Author Topic: Many here may never eat Doritos again  (Read 3793 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Many here may never eat Doritos again
« Reply #25 on: September 23, 2015, 05:29:38 PM »
Would you quit shooting if it was true?

Would you joke like that about children that were sexually abused, as opposed to murdered and chopped up?
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: September 23, 2015, 05:42:14 PM »

Would you joke like that about children that were sexually abused, as opposed to murdered and chopped up?

I asked the question first.

That being said, I can make a joke of about anything.
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

zxcvbob

• friend
"It's good, though..."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2015, 06:06:45 PM »
I don't care for Doritos, and there are other brands of potato chips that taste as good as Lay's and are less expensive, so I am relieved that this is one more thing I don't have to care about.

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2015, 08:06:49 PM »
Political message is whatever.

I, however, seriously question the claim that they are as tasty as the blaze orange dye that makes Doritos so good. *suspicious*

I shall have to buy a bag and find out.
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #30 on: September 23, 2015, 08:40:25 PM »
Political message is whatever.

I, however, seriously question the claim that they are as tasty as the blaze orange dye that makes Doritos so good. *suspicious*

I shall have to buy a bag and find out.

Sorry too late, would have cost you $10 or more for a bag if you were able to get them.

https://secure.itgetsbetter.org/page/-/doritos/updates.html

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #32 on: September 23, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #33 on: September 23, 2015, 09:59:56 PM »
I asked the question first.

OK, if you insist on trolling, then fine. If all known suppliers of commercially produced gunpowder were using tissue from aborted infants to produce said gunpowder, I would look into finding some alternate source, and maybe packing a cap-and-ball revolver.

Kind of a silly question, as there appear to be other sources of commercially-produced food, besides Pepsico products. And I suspect growing my own food would be a sight easier and safer than making gunpowder in the basement.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #34 on: September 23, 2015, 10:06:07 PM »
OK, if you insist on trolling, then fine. If all known suppliers of commercially produced gunpowder were using tissue from aborted infants to produce said gunpowder, I would look into finding some alternate source, and maybe packing a cap-and-ball revolver.

Kind of a silly question, as there appear to be other sources of commercially-produced food, besides Pepsico products. And I suspect growing my own food would be a sight easier and safer than making gunpowder in the basement.

Actually, making blackpowder in the basement is easier than growing your own food. :D  You're just kind of limited in what cartridges can use BP and still be effective (most revolver cartridges, shotgun shells, and .45-70, etc)
"It's good, though..."

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #35 on: September 23, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »

No sarcasm, but that's a pretty deep rabbit hole. It wasn't Pepsico, it was Senomyx with the HEK cells. In addition to Pepsico and Nestlé, Senomyx partners with Fermenich which appears to partner with the whole dang International Organization of the Flavor Industry. Depending on exactly how prolific the machines using the cells are in taste chemistry it's credible that no food with any artificial flavor at all hasn't been run through a company using the HEK cells. And I only trolled Google for about 10 min to find those connections. There may be more.

Now I'm neither telling you to ignore them or accusing you of hypocrisy, so please don't take offense. I know you and many on this board feel strongly about the issue of abortion and the use of embryonic  cells, and I have zero interest in starting THAT discussion. But the above question isn't as silly as it may seem at first glance. Embryonic cells are pretty versatile, have been available for research uses for some time, and are not necessarily so e thing you advertise the use of in your company. Boycott of all companies that use them even at one remove (as Pepsi's use) might well set up a boycott of a whole bunch of stuff.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2015, 10:57:59 PM »

Not trolling, just wondering how far you would go giving up things you strongly believe in for something else you strongly believe in.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #37 on: September 24, 2015, 12:14:40 AM »
Not trolling, just wondering how far you would go giving up things you strongly believe in for something else you strongly believe in.

Trolling.

So if all gunpowder was made by child sex slaves, would you quit shooting?

Or by Jews in concentration camps?

Or gay bisexual polar bear Nazi ISIS members?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 12:46:02 AM by fistful »

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #38 on: September 24, 2015, 12:15:23 AM »
No sarcasm, but that's a pretty deep rabbit hole. It wasn't Pepsico, it was Senomyx with the HEK cells.

Yes, that was mentioned above.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #39 on: September 24, 2015, 01:15:55 AM »

I'd shoot that powder.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: September 24, 2015, 05:54:47 AM »

Sure. Why not.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #41 on: September 24, 2015, 08:28:45 AM »
Trolling.

So if all gunpowder was made by child sex slaves, would you quit shooting?

Or by Jews in concentration camps?

Well figuring some of the clothing I wear is probably made by something similar to a child sex slave, I'd probably keep shooting.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #42 on: September 24, 2015, 08:32:11 AM »
Sure. Why not.

Yea, but nobody expects anything more from you  ;)
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #43 on: September 24, 2015, 08:36:15 AM »
Well figuring some of the clothing I wear is probably made by something similar to a child sex slave, I'd probably keep shooting.

If I knew of a manufacturer that was engaged in especially egregious practices I'd avoid them.

As far as Pepsico is concerned I avoid most of their junk anyway due to my attempts at eating healthy. I do have some pancake mix here that is from Aunt Jemima though. Once it is gone I'll go back to making them from scratch. The only reason I bought it was it was really on sale for a good price.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #44 on: September 24, 2015, 10:04:49 AM »
If I knew of a manufacturer that was engaged in especially egregious practices I'd avoid them.

As far as Pepsico is concerned I avoid most of their junk anyway due to my attempts at eating healthy. I do have some pancake mix here that is from Aunt Jemima though. Once it is gone I'll go back to making them from scratch. The only reason I bought it was it was really on sale for a good price.

Come on, Ron. Trying to avoid moral conflicts by not buying stuff? That is, like, so totally gay. [points and laughs]

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #45 on: September 24, 2015, 12:13:52 PM »
Actually, making blackpowder in the basement is easier than growing your own food. :D  You're just kind of limited in what cartridges can use BP and still be effective (most revolver cartridges, shotgun shells, and .45-70, etc)

I got pretty good results with Goex FFFg in .45ACP, and in 9mm it at least functioned for the 50 rounds I'd loaded.  Filthy afterward, but it worked fine.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #46 on: September 24, 2015, 02:01:23 PM »
I got pretty good results with Goex FFFg in .45ACP, and in 9mm it at least functioned for the 50 rounds I'd loaded.  Filthy afterward, but it worked fine.

I've used homemade black powder in .45 Colt and it worked pretty well.  I haven't tried it yet in .357 Magnum (more room for powder than .38 Special, and my .357's are stainless steel and the .38's are not.)  Next thing to try, if I ever get a round tuit, is 2 grains of Red Dot in the bottom of the case and fill to the top with compressed BP.  I want all the fire and smoke and BOOM drama, but it'd be nice if it burned cleaner -- the little bit of smokeless to quickly raise the pressure might help with that.
"It's good, though..."

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #47 on: September 24, 2015, 02:29:52 PM »
Yea, but nobody expects anything more from you  ;)

And they get that in spades.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #48 on: September 24, 2015, 03:22:25 PM »
I've used homemade black powder in .45 Colt and it worked pretty well.  I haven't tried it yet in .357 Magnum (more room for powder than .38 Special, and my .357's are stainless steel and the .38's are not.)  Next thing to try, if I ever get a round tuit, is 2 grains of Red Dot in the bottom of the case and fill to the top with compressed BP.  I want all the fire and smoke and BOOM drama, but it'd be nice if it burned cleaner -- the little bit of smokeless to quickly raise the pressure might help with that.

Tell me how that turns out, would you?
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #49 on: September 24, 2015, 03:24:31 PM »
Tell me how that turns out, would you?