Author Topic: another drone attack foiled by American shotgunners! ( we've seen this movie b4)  (Read 15299 times)

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/local/Flying-Camera-From-Animal-Rights-Group-Shot-Down-at-Pigeon-Shoot-Cops-179983451.html?dr

:laugh: :laugh: :cool: :cool: =D =D =D

Those idiot stalkers didn't learn their lesson the last time and sent a drone to harass guys with shotguns.
<insert simpsons character saying HA HA!>
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

ArfinGreebly

• Level Three Geek
  • friend

SHARK claimed “a single sharp rifle crack rang out,” in a press release sent out on Monday.

Rifle?

Probably one of those high-powered, long-range, sniper rifle shotguns.
"Look at it this way. If America frightens you, feel free to live somewhere else. There are plenty of other countries that don't suffer from excessive liberty. America is where the Liberty is. Liberty is not certified safe."

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Artards.

Can't count, either.

SHARK began to use an “Octocopter,” a remote controlled flying machine with a high tech video camera, to secretly record the pigeon shoots as they happen.

Six props does not an Octocopter make.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

SADShooter

• friend
Zig maneuver when zag maneuver was called for. Consequences: predictable. =D
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Uh, trespassing, anyone?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
Artards.

Can't count, either.

Six props does not an Octocopter make.

That's not the one the guy made out of a cat, is it? >:D
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

erictank

• friends
Uh, trespassing, anyone?

Depends on altitude, maybe, but yeah. Not feeling a whole lot of sympathy for the anti-hunting group.  Like, any.

Send an expensive flying object into an area you suspect "inhumane" shooting at aerial targets? Congrats - you just provided a HUMANE aerial target, over your opponents' own property! And then SHARK has the gall to COMPLAIN about it? They ought to thank whatever deity they care to name that they haven't been charged!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
Will nobody say anything nice about how SHARK is struggling to keep Taiwanese workers at full employment?

Well, the Taiwanese and the FedEx drivers who keep delivering new robocopters to them.

If I were Wing Point I would advertise the next pigeon shoot as being clothing optional.  Heck, it only has to be announced among the shooters.  Let SHARK put a camera in the air and every one of them gets to be a registered sex offender for Xmas.  (I'm pretty sure they could find someone among the shooters who would be willing to drop the flap of their union suit.)

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

drewtam

• friend
Rifle?

Oh goodness. The new 007 movie, Skyfall did this.

The only thing we have left is your father's old hunting rifle...
Useless character hands James Bond an ornate side by side shotgun:facepalm:
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Oh goodness. The new 007 movie, Skyfall did this.
Useless character hands James Bond an ornate side by side shotgun:facepalm:

I thought it was a big-game side-by-side, like a .375 H&H or possibly even bigger.  Cartridges were brass, IIRC.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I find this highly highlarious.

On a serious note, it's disconcerting that the incident may be investigated as a crime (at least from the gun club side). At some point, with the prevalence of small UAV's, I expect some future legal battles to define people's property in three dimensions versus two regarding encroachments like this.

ETA: i should specify the "up" side of the third dimension, since we already legally define vertically down for mineral, water, etc rights.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

drewtam

• friend
I thought it was a big-game side-by-side, like a .375 H&H or possibly even bigger.  Cartridges were brass, IIRC.

OK, maybe I got confused by them messing around with the shotgun shells.

I recall one scene where it looked like brass being ejected. But I also recall a scene where he is loading shells in. But I was pretty bored with the movie, didn't like it at all, so I may have not paid too much attention.
I’m not saying I invented the turtleneck. But I was the first person to realize its potential as a tactical garment. The tactical turtleneck! The… tactleneck!

drewtam

• friend

Yup you are right.
http://andersonwheeler.co.uk/skyfall-edition/anderson-wheeler-skyfall-edition-james-bond-gun.html

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Wow, that's an obnoxiously one-sided article.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Bond had the big-game SxS rifle....the groundskeeper had a SxS shotgun that he sawed down for CQB....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
Rifle?

High capacity, full auto, heat seeking, single shot assault bolt action.

ETA: Next time they hold a pigeon shoot they need to have someone on stand by with a 10 gauge goose gun with a heavy hunting load. Make sure that drone can't limp home again.  >:D
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:19:44 PM by kgbsquirrel »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
How about a sound suppressed something?  Shoot it down, the SHARKS don't hear it and can't retrieve their video.  The drone just goes missing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
In Illinois harassing hunters is a felony.

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

41magsnub

• friend
  • Don't make me assume my ultimate form!
On a related note, this reminds me of this video which I seriously would love to try some day!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CLLAKnVej9o

roo_ster

• friend
High capacity, full auto, heat seeking, single shot assault bolt action.

ETA: Next time they hold a pigeon shoot they need to have someone on stand by with a 10 gauge goose gun with a heavy hunting load. Make sure that drone can't limp home again.  >:D

my thought exactly
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
I expect some future legal battles to define people's property in three dimensions versus two regarding encroachments like this.

You already don't have the right to the airspace over your property. I can fly over your property all I want in an airplane, and the only thing regulating me is the FARs dealing with how low I'm allowed to fly.

So far it hasn't really been a high profile legal issue. As mentioned, with the cheap RC vehicles with cameras mounted that we have these days, and stuff like this, that may change.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
You already don't have the right to the airspace over your property. I can fly over your property all I want in an airplane, and the only thing regulating me is the FARs dealing with how low I'm allowed to fly.

So far it hasn't really been a high profile legal issue. As mentioned, with the cheap RC vehicles with cameras mounted that we have these days, and stuff like this, that may change.

Never said you could not fly over.  But there are privacy laws that regulate how much detail you can get from your camera - especially if there are people in the picture.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.

That will be the sticking point....how much altitude over one's property is under the property owner's control & privacy. A reasonable compromise would be 500 feet over the tallest structure, IMHO.....out of range of most shotguns & RC planes....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
whats the effective range of "dragons breath" rounds? and does the coptor record on board or transmit?
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

roo_ster

• friend
whats the effective range of "dragons breath" rounds? and does the coptor record on board or transmit?

DB is way too short.

Can record, transmit, or both.  Generally, better quality video is recorded on-board and reviewed later.
Regards,

roo_ster

----G.K. Chesterton