Author Topic: "Enemies" trilogy free on Kindle in October  (Read 8292 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
"Enemies" trilogy free on Kindle in October
« on: October 14, 2013, 12:04:24 AM »
http://tslrf.blogspot.com/2013/10/download-matthew-bracken-books-for-free.html

Thank you, Mr. Bracken.  I own the paperbacks, but adding them to the e-library is certainly welcome.  Allows me to make room on the shelf for other things.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

Sergeant Bob

• friend
Re: "Enemies" trilogy free on Kindle in October
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2013, 12:15:21 AM »
Pretty awesome! I have the first book in paperback (the "aiplane" edition) and have been thinking about getting the trilogy for Kindle a only $4.99. This is even better!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2013, 04:19:59 AM »
Sweet! I've already got the trilogy on analog and I just finished the second book. Also apparently since I already own the first one on Kindle I can get a narrated version for only $1.99, and the narrated version will sync up to whatever page I'm on in Kindle.
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

"I see a rager at least once a week." - brimic

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2013, 05:27:05 AM »
Got EFD free already...will get the next ones as they arrive...
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2013, 09:00:05 AM »
EFAD in the queue!
Personally, I do not understand how a bunch of people demanding a bigger govt can call themselves anarchist.
I meet lots of folks like this, claim to be anarchist but really they're just liberals with pierced genitals. - gunsmith

I already have canned butter, buying more. Canned blueberries, some pancake making dry goods and the end of the world is gonna be delicious.  -French G

Pb

• friend
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2013, 12:52:40 PM »
How depressing is this book?  I don't know if I can stand to read this or not.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #6 on: October 14, 2013, 12:54:20 PM »
How depressing is this book?  I don't know if I can stand to read this or not.

I don't think they're depressing.  Significant heroism and courage in the face of ridonkulous odds.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

Tallpine

• friends
  • Grumpy Old Grandpa
« Reply #7 on: October 14, 2013, 04:32:13 PM »
We could only get EF&D free  =|
Freedom is a heavy load, a great and strange burden for the spirit to undertake. It is not easy. It is not a gift given, but a choice made, and the choice may be a hard one. The road goes upward toward the light; but the laden traveller may never reach the end of it.  - Ursula Le Guin

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #8 on: October 14, 2013, 05:19:38 PM »
We could only get EF&D free  =|

The others will be released at a later date.

From the link:  Novelist Matt Bracken's is going through a fit of generosity: "'I'm going to put each of my Enemies trilogy novels into the Amazon Kindle free download deal, starting with Enemies Foreign And Domestic next Monday, October 14. Then Domestic Enemies: The Reconquista on Monday the 21st, and Foreign Enemies And Traitors on October 28th."  His novels are great. I own the Enemies series paperback but would love to have it on Kindle. Now I think that will happen for free. Winning.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2013, 08:55:16 PM »
Today the second book is up for free. I got mine, did you get yours?
"so I ended up getting the above because I didn't want to make a whole production of sticking something between my knees and cranking. To me, the cranking on mine is pretty effortless, at least on the coarse setting. Maybe if someone has arthritis or something, it would be more difficult for them." - Ben

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
[propaganda] I'm doing my part! [/propaganda]

=D
--Lysander Spooner

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2013, 09:55:35 PM »
Today the second book is up for free. I got mine, did you get yours?

Thanks for bringing this to the top! I'd forgotten about it. Downloading now!

Ned Hamford

• friend
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2013, 09:59:56 PM »
Thanks for bringing this to the top! I'd forgotten about it. Downloading now!

Me Too, thanks for the reminder.
Improbus a nullo flectitur obsequio.

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2013, 09:56:48 PM »
Thanks for the reminder.  Got the second one.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2013, 11:09:40 PM »

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2013, 06:25:58 AM »
Thanks for the reminder.  Got the second one.

Ditto to both....
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Mannlicher

• Grumpy Old Gator
  • friend
  • The Bonnie Blue
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2013, 05:08:26 PM »
I passed up an opportunity to get these free.  Bracken has to eat, like the rest of us.  A couple bucks isn't going to break me.

Good books, and a good man.  I paid the going price.

Sergeant Bob

• friend
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2013, 08:44:46 PM »
I passed up an opportunity to get these free.  Bracken has to eat, like the rest of us.  A couple bucks isn't going to break me.

Good books, and a good man.  I paid the going price.

Good on ya! Matt is an alright guy (and boat builder) and deserves a little recognition (Sometimes that comes with money!).

Frequented this board for a while (partly to promote his first book, which is OK by me). Does anyone know if he's still over on THR?

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2013, 12:42:29 AM »
Bump!

Be sure to get #3 this week.
--Lysander Spooner

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2013, 07:14:42 AM »
Bump!

Be sure to get #3 this week.
Good till Thursday.  I had already purchased and read the series.
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

freakazoid

• friend
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2013, 01:22:59 PM »
Got my copy. :cool:

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2013, 03:43:09 PM »

Reading the third book. This is the ultimate in the archtype or stereotype of righty whitey fears. You have everything from China fearmongering to UN fearmongering to gold fanaticism to North American Union to SHTFTEOKAILAKAWANNA to race wars to Atzlan to black president to gun confiscation. It's insanely interesting, as the purest form of the stereo of "white dude's fears". It's packed to the gills with hobby horse white dude phobias.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2013, 03:45:13 PM »
Reading the third book. This is the ultimate in the archtype or stereotype of righty whitey fears. You have everything from China fearmongering to UN fearmongering to gold fanaticism to North American Union to SHTFTEOKAILAKAWANNA to race wars to Atzlan to black president to gun confiscation. It's insanely interesting, as the purest form of the stereo of "white dude's fears". It's packed to the gills with hobby horse white dude phobias.

I love the mongols.   =D
--Lysander Spooner

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
Re: Re: Re: "Enemies" trilogy free on Kindle in October
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 03:46:15 PM »

Yabbut...it.was still.awesome
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

RevDisk

• friend
    • RevDisk.net
Re: Re: Re: "Enemies" trilogy free on Kindle in October
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 03:52:59 PM »
Yabbut...it.was still.awesome

It is, and it's also insightful from a sociological perspective on irrational fears of certain demographics.
"Rev, your picture is in my King James Bible, where Paul talks about "inventors of evil."  Yes, I know you'll take that as a compliment."  - Fistful, possibly highest compliment I've ever received.