Author Topic: Reminder... Walking Dead is back tonight...  (Read 5264 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Reminder... Walking Dead is back tonight...
« on: February 10, 2013, 01:34:47 AM »
Be there or be a zombie.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
Re: Reminder... Walking Dead is back tonight...
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2013, 01:36:14 AM »
That's right!  Zombies are a comin'!
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2013, 01:59:47 AM »
Just watched a lot of the marathon while puttering around, really looking forward to seeing the gov get his just desserts.
How many episodes do we have to watch before he become zombie chow? [popcorn]
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

kgbsquirrel

• APS Photoshop God
  • friend
  • Bill, slayer of threads.
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2013, 10:12:43 AM »
Just watched a lot of the marathon while puttering around, really looking forward to seeing the gov get his just desserts.
How many episodes do we have to watch before he become zombie chow? [popcorn]

At least 8.7. Pass the popcorn, please.  [popcorn]

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2013, 12:11:16 PM »
Oh, thank you for the reminder. How was it that the last episode ended?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

HankB

• friend
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2013, 01:07:59 PM »
Oh, thank you for the reminder. How was it that the last episode ended?
Michonne kills the Governor's zombie daughter, sticks glass in his eye during a fight; Andrea rescues him. Daryl stays behind to talk to his brother Merle, but gets captured; governor condemns them both. The story ends with a battle in the offing between Rick’s group and the Governor's.

Not to change the subject, but did anyone notice that on SyFy there's a new Battlestar Galactica TV movie on tonight, too?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
  • Floyd Rose is my homeboy
    • My Book
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2013, 01:15:58 PM »
Wat? New galactica????
Fitz

---------------
I have reached a conclusion regarding every member of this forum.
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:
You are all awful people. I mean this *expletive deleted*ing seriously.

-MicroBalrog

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2013, 01:25:43 PM »
Oh. Blood and chrome. Yeah. I'm stoked about this. I thought it was gonna be online only, though.
Fitz

---------------
I no longer respect any of you. I hope the following offends you as much as this thread has offended me:

-MicroBalrog

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2013, 01:32:26 PM »
Oh. Blood and chrome. Yeah. I'm stoked about this. I thought it was gonna be online only, though.

I like Blood and Chrome better than the 2004 remake. Les weird soap operish drama, lots more action!
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

MrsSmith

• I do declare, someone needs an ass whoopin'
  • friend
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2013, 07:20:51 PM »
Since I decided to go with Netflix instead of cable in the new place, I'll be missing Walking Dead tonight. It's really the ONLY show I'll miss. Y'all enjoy it!

:'(
America is at that awkward stage; It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. ~ Claire Wolfe

Fitz

• Face-melter
  • friend
    • My Book
« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2013, 07:34:26 PM »
Since I decided to go with Netflix instead of cable in the new place, I'll be missing Walking Dead tonight. It's really the ONLY show I'll miss. Y'all enjoy it!

It is available on amazon instant video the day after airing. That's how me and amanda have been watching it
Fitz

---------------

-MicroBalrog

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2013, 07:59:37 PM »

As Fitz noted, it's available on Amazon Instant Video the day after it airs. Did you end up going with the Ruku box? If so, there should be an app for it just like there is one for Netflix.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009QW7HMC/ref=atv_dp_season?ie=UTF8&redirect=true

They also do this with multiple other shows, should there be others you find yourself missing. Plus, you buy um you own um so you can rewatch whenever you're so inclined.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »
No episode discussion?

Wow.

I thought now that everyone except Rick and Carl are either captured, dead, or zombies, there would be an active discussion...

PSYCH!

Or is it?
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #13 on: February 11, 2013, 10:37:12 AM »
Mike,

Lori's ghost is haunting Rick, so even when dead, she's STILL causing trouble for the group!

By the way . . . why did Glen & the others put their rifles in the back of the SUV before they got in? Still working under the old "guns in the rearmost portion of the vehicle" rule?
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #14 on: February 11, 2013, 11:53:38 AM »
Rick is slowly going nutzo, seeing ghosts.  An increasing inability to deal with change.  
This is gonna bite him.  
Some of the new people seem OK -- save the one who babbled about surviving at all costs trying to convince them to overpower the two guards.
That guy is gonna be a problem no matter.
And the Townspeople have seen "the wolf has come down from the north and (their)... fat little town is safe no longer" and are threatening to leave.  The governor ain't gonna like this.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:02:38 PM by TommyGunn »
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #15 on: February 11, 2013, 12:04:05 PM »
Maybe it's because of the mid-season break, but I thought the episode was a little boring. I read somewhere that the guy Rick gave the radio to (forgot his name - the black guy with the son) in the first episode of the series, was spotted in a crowd shot in the town. Don't know if that's accurate or not. Will be interesting if true.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #16 on: February 11, 2013, 12:13:18 PM »
Tangential to HankB's point on gunhandling, I am bemused by the number of full auto weapons, and the seemingly profligate expenditure of ammo in the town firefights by people conditioned to using bows and farm implements because guns & ammo were previously scarce. =|
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #17 on: February 11, 2013, 12:21:27 PM »
Tangential to HankB's point on gunhandling, I am bemused by the number of full auto weapons, and the seemingly profligate expenditure of ammo in the town firefights by people conditioned to using bows and farm implements because guns & ammo were previously scarce. =|

At this point I would not be surprised they've picked those up from dead National Guard & other military.  Some wonder why they weren't seen earlier.
I wouldn't mind a FA gun in that circumstance ... but I would certainly not be using it in FA mode unless I REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY had to.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

HankB

• friend
« Reply #18 on: February 11, 2013, 12:44:42 PM »
At this point I would not be surprised they've picked those up from dead National Guard & other military . . .
Wasn't there an episode last season where the Governor & his henchmen ambushed a group of National Guard or Army zombie apocalypse survivors, and came back to Woodbury with their vehicles, weapons, and supplies? (Michonne was looking at the bullet holes in a truck with a thoughtful expression . . . )

I still thought Rick & Co. were running low on ammo last season . . .

SADShooter

• friend
« Reply #19 on: February 11, 2013, 01:07:00 PM »
Wasn't there an episode last season where the Governor & his henchmen ambushed a group of National Guard or Army zombie apocalypse survivors, and came back to Woodbury with their vehicles, weapons, and supplies? (Michonne was looking at the bullet holes in a truck with a thoughtful expression . . . )

I still thought Rick & Co. were running low on ammo last season . . .

Right. When the Governor back-shot a soldier using a carbine with no rear sight. I still wouldn't assume the troops had piles of ammo after also fighting walkers for months.
"Ah, is there any wine so sweet and intoxicating as the tears of a hippie?"-Tamara, View From the Porch

Blakenzy

• friend
« Reply #20 on: February 11, 2013, 02:24:47 PM »
You can't get any ammo NOW. Think about what it will be like during the zombie apocalypse (it' coming, you know it is  [tinfoil]).

If you order a whole pallet of ammo, do they deliver it with a little forklift that rolls out of the back of the delivery truck? Maybe operated by a cat?
"Knowledge will forever govern ignorance, and a people who mean to be their own governors, must arm themselves with the power knowledge gives. A popular government without popular information or the means of acquiring it, is but a prologue to a farce or a tragedy or perhaps both"

Lee

• friend
« Reply #21 on: February 11, 2013, 08:57:08 PM »
Or just buy lots of cats - to toss to the zombies as you walk away.
What do those people eat anyway? The only people I see eating, are eating people. Dessert seems to be a bullet in the head.

TommyGunn

• friend
« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2013, 12:22:18 AM »
Or just buy lots of cats - to toss to the zombies as you walk away.
What do those people eat anyway? The only people I see eating, are eating people. Dessert seems to be a bullet in the head.

Last cat I bought cost me $92.00.
I think I'll stick to ammos and axes. . . . . . . . . [tinfoil] ;/

lupinus

• Southern Mod Trimutive Emeritus
  • friends
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2013, 05:11:20 AM »
What is this notion of "buy a cat" and what does it mean, exactly?

I was unaware such a thing existed.
That is all. *expletive deleted*ck you all, eat *expletive deleted*it, and die in a fire. I have considered writing here a long parting section dedicated to each poster, but I have decided, at length, against it. *expletive deleted*ck you all and Hail Satan.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2013, 09:52:28 AM »
They WERE running low on ammo, just before they took the prison.

Remember, though, that once they got a toehold, they talked about a number of tasks, including finding the prison armory.

That's where the automatic rifles (Maggie's M4) came from is my guess, along with the ammo to feed them, along with the tear gas, smoke, and flash bang grenades.

If the prison armory wasn't too badly cleaned out, they should be able to hold their own against the Governor.