Author Topic: 'Adventurous Human Women' Needed... as petrie dishes for neanderthal cloning  (Read 4404 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2265402/Adventurous-human-woman-wanted-birth-Neanderthal-man-Harvard-professor.html?ito=feeds-newsxml

Whack-a-doodle wants to bring Neanderthals back.  And wants to use a human uterus as the growth environment.

The resulting offspring would be... human?  Animal?  Held in a zoo?  Confined to a laboratory complex?  Cared for by his mother for the rest of his life?  Legal status of sentient non-homo-sapiens is not established, and this would be homo-neanderthalensis.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

mtnbkr

• friend
Are you that desperate for a date? ???

Chris

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Mankind had finally advanced to the point that we are able to reverse the process of evolution  =D
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Doggy Daddy

• Poobah
  • friend
  • From the saner side of Las Vegas
Mankind had finally advanced to the point that we are able to reverse the process of evolution  =D

So, this is the first you've heard of Daily Kos  ???  ;/
Would you exchange
a walk-on part in a war
for a lead role in a cage?
-P.F.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
i've married twice and turned down 2 other opportunities so they will get takers on that offer
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
Need to come to my house and see my kid if they want to see the product of a human woman and Neanderthal man
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
Neanderthals might think differently than we do. They could even be more intelligent than us.

I for one welcome our new Neanderthal overlords.   :angel:
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
I for one welcome our new Neanderthal overlords.   :angel:

Maybe we could use them to replace our current crop of congresscritters, it couldn't get any worse. ???
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

HankB

• friend
This is a NEW program?  ???

I've been to some parts of Chicago where . . .

Never mind.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
The Neanderthals didn't exactly go extinct. The genes in our own DNA show that while they disappeared as a species, they were assimilated and absorbed into the neolithic Homo Sapiens populations of Eurasia. Possibly their largest long-term contribution was a particular gene relating to our immune systems, and since these were concentrated in the European end of the land-mass, and to a lesser degree on the Asian end, it may well have played a role in the more disastrous elements of European contact with the Western hemisphere in regards to disease.

And their stone tools, the flaking geometry and construction methods were often more intricate than some comparable Homo Sapiens tools. The flint knapping techniques were more complex. The "Smarter" Homo Sapiens may have figured out easier ways to do some things, and passed this along, but the skill required in some Neanderthal tools was greater. Judging by tools alone, they may not have been as "smart" as Homo Sapiens, but only for doing it "the hard way".

Other theories that believed Neanderthals didn't have "Religion", or "Art", have been proven wrong, with finding archaeological indications of funerary rites/offerings, and jewelry/decorations...

The complex tools, the decorations and signs of other complex cultural activities makes the last idea that they didn't have a similar language faculty as Homo Sapiens to convey all this information to each other difficult to believe too.

Meh.. I have a suspicion that the results might actually be underwhelming beyond physical appearance. Especially with no real way to socialize this prospective Neanderthal child in Neanderthal culture. Even then, I have to ask if it would be all that different, considering the genetic evidence is there that the populations were similar enough to interbreed as they did. I suppose one could theorize that it was all by force with no basis in cultural compatibility, with no real way to prove or disprove that archaeologically or paleologically, but it seems unlikely to me.

Considering that it's possible to socialize a gorilla into keeping a kitten as a pet, expressing it's grief when it died, and having the vocabulary (In American Sign Language) of a kindergartner, I don't think that if these researchers actually pull it off, they'll find something all that groundbreaking, other than the actual attempt and the birth of a viable Neanderthal child itself.
I promise not to duck.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
no real way to socialize this prospective Neanderthal child in Neanderthal culture

Just have him read the "Cave Bear" series  =)

Harold Tuttle

• Professor Chromedome
  • friend
"The true mad scientist does not make public appearances! He does not wear the "Hello, my name is.." badge!
He strikes from below like a viper or on high like a penny dropped from the tallest building around!
He only has one purpose--Do bad things to good people! Mit science! What good is science if no one gets hurt?!"

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager

And see the movie.  If I recall correctly, Darryl Hannah invents the missionary position.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
And see the movie.  If I recall correctly, Darryl Hannah invents the missionary position.

She was an Adventurous Human Woman   =)

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
I... Uhhh.... Wow...

someone really needs to send this guy all the movies where scentific discovery leads to death and dismemberment, and none of the scientist survive.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

zxcvbob

• friend
I... Uhhh.... Wow...

someone really needs to send this guy all the movies where scentific discovery leads to death and dismemberment, and none of the scientist survive.

"It's Alive" (1974) -- Newborn baby kills all the doctors and nurses in the delivery room and escapes through a ventilation shaft.  :D  I don't remember if it lived the the sewers afterwards or what. 

"It's good, though..."

Lee

• friend
I thought she was half fish.
Regardless...me like...trade fire for that.

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.

I thought OSHA and other nanny organizations already accomplished that?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
I think the genes are still in circulation. I went through boot camp with a fellow that could have been a model for Neanderthal man exhibits in any museum in the world. Hell of a nice guy.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
Yeah, but Larry, didn't you go through boot camp when Neanderthals were still around?

:rofl:
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

RoadKingLarry

• friends
Yeah, but Larry, didn't you go through boot camp when Neanderthals were still around?

:rofl:

Nah, They'd been gone a few years by 1980.

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
That would work until he realized women won't obey that proper hand signs. 

A couple of those books were really hard to read.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
I think the genes are still in circulation. I went through boot camp with a fellow that could have been a model for Neanderthal man exhibits in any museum in the world. Hell of a nice guy.

So, you had one of the "modern" Drill Sergeants?

Back in The Old Corps we had Skhuls and Qatzehs and liked it, whether we liked it or not.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

RoadKingLarry

• friends
So, you had one of the "modern" Drill Sergeants?

Back in The Old Corps we had Skhuls and Qatzehs and liked it, whether we liked it or not.

stay safe.

Nah, he was just another recruit. He had the bottom bunk I had the top. We got along pretty good kind of reminds me now of Bubba from Forrest Gump. He could scratch his knees with out bending over.

Samuel Adams