Author Topic: Firearms Nomenclature  (Read 6355 times)

red headed stranger

• friend
Re: Firearms Nomenclature
« Reply #25 on: January 12, 2013, 08:31:28 PM »
Self-loading is a term already in use and isn't as scary. 

But it doesn't really matter. Whatever term is used with either be demonized of conflated with something else.  Moreover, lots of antis consider ignorance of firearms (or at least the appearance thereof) a matter of pride.  As someone else noted in another thread, these terminology conflations are a kind of shibboleth for the antis. 
Those who learn from history are doomed to watch others repeat it

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #26 on: January 12, 2013, 08:47:00 PM »
Here's one that one of my shooting buddies and I put together for the company newsletter. He did the bullet's bit, I did the magazines.

I just want flyers of this to start handing out when people mess those things up.
I'll probably get in trouble, because I'll be handing it to plenty of gun owners as well as non gun owners. :facepalm:

A thought just occured to me. What if someone could convince a criminal orginazation to use really oddball guns with really wacky designs in their activities. I think the resulting media discriptions of those weapons would be hystarical. >:D

Like a Nambu 8 mm Pistol/sword combo...

:rofl:
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2013, 12:02:09 AM »
Someone failed the color discernment sections of the IQ test, huh?  :P

What does color have to do with it? Whether or not you realize it, you have a chart -- or, if you prefer, a spreadsheet. Spreadsheets are laid out with columns that have headings, which are supposed to describe what the entries below represent. Your first entry under "Cartridge Type" is "Bolt Action."

Trying to use colors as a way to make a two-dimensional chart present three-dimensional information is confusing -- which is why I said I don't understand it. I don't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design