Author Topic: Moar students in moar pain  (Read 3277 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Moar students in moar pain
« on: March 23, 2016, 09:08:55 PM »
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3506491/Emory-president-Students-scared-Trump-2016-chalk-signs.html

This is getting out of hand. Somebody sprayed a "TRUMP 2016" graffiti on campus, and students are "scared and in pain"? We're witnessing the arrival of a generation of unequaled wimpiness. If this isn't a joke, these students should be put in a rubber room somewhere and left to play with alphabet blocks.

I demand equal time. I want a "safe space" where I can be protected from any and all mention of the possibility of either Sanders or Clinton winning the presidency. The concept of either of them as President intimidates me ...
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:11:20 PM by Hawkmoon »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Moar students in moar pain
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 09:10:11 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing pussies just need to kill themselves and thus free themselves from the pain and anxiety that living in the world brings upon them.

« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 09:45:02 PM by Boomhauer »
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

TechMan

• Administrator
  • Yes, your moderation has been outsourced.
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2016, 10:02:20 PM »
Not spray paint, but *expletive deleted*ing chalk!
Hawkmoon - Never underestimate another person's capacity for stupidity. Any time you think someone can't possibly be that dumb ... they'll prove you wrong.

Bacon and Eggs - A day's work for a chicken; A lifetime commitment for a pig.
Stupidity will always be its own reward.
Bad decisions make good stories.

Viking - The problem with the modern world is that there aren't really any predators eating stupid people.

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2016, 10:13:01 PM »
You know I'm a generation X'er and if the millennial generation keeps this up, my whole generation is going to dominate that crap out them when the baby boomer finally leave the work force.

Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2016, 10:20:20 PM »
You know I'm a generation X'er and if the millennial generation keeps this up, my whole generation is going to dominate that crap out them when the baby boomer finally leave the work force.

Nope, there are enough wussificated X'rs that will side with the superwussificated millennials that any non-wussificated pushback will probably be a prosecutable offense.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2016, 10:31:49 PM »
Nope, there are enough wussificated X'rs that will side with the superwussificated millennials that any non-wussificated pushback will probably be a prosecutable offense.

Plenty of candy asses in the baby boomers, the strong will rule.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2016, 10:34:46 PM »
I wonder how much of it is really weakness, and how much is just doing what's fashionable, and how much of it is good-old fashioned whiney attention-seeking.

Not to say that it can't be all three.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2016, 10:40:57 PM »
I wonder how much of it is really weakness, and how much is just doing what's fashionable, and how much of it is good-old fashioned whiney attention-seeking.

Not to say that it can't be all three.

Weakness happens when an equal trophy is given out to everyone who showed up. You don't learn that there are winners and losers in life.

*edited, mind moves faster than the fingers
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 11:18:05 PM by charby »

Uranus is a gas giant.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2016, 11:12:48 PM »
Weakness happens when everyone gets a equal trophy is given out to everyone who showed up. You don't learn that there are winners and losers in life.

Therein lies the crux of the problem.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2016, 11:56:21 PM »
Weakness happens when an equal trophy is given out to everyone who showed up. You don't learn that there are winners and losers in life.

OK, but I think a lot of people are reacting not so much because they care about what was scribbled on the sidewalk, but because finding false grievances to complain about improves their status among their peers.

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2016, 07:36:24 AM »
Our country is in deep trouble.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Bacon is the candy bar of meats!

Only the dead have seen the end of war!

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2016, 08:34:33 AM »

OK, but I think a lot of people are reacting not so much because they care about what was scribbled on the sidewalk, but because finding false grievances to complain about improves their status among their peers.

gotcha, do it to be cool.

Uranus is a gas giant.

Phyphor

• friend
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2016, 09:21:22 AM »
I agree with fistful.  I do believe a lot of it is pretty much "go along to get along" type crap.

But for the ones who actually think like this, I still can't help but wonder what the precious whiny little cupcakes are going to do once they're out of college and in the real world where there are no safe spaces (outside ones home?)
"You know what's messed-up about taxes?
You don't even pay taxes. They take tax.
You get your check, money gone.
That ain't a payment, that's a jack." - Chris Rock "Bigger and Blacker"
He slapped his rifle. "This is one of the best arguments for peace there is. Nobody wants to shoot if somebody is going to shoot back. " Callaghen, Callaghen, Louis La'mour

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2016, 09:25:31 AM »
I have to wonder if the brittle, entitled fools at this school are the professors and administration.  I have a feeling most of the students don't give a damn.  The students that complained are part of the student body political groups. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #14 on: March 24, 2016, 10:01:17 AM »
I agree with fistful.  I do believe a lot of it is pretty much "go along to get along" type crap.

But for the ones who actually think like this, I still can't help but wonder what the precious whiny little cupcakes are going to do once they're out of college and in the real world where there are no safe spaces (outside ones home?)

Think about it, these little cupcakes will be running companies, businesses and such in the next 10-15 years.  We're in trouble if they keep these attitudes.
There are five things, above all else, that make life worth living: a good relationship with God, a good woman, good health, good friends, and a good cigar.

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American Soldier.  One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2016, 10:50:14 AM »
Think about it, these little cupcakes will be running companies, businesses and such in the next 10-15 years.  We're in trouble if they keep these attitudes.

No.  They won't.  They'll be eaten alive by their competitors if they choose to remain whiny little bitches.  No company will put up with their sh!t...
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2016, 10:52:04 AM »
No company will put up with their sh!t...

Well, except for a career in academia, NGOs, or the govt.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2016, 11:16:18 AM »
I have to wonder if the brittle, entitled fools at this school are the professors and administration.  I have a feeling most of the students don't give a damn.  The students that complained are part of the student body political groups. 

I was in law school when the Rodney King riots took place.  There were protests on campus.  If you could call them protests.  There were 15 or 20 students walking around yelling and waving signs.  Everyone else was going to class, or going to work, or doing what college students do.

All too often these days, a very small group of people will make noise and get some press attention.  Part of it is due to the non-stop news presence in this ever present media age.  Where I see the problem is that the administration acknowledges these small groups and gives in to whatever demands they are making.  Emory has a student body of around 16,000 students (undergrad and grad).  If there were 160 students (1% of the student body) who was really among those butt-hurt and making noise, why does the administration bother to do anything?  Why report on that?  (I know, it's Trump, so it's news worthy).  I bet you could find 160 students that were pissed off because of the type of bread in the cafeteria.  Ignore these people, keep doing business, and they'll shut up and go back to class.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark

wmenorr67

• friend
« Reply #18 on: March 24, 2016, 11:22:18 AM »
No.  They won't.  They'll be eaten alive by their competitors if they choose to remain whiny little bitches.  No company will put up with their sh!t...

Not if they are the ones owning and/or running the businesses.

Look at Wal-Mart after Sam died.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #19 on: March 24, 2016, 11:28:04 AM »
 :facepalm:

The world must be coming apart....

If I'd ever whined like that while in college because some idiot drew a bit of graffitti on a curbstone supporting some politician I didn't like, my father would have given me something  that was, indeed,  both cringeworthy, painful, and memorable.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

KD5NRH

• friends
  • I'm too sexy for you people.
« Reply #20 on: March 24, 2016, 11:33:31 AM »
No.  They won't.  They'll be eaten alive by their competitors if they choose to remain whiny little bitches.  No company will put up with their sh!t...

The problem comes when they inherit or borrow enough money to start their own business, (or inherit the business directly) then manage to get a government contract that keeps it alive.  (Or if they can't manage even that, then .gov will bail them out with our money.)

The rest of them end up in entry level or one level above, making everything a PITA for those around them.

If there were 160 students (1% of the student body) who was really among those butt-hurt and making noise, why does the administration bother to do anything?  Why report on that?

Because it lets the admin show how sensitive they are to the needs of special interest minorities.  Look at how many of the fees at a typical university go to pay for things used by less than 1% of the students who have to pay for them.

ETA: Or they manage to develop one useful-but-rare skill and an employer won't have the guts to get rid of them because they're willing to work at ~75% or less of the going rate for that skill.  Of course, the savings is more than lost in the cost of turnover and lost productivity for the people who have to deal with them regularly.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #21 on: March 24, 2016, 11:54:34 AM »
I have long thought that the popularity of shows like "Judge Judy," is a function of the fact that we see so many spouting so much balderdash, and being generally full of it, and we're pressured to go along with it, and tell them how special they are. Numerous examples will occur to you. So, we love watching someone give a useless person a piece of their mind.

Which bring us back, as all conversations do this year, to Donald Trump.

brimic

• friends
« Reply #22 on: March 24, 2016, 12:03:29 PM »

Correct. SJWs and other oxygen thieves have wormed their ways deep into the corporate and government worlds and created 'indispensable' positions for themselves- they might be outnumbered, but they hold too many cards- short of going caveman on them, there isn't a whole lot that can be done about them inside the law.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #23 on: March 24, 2016, 12:06:00 PM »
*expletive deleted*ing pussies just need to kill themselves and thus free themselves from the pain and anxiety that living in the world brings upon them.

That or we need a zombie epidemic to wipe them out.
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #24 on: March 24, 2016, 12:25:21 PM »
Correct. SJWs and other oxygen thieves have wormed their ways deep into the corporate and government worlds and created 'indispensable' positions for themselves...

Mostly in HR where they can make the maximum number of folks miserable.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.