Author Topic: Prepare for President Trump  (Read 31996 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Re: Prepare for President Trump
« Reply #75 on: March 01, 2016, 06:44:56 PM »
They started getting killed in job lots under GWB.  Cant blame it all on BHO.

Why not? Obama blames it all on Bush.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #76 on: March 01, 2016, 08:03:42 PM »
They started getting killed in job lots under GWB.  Cant blame it all on BHO.

However, trying to dump that on Cruz is pure lunacy. 

By your post, I guess that means you want our military to charge in everywhere there is a Christian in need? 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
Re: Re: Prepare for President Trump
« Reply #77 on: March 01, 2016, 08:09:31 PM »
However, trying to dump that on Cruz is pure lunacy. 

By your post, I guess that means you want our military to charge in everywhere there is a Christian in need? 
Reading is fundamental.  Shelf your butthurt and re-read what i wrote before concluding that 2 plus 2 is 22.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Re: Prepare for President Trump
« Reply #78 on: March 01, 2016, 08:55:18 PM »
Reading is fundamental.  Shelf your butthurt and re-read what i wrote before concluding that 2 plus 2 is 22.
I read what your wrote.  You said this:
Well, we know for certain that Cruz will go full-Judas on Christians being slaughtered in the ME for the sake of 30 peices of silver his campaign donors' priorities and cash
By that I assume you think Trump would do something different?  

Getting tired of the whole, "The blind fool Trump supporters are angry, but I am making decisions based on logic & principle."  Hooey.
What is your "logic and principle" in this instance?  Where are you going with that first comment?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
Re:
« Reply #79 on: March 01, 2016, 09:24:42 PM »
Well,  Texans and Oklahomans are in the Cruz camp.  Maybe Rubio will drop out.  (Ha!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
Re:
« Reply #80 on: March 01, 2016, 10:32:07 PM »
Well,  Texans and Oklahomans are in the Cruz camp.  Maybe Rubio will drop out.  (Ha!)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Oklahoma is also in the Sanders camp. Shocked there.

Heard that Carson was not going to drop out, until he runs out of money. Nice to know how he views and spends other people's money.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

wmenorr67

• friend
Re:
« Reply #81 on: March 02, 2016, 07:41:45 AM »
Oklahoma is also in the Sanders camp. Shocked there.

They had to vote for someone, lesser of two evils and maybe thinking the best hope for the D's to get beat in November.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #82 on: March 02, 2016, 08:17:13 AM »
Okies have never been to fond of the Hillary.

On a positive note- Heard a report that we had a 48% voter turn out. Very good for a primary. Bodes well for the general.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #83 on: March 02, 2016, 08:30:17 AM »
Okies have never been to fond of the Hillary.

On a positive note- Heard a report that we had a 48% voter turn out. Very good for a primary. Bodes well for the general.

Just thought about that independents were allowed to vote if they wished, but only on the D side.  That probably pushed the Bernie vote some and bumped the turn out numbers.  I am an independent and didn't get out to vote this time around.  I think I have only voted in one primary my entire life and that was back home in KC to vote for a good family friend in the Sheriff's race.  Other than that unless there are other important things on the ballot I stay home on primary days.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #84 on: March 02, 2016, 08:35:15 AM »
Looks like Cruz picked up Alaska, too. Judging from the delegate counts, we've still got a long way to go.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

roo_ster

• Kakistocracy--It's What's For Dinner.
  • friend
  • Hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats
« Reply #85 on: March 02, 2016, 09:58:45 AM »
Top two in delegate count are Trump & Cruz.  We could do worse.
Regards,

roo_ster

“Fallacies do not cease to be fallacies because they become fashions.”
----G.K. Chesterton

seeker_two

• friend
  • In short, most intelligence is false.
Re: Re:
« Reply #86 on: March 02, 2016, 11:07:38 AM »
Heard that Carson was not going to drop out, until he runs out of money. Nice to know how he views and spends other people's money.

Now he's just being silly.....he doesn't even have enough delegates to play kingmaker.
Impressed yet befogged, they grasped at his vivid leading phrases, seeing only their surface meaning, and missing the deeper current of his thought.

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #87 on: March 02, 2016, 12:37:46 PM »
Now he's just being silly.....he doesn't even have enough delegates to play kingmaker.

IMO carson should never have run. he has nothing like the experience needed for the job and frankly I don't think he has the ideological chops either.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #88 on: March 02, 2016, 12:43:54 PM »
IMO carson should never have run. he has nothing like the experience needed for the job and frankly I don't think he has the ideological chops either.

Like that stopped the current occupant of the White House from being elected.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #89 on: March 02, 2016, 01:07:05 PM »
On another note, I already received another delusional e-mail from Marco Rubio this morning. Still claiming to be the one who can beat Trump, and now proclaiming himself to be the man to carry the torch of Lincoln and Reagan.

Seriously -- do the people who write e-mails like this think that people who have e-mail accounts don't watch or read news, and know that Marco basically got trounced in most states on Super Tuesday? The idiot won Minnesota. Beyond that, the best he could do was a close second place in Virginia and a poor second in Georgia.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2016, 07:09:57 PM by Hawkmoon »

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #90 on: March 02, 2016, 01:27:46 PM »
On another note, I already received another delusional e-mail from Marco Rubio this morning. Still claiming to be the one who can beat Trump, and now proclaiming himself to the the man to carry the torch of Lincoln and Reagan.

Seriously -- do the people who write e-mails like this think that people who have e-mail accounts don't watch or read news, and know that Marco basically got trounced in most states on Super Tuesday? The idiot won Minnesota. Beyond that, the best he could do was a close second place in Virginia and a poor second in Georgia.
Aren't a lot of these turkeys delusional?.......Really? [popcorn]
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #91 on: March 02, 2016, 01:47:42 PM »
On another note, I already received another delusional e-mail from Marco Rubio this morning. Still claiming to be the one who can beat Trump, and now proclaiming himself to the the man to carry the torch of Lincoln and Reagan.

Write back, and tell him you'll donate if he drops his campaign and agrees to be Cruz's VP... immediately.  =)
I promise not to duck.

Battle Monkey of Zardoz

• friends
  • A more Elegant Monkey for a more civilized Forum.
« Reply #92 on: March 02, 2016, 06:15:57 PM »

Why?  Are only certain folk able to run?  If Carson shouldn't have, then it's easy to say only career politicians need apply.
“We the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution but to overthrow the men who pervert the Constitution.”

Abraham Lincoln

With the first link the chain is forged. The first speech censored, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #93 on: March 02, 2016, 07:11:05 PM »
Aren't a lot of these turkeys delusional?.......Really? [popcorn]

Apparently so. I just came in from a meeting to find an equally delusional e-mail from the Cruz camp.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #94 on: March 02, 2016, 07:13:42 PM »
Apparently so. I just came in from a meeting to find an equally delusional e-mail from the Cruz camp.

Do you not have a spam folder on your email? because I think you need a spam folder for your email...
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

Jocassee

• Buster Scruggs Respecter
  • friends
  • "First time?"
« Reply #95 on: March 02, 2016, 11:06:47 PM »
Why?  Are only certain folk able to run?  If Carson shouldn't have, then it's easy to say only career politicians need apply.

I know I'm quoting Ace of Spades a lot here lately, but here it is:

I'm a poor student myself (bright, but a terrible student), but I still don't understand these guys who run for president without spending a month paying a few guys to brief them and tutor them.

And it would only take that long. It would take ten thousand dollars (nothing money for a presidential candidate) and a month, or six weeks. Congressional candidates have to bone up, after all, when they make the leap from local/state politics to national politics.

They're not geniuses, for God's sake. And yet they've either done some reading, or have gone through some kind of briefing boot-camp.

The only possible explanation for this failure to do basic homework, I think, is ego.

In my defense, Ace usually says what I'm thinking, but with better words.

Like Herman Cain before him, Carson was a victim of his own success.

BTW, I love both of them. Not just as people, as politicians too. They just chose not to learn what needed to be learned in order to hack it in the big leagues. Either of them probably would have been competitive for governor of a conservative state.
I shall not die alone, alone, but kin to all the powers,
As merry as the ancient sun and fighting like the flowers.

HankB

• friend
« Reply #96 on: March 03, 2016, 11:11:55 AM »
Top two in delegate count are Trump & Cruz.  We could do worse.
Just look at the last two elections for proof of that . . .
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #97 on: March 03, 2016, 11:40:01 AM »
Just look at the last two elections for proof of that . . .

2?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #98 on: March 03, 2016, 10:54:55 PM »
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #99 on: March 03, 2016, 11:07:14 PM »
Looks like he has now changed his position on the H1B visa:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/03/03/trump-softens-h1b-visa-policy-during-gop-debate.html?intcmp=hpbt1

I don't think he back-tracked nearly as much as Kasich's 180 on the rights of not-gay-crazy bakers.  :lol:
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife