Author Topic: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris  (Read 21952 times)

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Multiple Terrorist Attacks in Paris
« Reply #125 on: November 16, 2015, 10:37:35 PM »
A Paris style attack in the US would suck for everybody except the goat pokers responsible.
Look at what we lost after 9/11.
I really hope it doesn't come to it but in a way I'm surprised it hasn't happened already. The small scale attacks we have had so far have all been more or less brushed under the rug by the administration and the willing toadies in the main stream media and labeled as pretty much anything but "terrorist attack".
A Paris level attack would bring on stupidity that makes the Patriot Act look like a good idea.

It might depend on where it is, but you might see a different reaction by the "victims". 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hutch

• friend
« Reply #126 on: November 16, 2015, 11:07:19 PM »
As bad as a Paris-style attack would be here, my personal nightmare is a Beslan type of school assault and hostage situation. <shiver>.

The backlash would be horrendous, and the assault on our remaining liberties would be unrelenting.
"My limited experience does not permit me to appreciate the unquestionable wisdom of your decision"

Seems like every day, I'm forced to add to the list of people who can just kiss my hairy ass.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #127 on: November 16, 2015, 11:33:07 PM »
As bad as a Paris-style attack would be here, my personal nightmare is a Beslan type of school assault and hostage situation. <shiver>.

The backlash would be horrendous, and the assault on our remaining liberties would be unrelenting.

The backlash would be long overdue-we all know who the enablers of terrorist immigration are. The assault on our remaining liberties would be pointless- there already are a lot of really seething pissed off americans who will cross over the breaking point.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #129 on: November 17, 2015, 01:46:11 AM »
That's taking "Dindu Nuffin!" to a whole new level right there.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

vaskidmark

• National Anthem Snob
  • friends
  • WTF?
« Reply #130 on: November 17, 2015, 08:07:41 AM »

Anybody unsure about that just ask Putin.  He apparently has decided to lash back - Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/news/russia-responds-to-isis-with-banned-white-phosphorus-attack-video/#ixzz3rgnVZi3A

To understate the obvious - that stuff is nasty.  It probably will have little effect except on the radicalized islamist jihadists it actually touches but it seems like a much better feel-good response than Neville Obama's nuclear "Peace in our time" deal with Iran.

stay safe.
If cowardly and dishonorable men sometimes shoot unarmed men with army pistols or guns, the evil must be prevented by the penitentiary and gallows, and not by a general deprivation of a constitutional privilege.

Hey you kids!! Get off my lawn!!!

They keep making this eternal vigilance thing harder and harder.  Protecting the 2nd amendment is like playing PACMAN - there's no pause button so you can go to the bathroom.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #131 on: November 17, 2015, 09:01:11 AM »
Anybody unsure about that just ask Putin.  He apparently has decided to lash back - Read more: http://controversialtimes.com/news/russia-responds-to-isis-with-banned-white-phosphorus-attack-video/#ixzz3rgnVZi3A

To understate the obvious - that stuff is nasty.  It probably will have little effect except on the radicalized islamist jihadists it actually touches but it seems like a much better feel-good response than Neville Obama's nuclear "Peace in our time" deal with Iran.

stay safe.

I'm good with that. The russians don't *expletive deleted*ck around.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #133 on: November 17, 2015, 01:07:11 PM »

I fear you're right. Although I'm somewhat heartened by the "Shoot back, dammit!"-response that's been growing among the American public since the VT shooting.
I promise not to duck.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #134 on: November 17, 2015, 01:30:26 PM »
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/12000928/The-worlds-determination-to-defeat-Isil-is-a-myth.html

Why do I keep equating ISIS with the Mongols?
The western pundits seem to be concerned about 'territory' where ISIS isn't concerned about 'territory' or 'borders', but more about conquering/converting/killing and becoming stronger.
I agree with that article- the West doesn't have the political will to defeat ISIS, or anyone else for that matter.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #135 on: November 17, 2015, 01:51:34 PM »
I agree with that article- the West doesn't have the political will to defeat ISIS, or anyone else for that matter.

They sure seem willing to defeat you and me.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #136 on: November 17, 2015, 02:19:36 PM »

They sure seem willing to defeat you and me.
If people like you and I and a few dozen million people stood together, we could have that and a lot of other existential problems fixed by 8AM tomorrow.

Barack Obama

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #137 on: November 17, 2015, 02:36:41 PM »
If people like you and I and a few dozen million people stood together, we could have that and a lot of other existential problems fixed by 8AM tomorrow.

Yeah, but in so doing, we'd probably screw it all up by neglecting to include gendered, trans-racial voices of color as a part of the dialog, or something. Can't have that.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #138 on: November 17, 2015, 02:45:35 PM »

Yeah, but in so doing, we'd probably screw it all up by neglecting to include gendered, trans-racial voices of color as a part of the dialog, or something. Can't have that.
Well that would be one of those problems getting fixed in the process.

The lion tamers already know that we'd eat them for lunch if we figured out that they are helpless against our claws, teeth, and strength, its just a matter of enough of us figuring that out and taking it all back in a coordinated manner.

Barack Obama

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #139 on: November 17, 2015, 02:55:53 PM »
Another question Gun Talk Radio was talking about is for us personally:  Does concern over these events change what you are carrying on a daily basis?  Does it make you consider different guns?  More capacity?  More magazines?  A backup gun?  A truck gun?  Just thinking about changes you might make or things you wouldn't consider before that you are considering now.  

Yes and no.

Aloha Snackbar is probably not coming to my little neck of the woods.

We're new to carry here.  My carry practice is evolving.  Yes, I'm upsizing slightly, to carrying the XDS when possible, with the longer magazine in a carrier.

Truck gun?  In this neighborhood?  No.

One question I thought was interesting was if you were carrying and someone on a balcony with a rifle was shooting at people, could you shoot well enough to hit them?  Do you practice at longer ranges with your pistol?

I could probably make him duck.

In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #140 on: November 17, 2015, 03:15:38 PM »
http://controversialtimes.com/news/russia-responds-to-isis-with-banned-white-phosphorus-attack-video/#ixzz3rgnVZi3A

Following the now confirmed bombing of a Russian passenger plane by ISIS, Russia has taken the gloves off.

Meanwhile, Obama's golf gloves are still on.
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #141 on: November 17, 2015, 06:07:36 PM »
The backlash would be long overdue-we all know who the enablers of terrorist immigration are. The assault on our remaining liberties would be pointless- there already are a lot of really seething pissed off americans who will cross over the breaking point.

This.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #142 on: November 17, 2015, 06:15:53 PM »
Why do I keep equating ISIS with the Mongols?

The idiots making the comparison don't know the first thing about Mongol history.  To them,  the Mongols were some nebulus "bad people"  that came and went.  Not the world shattering force the crushed everything in their path with relative ease.

http://www.ibtimes.com/russia-france-anti-isis-fight-after-paris-attacks-russian-missile-cruiser-assist-2188378

Heard this on BBC news earlier.  Putin is way better at this game than any of our people currently playing.  This got press,  and it's the perfect "We're relevant, and look we're helping"  statement from the Russians.  All Obama managed to do was show up late to the moment of silence.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #143 on: November 17, 2015, 07:04:52 PM »
I fear you're right. Although I'm somewhat heartened by the "Shoot back, dammit!"-response that's been growing among the American public since the VT shooting.

Forty (out of around 600) school districts in Ohio are allowing concealed carry by staff members: http://www.buckeyefirearms.org/more-40-ohio-schools-authorize-and-train-teachers-carry-guns-protect-students-class. A good start anyway.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #144 on: November 17, 2015, 11:03:57 PM »
Another question Gun Talk Radio was talking about is for us personally:  Does concern over these events change what you are carrying on a daily basis?  Does it make you consider different guns?  More capacity?  More magazines?  A backup gun?  A truck gun?  Just thinking about changes you might make or things you wouldn't consider before that you are considering now.  

Definitely a couple of spare magazines for the 1911, and I may revert to carrying the Para-Ordnance double stack.

If I ever start casting my own bullets, I'll have to consider using bacon fat as lube ...
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #145 on: November 17, 2015, 11:40:44 PM »

If I ever start casting my own bullets, I'll have to consider using bacon fat as lube ...

Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #146 on: November 18, 2015, 11:45:16 AM »
^^^^^

That was started by a guy here in Spokane. He was the FNRA rep for the area until he got sick and could not work. With a wife and a passel of kids he needed something to bring home the bacon, so to say, so he started the ammo line. He would have a table at the local gunshows and did all right with it for a while. I am not sure how he is doing these days, I haven't seen him in a while.

http://www.khq.com/story/24199534/jihawg-ammo-owner-speaks

bob

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #147 on: November 18, 2015, 12:08:17 PM »
Meanwhile, Obama's golf gloves are still on.

No doubt made from kid leather.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #148 on: November 18, 2015, 03:09:37 PM »
No doubt made from kid leather.

Goat?  Or a little gift from Planned Parenthood?
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #149 on: November 18, 2015, 03:17:04 PM »
Goat?  Or a little gift from Planned Parenthood?

Oh no yoo didint!!