.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #204 on: November 08, 2012, 06:34:29 PM »
And you wonder why Romney lost - more than a few voters don't want a boss like this running the country, much less being responsible for their pay checks.

Yeah, probably. The Obama campaign was apparently so successful in painting Romney that way, that people came out in droves to oppose him. (Or at least, the Obama campaign caricature of him.)
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #205 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:10 PM »
Government sponsored FSP? Isn't that kind of an oxymoron?

Speaking of the FSP, NH went hard hard blue this election.

I wouldnt say its an oxymoron if you had a very minimalist type of .gov sponsering a FSP type thing
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Balog

• Unrepentant race traitor
  • friends
  • What if we tried more?
« Reply #206 on: November 08, 2012, 06:36:28 PM »
Words have specific meanings, including secession. You don't get to just redefine it as you see fit.
Quote from: French G.
I was always pleasant, friendly and within arm's reach of a gun.

Quote from: Standing Wolf
If government is the answer, it must have been a really, really, really stupid question.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #207 on: November 08, 2012, 06:40:37 PM »
Try harder. Your right to hire and fire people may be sacrosanct to me, but so is my right to free speech.

your employment status does not inhibit speech    actions have consequences
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #208 on: November 08, 2012, 06:44:33 PM »
Rooster,

Look up the definition of "discrimination" - especially as it applies to the workplace.

We've already got laws on the federal books against employment discrimination for:

1.  Race
  2.  Sex
  3.  Pregnancy
  4.  Religion
  5.  National origin
  6.  Disability (physical or mental, including HIV status)
  7.  Age (for workers over 40)
  8.  Military service or affiliation
  9.  Bankruptcy or bad debts
 10.  Genetic information
 11.  Citizenship status (for citizens, permanent residents, temporary residents, refugees, and asylees)

They came about as a common-sense approach, and more specifically as a result of employer abuses.

I'd guarantee money that many were only legislated when the abuses were made public, because the employers sure weren't going to effect changes themselves without goading.  

Hiring and firing based on political affiliation, especially when our very democracy is founded on folks having a choice in electing their government, reeks of something unpleasant.

You fire somebody who's an otherwise excellent employee for simply voting the opposite ballot than you, then you are in fact discriminating.  You are enjoying a loophole, nothing else.

That's lower than whale poop in my book. As much as I dislike the liberal mindset, I'd never, ever fire an employee because they voted Republican, Democrat, Wookie, whatever.

The very thought that people here or elsewhere would seriously consider doing so makes me want to start a grass-roots movement to seek out and expose them, and set the ball in motion to add political affiliation to the above list, not unlike other countries.  

Doesn't say much for the quality of Armed Polite Society, which is open to all walks of life, either...

In other words, you're not so big on freedom of association and property rights?  And agree with fed.gov when it uses violence to abridge them?  You have lots of company, these days.  It does seem the fashionable position to stake out.

For my part, I favor the old-school virtues and liberties of mercantile republicanism over the new-fangled values of statist identity polics.  I generally don't support having agents of the gov't shoot folks in the face for making decisions about their property and associations I may find distasteful (or disagree with from a practical standpoint). 

I also value minding my own business and not sticking my nose into others' business.

Last, discrimination gets a bad rap.  We all do it every day, many times a day.  Saying one doesn't discriminate is akin to saying one doesn't think, as discrimination is at the root of conscious thought.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
« Reply #209 on: November 08, 2012, 06:52:08 PM »
And you wonder why Romney lost - more than a few voters don't want a boss like this running the country, much less being responsible for their pay checks.

http://www.weeklystandard.com/blogs/obamas-female-debate-coach-complained-about-hostile-workplace-white-house_654745.html
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

brimic

• friends
« Reply #210 on: November 08, 2012, 06:59:19 PM »
Panarin may have only been off by a few years...

"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #211 on: November 08, 2012, 07:06:36 PM »

To heck with that....Texas will ANNEX Mexico....should cut down on illegal immigration....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #212 on: November 08, 2012, 07:08:04 PM »

That's the stoopidest map I've ever seen.

There's no friggin' way that Idaho would throw in with WA/OR/CA.

Nor would Montana have anything in common with Ohio.

And TX surrendering to MX?   :rofl:

AZ/NM/parts of CA become Aztlan.
WA/OR/parts of CA/NV become a western nation.
ID/MT/WY/UT/CO/ND/SD become their own nation.
OH/IL/MI are lacky Unionist stooge-states to the New England corridor, and will go wherever PA goes.  Indiana goes with them for lack of options.
TN/KY ain't gonna be ruled by a bunch of Yankee NYers if given a choice to go Southern.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

brimic

• friends
« Reply #213 on: November 08, 2012, 07:10:14 PM »
The guy had the concept right if he didn't  understand the regional politics.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #214 on: November 08, 2012, 07:13:44 PM »
In other words, you're not so big on freedom of association and property rights?  And agree with fed.gov when it uses violence to abridge them?  You have lots of company, these days.  It does seem the fashionable position to stake out.

For my part, I favor the old-school virtues and liberties of mercantile republicanism over the new-fangled values of statist identity polics.  I generally don't support having agents of the gov't shoot folks in the face for making decisions about their property and associations I may find distasteful (or disagree with from a practical standpoint). 

I also value minding my own business and not sticking my nose into others' business.

Last, discrimination gets a bad rap.  We all do it every day, many times a day.  Saying one doesn't discriminate is akin to saying one doesn't think, as discrimination is at the root of conscious thought.

I've been beating this drum for a while. As Balog writes, words have meaning. Discrimination has been broadly reinterpreted, supplanting the appropriate term, bigotry. Continued application of prejudice in the face of contrary evidence is the problem, not assumptions based on observation and evidence which can be overridden when warranted.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

DustinD

• I have a title
  • friends
  • I have a personal text message
« Reply #215 on: November 08, 2012, 07:21:21 PM »
So am I allowed to pick where I work based on a companies politics?
"I don't always shoot defenceless women in the face, but when I do, I prefer H-S Precision.

Stay bloodthirsty, my friends."

- Lon Horiuchi

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #216 on: November 08, 2012, 07:23:38 PM »
SC with the northeast and EU?

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

SOME of the chunks are kinds close, but the boarders are way off.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #217 on: November 08, 2012, 07:25:39 PM »
So am I allowed to pick where I work based on a companies politics?

I do.

I just left an employer for it.  I felt that my prior employer (Northcentral University, a for-profit online university owned by Quicken Loan Group) was a sham of a university and catered to the worst possible batch of student-candidates, while milking the only currently functioning full-throttle-government-teat-spigot left, the Stafford Loan system.  

They no longer enjoy my skillset, and I told them they are not eligible to employ my services in the future upon my exit interview.  When asked why, I told them exactly why.
--Lysander Spooner

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #218 on: November 08, 2012, 07:34:48 PM »
The guy had the concept right if he didn't  understand the regional politics.

No, he didn't get the concept, either. He wrote up a map that devides the US under foreign powers.

He failed to understand that it will be a cold day in hell before most of that map acknowledges such powers.

The northeast might fall to european or canadian intrests. And the west coast might be held by China or Russia under miltary rule, but the rest is just not feasible.

The midwest will go it's own way, as will Texas and most of the South.

They have the will and the means to do so. Or at least they have enough of an ornery streak to die trying.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

lysander6

• Ragnaroks!
  • Gun Control is Mind Control.
    • ZeroGov
« Reply #219 on: November 08, 2012, 07:38:54 PM »
The Russian map is off not only in the divisions but the Russian automatically assumes foreign influences would immediately evidence themselves yet we see no such thing in the former USSR -stan brothers that calved off nor in the three Baltic states in the west.  Same applies to the independent former eastern bloc countries.

There is a 2.5 million square kilometer massif called Zomia in SE Asia that is essentially a "state-repellent" zone.  If only we could import that.

The professor simply did not have the cultural IQ to know where the fault lines and political fissures are in the US.

AZR is right, as a former ID resident, they would never truck with federating with the Ecotopians, there is Marxism in the Pacific Ocean and somewhat explains the aberrant behavior.
" Of every One-Hundred men, Ten shouldn't even be there,
Eighty are nothing but targets,
Nine are real fighters...
We are lucky to have them...They make the battle,
Ah, but the One, One of them is a Warrior...
and He will bring the others back."

- Heraclitus (circa 500 BC)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #220 on: November 08, 2012, 07:41:41 PM »
Yeah, that map looked to be drawn more for an equal geometry than for fact. His concepts are worthwhile discussion, but his grasp of our interstate (and intrastate) politics are quite a bit askew (or again, he drew the map partially based on area or something). Idaho, and Utah for that matter, would never split off with CA. The Southwest chunk of NV might, but then you'd also have Eastern OR and Eastern WA looking to secede to whatever ID, MT, WY, etc. would become.

Whatever that Redoubt state guy's name is, I don't agree with a lot of his political philosophy, but he understands the political and cultural aspects West of the Rockies better than the Russian does, at least from a map drawing point of view.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #221 on: November 08, 2012, 07:51:15 PM »
Also, I doubt such a split would fallout entirely on current state lines.

Many states have cities with a large population spread that would probably split from the rest of the state, or be discarded by it.
States have seperated before. My own was once much larger then it is now.
 ;)
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

longeyes

• friend
« Reply #222 on: November 08, 2012, 07:58:05 PM »
This conversation reminds me of this http://www.libertarianrepublican.net/2012/11/the-end-of-liberty-in-america-only.html

Longeyes: it's really easy to talk about starting a war on the internet.

I was talking about the possibility--and viability--of secession.  Read carefully.   I have never advocated war or revolution. I have talked about activism or a sober decision to separate.  If war arose from that it would be precipitated by the other side.

I think you have to come to terms with the fact that there is already a war going on. In fact it started at least 50 years ago. And it is against people like us.
"Domari nolo."

Thug: What you lookin' at old man?
Walt Kowalski: Ever notice how you come across somebody once in a while you shouldn't have messed with? That's me.

Molon Labe.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #223 on: November 08, 2012, 08:41:03 PM »

Somebody suggested this as a serious possibility?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #224 on: November 08, 2012, 08:55:50 PM »
there is Marxism in the Pacific Ocean and somewhat explains the aberrant behavior.

:lol:

It's a fracking shame, too... assuming people didn't suck up there, the Olympic Peninsula would be my ideal home.  Or one of the islands in the Sound.  Vashon, Orcas... something with some small town charm to it.
--Lysander Spooner