Author Topic: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down  (Read 19349 times)

Jamisjockey

• Booze-fueled paragon of pointless cruelty and wanton sadism
  • friend
  • Your mom sends me care packages
Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #125 on: May 19, 2015, 07:24:37 PM »
I didn't know Deselby was Mr. Apperson's atty

http://news.yahoo.com/shooter-fixated-george-zimmerman-police-report-says-153412039.html

"Mr. Apperson behaved appropriately for anybody who has been threatened by Mr. Zimmerman," LaFay said."Mr. Zimmerman isn't known for his calm, collective reasoning."
JD

The price of a lottery ticket seems to be the maximum most folks are willing to risk toward the dream of becoming a one-percenter. “Robert Hollis”

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #126 on: May 19, 2015, 08:02:40 PM »
I didn't know Deselby was Mr. Apperson's atty

http://news.yahoo.com/shooter-fixated-george-zimmerman-police-report-says-153412039.html

"Mr. Apperson behaved appropriately for anybody who has been threatened by Mr. Zimmerman," LaFay said."Mr. Zimmerman isn't known for his calm, collective reasoning."

I didn't realise that all the "wait for the facts!  Ccw presumed innocent!" Business only applied to some people.

It's a realistic defense.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
« Reply #127 on: May 19, 2015, 10:11:40 PM »
Well... wherever there's Leftism, there's often genocide.

We should do something about that, before it gets out of hand.

AJ wins teh innernets, again!
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #128 on: May 20, 2015, 09:44:42 AM »
I didn't realise that all the "wait for the facts!  Ccw presumed innocent!" Business only applied to some people.

Yeah, it's a realistic defense.  But it's also complete BS and we all know it. 

Also, you don't get to lecture us on waiting for the facts.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #129 on: May 20, 2015, 07:38:27 PM »
Yeah, it's a realistic defense.  But it's also complete BS and we all know it. 

Also, you don't get to lecture us on waiting for the facts.

See what I mean?  Zimmerman worship.
"Human existence being an hallucination containing in itself the secondary hallucinations of day and night (the latter an insanitary condition of the atmosphere due to accretions of black air) it ill becomes any man of sense to be concerned at the illusory approach of the supreme hallucination known as death."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #130 on: May 20, 2015, 09:48:11 PM »

At this time, the only verifiable facts are that Apperson fired a shot into Zimmerman's vehicle.  Admitted it to the cops.  To get self defense, he has to show Zimmerman did something to warrant deadly force.  Unless he has witnesses to back him up, he is going to have problems. 

Most other "facts" come from attorney statements on both sides. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #131 on: May 20, 2015, 09:56:42 PM »
Some injuries on the back of his head where Zimmerman attacked him and was slamming his head into the sidewalk might help.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re: Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #132 on: May 20, 2015, 10:58:43 PM »
See what I mean?  Zimmerman worship.
Please don't ever change. You're priceless.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #133 on: May 20, 2015, 11:07:24 PM »
See what I mean?  Zimmerman worship.
 =D

At this time, the only verifiable facts are that Apperson fired a shot into Zimmerman's vehicle.  Admitted it to the cops.  To get self defense, he has to show Zimmerman did something to warrant deadly force.  Unless he has witnesses to back him up, he is going to have problems.  

Most other "facts" come from attorney statements on both sides.  
There were some published pics of the bullet hole in the window of Zimmerman's ride.  That glass is tinted so dark I can't imagine how Apperson expects anyone to believe his story about seeing Zimmerman inside pointing a gun.

Not sure that qualifies as a fact, but it has me convinced.

Mak posted one such pic early in the thread:
http://www.armedpolitesociety.com/index.php?topic=48230.msg982656#msg982656

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #134 on: May 21, 2015, 12:17:44 AM »
Hmmm, let's argue the facts councilor.

Mr. Zimmerman's vehicle has a bullet hole in the side window.   Mr. Apperson's vehicle has no damage.

Mr. Zimmerman, by all accounts, attempted to de-escalate the situation by breaking contact via a U-turn.   Mr. Apperson then did the same and sped up to catch Mr. Zimmerman and then put a bullet through his vehicle.

The one telling fact, and it's kind of like the dog that didn't bark.   I haven't seen nor heard mention of Mr. Zimmerman possessing a firearm in his vehicle.  Curious that.  I would think that had Mr. Zimmerman gone and brandished a firearm, the police would have recovered it at the scene, on his person, or in his truck.   Which leads me to believe as to why he wasn't charged.  Hard to brandish something you don't have.

Again, it's not "Zimmerman worship", but there is the curious fact that people who get their CCW/LTC/CWP are generally law-abiding.  And even afterwards remain so.  Therefore, when one who has such a permit has to use it, the general default option is to side the law-abiding citizen.  Now that doesn't work in every case, but in the vast majority.  Even to the point that sworn LE officers commit crimes at a rate many times that of permit holders.

It's also being able to analyze the facts (as presented via a variety of media outlets), and drawing a conclusion.   In this case, the the consensus of this board, was Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck, however, once he was assaulted by Martin, he had every right to defend himself. 

In other cases, we have provided our opinions on a variety of cases, and as more facts came to light, changing our opinion.  (e.g. me and the Ferguson event.)  I do try to avoid making a knee-jerk decision and having to back track later.  There is nothing harder then admitting you made a mistake, and owning up to it.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not Anti-Cop.  Many of my former soldiers get up, put on the uniform, and go out to try to keep us safe.  And I know that each one knows how much I and SFC Craft would be disappointed in them, should they violate some citizens rights and/or the oath they swore to uphold. 

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

cassandra and sara's daddy

• friends
Re:
« Reply #135 on: May 21, 2015, 03:32:49 AM »
I think Apperson's history of crazy is going to play a serious role
It is much more powerful to seek Truth for one's self.  Seeing and hearing that others seem to have found it can be a motivation.  With me, I was drawn because of much error and bad judgment on my part. Confronting one's own errors and bad judgment is a very life altering situation.  Confronting the errors and bad judgment of others is usually hypocrisy.

by someone older and wiser than I

gunsmith

• I forgot to get vaccinated!
  • friend
  • I'm sorry, Dave. I'm afraid I can't do that.
Re: Re: Some folks can not take a hint to just calm down
« Reply #136 on: May 21, 2015, 09:02:22 AM »
Please don't ever change. You're priceless.

I know!!!!
OMG!!!
I was like really? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
Politicians and bureaucrats are considered productive if they swarm the populace like a plague of locust, devouring all substance in their path and leaving a swath of destruction like a firestorm. The technical term is "bipartisanship".
Rocket Man: "The need for booster shots for the immunized has always been based on the science.  Political science, not medical science."

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #137 on: May 21, 2015, 09:55:22 AM »
Be careful.  I went back and looked and I think most of the story of Zimmerman trying to move off came from either him or his lawyer.  Doesn't really change the shooter's delima though. 
Hmmm, let's argue the facts councilor.

Mr. Zimmerman's vehicle has a bullet hole in the side window.   Mr. Apperson's vehicle has no damage.

Mr. Zimmerman, by all accounts, attempted to de-escalate the situation by breaking contact via a U-turn.   Mr. Apperson then did the same and sped up to catch Mr. Zimmerman and then put a bullet through his vehicle.

The one telling fact, and it's kind of like the dog that didn't bark.   I haven't seen nor heard mention of Mr. Zimmerman possessing a firearm in his vehicle.  Curious that.  I would think that had Mr. Zimmerman gone and brandished a firearm, the police would have recovered it at the scene, on his person, or in his truck.   Which leads me to believe as to why he wasn't charged.  Hard to brandish something you don't have.

Again, it's not "Zimmerman worship", but there is the curious fact that people who get their CCW/LTC/CWP are generally law-abiding.  And even afterwards remain so.  Therefore, when one who has such a permit has to use it, the general default option is to side the law-abiding citizen.  Now that doesn't work in every case, but in the vast majority.  Even to the point that sworn LE officers commit crimes at a rate many times that of permit holders.

It's also being able to analyze the facts (as presented via a variety of media outlets), and drawing a conclusion.   In this case, the the consensus of this board, was Zimmerman should have stayed in his truck, however, once he was assaulted by Martin, he had every right to defend himself. 

In other cases, we have provided our opinions on a variety of cases, and as more facts came to light, changing our opinion.  (e.g. me and the Ferguson event.)  I do try to avoid making a knee-jerk decision and having to back track later.  There is nothing harder then admitting you made a mistake, and owning up to it.

Contrary to popular belief, I am not Anti-Cop.  Many of my former soldiers get up, put on the uniform, and go out to try to keep us safe.  And I know that each one knows how much I and SFC Craft would be disappointed in them, should they violate some citizens rights and/or the oath they swore to uphold. 

“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #138 on: May 21, 2015, 10:25:01 AM »

Ummm ... not to drag things out unnecessarily, no it isn't.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #139 on: May 21, 2015, 10:42:12 AM »
The overwhelming butthurt at the stupendous Narrative Collapse in the Zimmerman/Martin case has yet to heal over.

It has gotten to the point where a guy with papers to prove he is nuts and has harassed & stalked Zman chases after Zimmerman and shoots at him...and the assumption is that Zimmerman is the culprit.

Thing is, I would have no problem believing Zimmerman is a serial screw up with aggression issues and questionable judgement.  Lots of such folk out there.  But I need some data to back it up.  Data that doesn't disintegrate like toilet paper in the rain when details become known.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #140 on: May 21, 2015, 11:22:19 AM »
Oh hell... I'll just come out and say what Selby keeps implying he thinks we want to say.

Zimmerman's "win" was important for "good" CCW people and self-defense over "bad" thuggy ones, no matter the facts of the case! YEARRRGH!

SHINE MY SHOES BOY! JIM CROW JIM CROW!

Better now?
I promise not to duck.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #141 on: May 21, 2015, 11:35:13 AM »
IMO, the Zimmerman case was important, but mainly because the rule of law won the day in the end despite attempts to confuse the facts.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #142 on: May 21, 2015, 12:24:16 PM »
Oh hell... I'll just come out and say what Selby keeps implying he thinks we want to say.

Zimmerman's "win" was important for "good" CCW people and self-defense over "bad" thuggy ones, no matter the facts of the case! YEARRRGH!

SHINE MY SHOES BOY! JIM CROW JIM CROW!

Better now?

:lol:

IMO, the Zimmerman case was important, but mainly because the rule of law won the day in the end  despite attempts to confuse the facts.  The Media and racebaiters' best efforts to lynch Zimmerman

FTFY  ;)
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

De Selby

• friend
« Reply #143 on: May 22, 2015, 11:38:20 AM »
Dear lord of zimmerman,

Because you shot an unsavoury black person, will you please make all my fans who loved that shooting discount everything bad about the guy who just shot at me?

I know it's lame to obey rules like "don't chase feeling suspects!" and That I'm a party to a shooting, I just hope you'll recognise that shooting at  Hispanics like me is wrong.

Truth is lord, I pray that no accusation against me will ever come true again.  Can I throw a lottery or keno winner on there as well?

Thanks lord

Your humble black teen shooting ccw,

George Zimmerman

PS - after I kilt Trayvon by divine writ, I felt the lords presence at Kel Tec.  That there bible could be more obvious in leading our kind to automatic or at least pump weapons.

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2015, 11:42:36 AM »
See?

Doesn't it feel so much better when we can all cut to the chase like this?
I promise not to duck.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2015, 11:46:14 AM »
Who was "chas(ing) feeling (sic) suspects?"  :O   Was Zimmerman chasing Martin?  When did that happen?
He was trying to follow him for awhile ... but that doesn't really count as a "chase" IMHOI.
And since when has Trayvon Martin been presented as being particularly empathetic?  [tinfoil]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

Headless Thompson Gunner

• friend
« Reply #146 on: May 22, 2015, 11:56:36 AM »
Who was "chas(ing) feeling (sic) suspects?"  :O   Was Zimmerman chasing Martin?  When did that happen?
He was trying to follow him for awhile ... but that doesn't really count as a "chase" IMHOI.
And since when has Trayvon Martin been presented as being particularly empathetic?  [tinfoil]
Don't try to understand it rationally.  That's a trap.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #147 on: May 22, 2015, 05:49:45 PM »
Dear lord of zimmerman,

Because you shot an unsavoury black person, will you please make all my fans who loved that shooting discount everything bad about the guy who just shot at me?

I know it's lame to obey rules like "don't chase feeling suspects!" and That I'm a party to a shooting, I just hope you'll recognise that shooting at  Hispanics like me is wrong.

Truth is lord, I pray that no accusation against me will ever come true again.  Can I throw a lottery or keno winner on there as well?

Thanks lord

George Zimmerman

PS - after I kilt Trayvon by divine writ, I felt the lords presence at Kel Tec.  That there bible could be more obvious in leading our kind to automatic or at least pump weapons.

I think I'm usually pretty good at deciphering leftish "reasoning," but this is pretty far out there. Anyone care to translate?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #148 on: May 22, 2015, 06:13:35 PM »

You are aware, are you not, that Zimmerman shot Martin not because he was "an unsavoury black person" but because he was a young black person intent on smashing Zimmerman's head like a month-old Halloween pumpkin.

What "rules against chasing feeling subjects" would those be? I believe you are an attorney -- you must understand that an accusation of breaking some law or rule is invalid if the accuser can't cite the law or rule being broken. Where, exactly, does any law or rule say in writing that what Zimmerman did was not allowed? Zimmerman wasn't "chasing" Martin, he was trying to see where Martin went. Despite numerous attempts to claim that Zimmerman "disobeyed" the dispatcher when he went to look for Martin, the fact is that Zimmerman was already out of his vehicle looking for martin when the dispatcher told him, "You don't need to do that." In fact, he was on his way back to his vehicle when Martin jumped him. And he clearly wasn't in visual contact with Martin (as he would have been if he had been chasing him), since Martin was able to ambush him completely by surprise.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #149 on: May 22, 2015, 06:33:19 PM »
Dear lord of zimmerman,

Thanks lord

George Zimmerman

Don't you have some goats to harass?   You don't want those darned goats running across your bridge, do you?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.