Author Topic: Jill Stein and Vote Recounts  (Read 16119 times)

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
Jill Stein and Vote Recounts
« on: November 25, 2016, 11:40:45 PM »
So I'm trying to figure out what's behind the whole vote recount thing, ostensibly led by Jill Stein. She has apparently collected more money for it than she received for her entire presidential campaign. Some random thoughts:

So the electronic voting machines that were 100% reliable and tamper-proof when Trump mentioned potential voter fraud are now rife with hackerware?

I believe it is Wisconsin where Stein's people are saying that Trump won by the 'incredibly slim" margin of 50,000 votes. If that's "incredibly slim", then I'd assume Trump's people could call it "slim" if miraculously (or by sleight of hand) the votes flipped to +50,000 for Hillary. They would have to find at least 50,000 "fraudulent" Trump votes, then if they're calling 50K slim, they'd better come up with an additional 20K or so votes for Clinton, or they just have the same "unreliable" vote count as Trump currently does. They would have to do the same for the other contended states.

At the risk of donning tinfoil, I'd heard that Soros is actually behind this and using Stein as a patsy, and that Clinton may be in on it as well, which is why she's laying low on the subject. Normally I'd label myself as a conspiracy theorist for thinking that, but these days and with those people, I'm not so sure.

Lastly, can these people give it a rest already?  I think even some mainstream dems are beginning to get tired of it all.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Jill Stein and Vote Recounts
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2016, 12:55:34 AM »
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2016, 12:56:36 AM »
If the amount raised ($5.2 million at last count) exceeds the cost of the recount, what happens to the difference?  Does Stein get to keep it?

(I have no doubt that Soros and/or similar leftists with deep pockets are behind the fundraising)

(ETA: Stein & co promise the surplus (if any) "will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform", whatever that means)

http://lawnewz.com/high-profile/jill-stein-now-cant-guarantee-money-will-go-to-unlikely-recount/

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2016, 01:16:21 AM »
So.... Even if the recount goes against Trump it doesn't matter,  so why bother?
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2016, 08:01:08 AM »
So.... Even if the recount goes against Trump it doesn't matter,  so why bother?

But Trump loses, if they manage to flip Wisconsin. And Michigan. And Pennsylvania.  :lol:

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2016, 11:31:28 AM »
Heard on Fox News Radio driving home today that the Clinton camp admitted they are behind Stein's recount effort.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2016, 11:44:22 AM »
I'm surprised you didn't consult your favorite news source on this.  :P

http://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2016/11/25/nate-silver-if-jill-steins-recount-fundraiser-were-a-scam-it-would-probably-look-a-lot-like-this/

Okay, smart guy.  :lol:

Well, on Soros and Clinton, in some ways I'm glad that I wasn't wearing tinfoil. In other ways it's kind of a bummer that we're in an environment where that doesn't make me a whacko for believing it.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2016, 12:12:04 PM »
Unfortunately, we can't be surprised if we find out the Democratic Party is fielding assassination squads.  =|

And I'm not even one those people who believes in the Vince Foster stuff.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2016, 02:06:32 PM »
So at this point there is zero evidence of election fraud.

While there is no evidence of election tampering in the states, Green Party spokesman George Martin insisted "the American public needs to have it investigated to make sure our votes count."

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/26/clinton-team-joins-steins-three-state-vote-recount-that-begins-in-wisconsin.html

In other words, "We're just doing this for the fun of it and to be pains in the asses." To my mind, this is no different than BLM blocking a freeway or the entrance to a store.

Apparently Clinton only won NH by a couple thousand votes. Maybe there should be a recount there, and probably several other states that went her way with under 50,000 votes. Or heck, recount CA to find how many of the nearly 4 million votes for Clinton over trump were provisional ballots submitted by dead people, multiple personalities, and illegals. If there is voter fraud anywhere, I bet CA is rife with it.

I'm gonna laugh like crazy if the recount reduces Clinton votes. Of course (tinfoil again) the Soros machine has had plenty of time to "discover" uncounted ballots by now.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2016, 12:04:52 AM »
A few Hillary quotes regarding the questioning of election results:

http://video.foxnews.com/v/5225577435001/?#sp=show-clips

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2016, 10:35:50 AM »
I wonder if the recount is really just to encourage faithless electors when the electoral college meets.
"It's good, though..."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2016, 02:28:01 PM »
Hey Fistful, look - I'm using my favorite news source.  =D

This is somewhat interesting: The White House is stating that "...the election accurately reflects the will of the American people".

http://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2016/11/27/suck-it-up-hillary-lost-white-house-obliterates-recount-effort-election-reflects-will-of-the-people/

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2016, 03:11:38 PM »
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

just Warren

• friend
  • My DJ name is Heavy Cream.
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2016, 04:37:33 PM »
Interesting article.

There's also a chance that a faithless elector could cast his EV for a third person and if that person is more acceptable to the Republicans then a person no one voted for could end up as president.
Member in Good Standing of the Spontaneous Order of the Invisible Hand.

Monkeyleg

• friend
  • Tattaglia is a pimp.
    • http://www.gunshopfinder.com
« Reply #14 on: November 27, 2016, 04:53:09 PM »
Stein got 30,980 votes in Wisconsin. Presumably those votes would have otherwise been cast for Hillary. If Stein was so concerned about Hillary winning, why didn't she just stay out? Hillary would have won Wisconsin and other states, and the presidency.

Stein's ballot recount fund-raising looks like a scam to me. I'm sure she'll compensate herself well for her efforts.

JN01

• friend
« Reply #15 on: November 27, 2016, 07:55:34 PM »
I heard they just found several boxes of previously uncounted ballots in Michigan.  Mysteriously, all the votes were for Al Franken.

Scout26

• I'm a leaf on the wind.
  • friend
  • I spent a week in that town one night....
« Reply #16 on: November 27, 2016, 09:43:34 PM »
She may get a recount in WI, but not PA unless she can show fraud.  Michigan requires at least an allegation of fraud when the difference is over 2,000 votes.

http://www.weaselzippers.us/309959-recount-a-pipe-dream-would-have-to-be-taken-to-court-in-pa-chances-of-overturning-results-in-3-states-virtually-impossible/

http://www.govtech.com/blogs/lohrmann-on-cybersecurity/the-trouble-with-recounts-in-the-name-of-hacking.html

http://www.bizpacreview.com/2016/11/27/recount-effort-hits-a-major-snag-417034

Why not recounts in NH and NV.  Both of which had a closer vote count (NH-Clinton by 2700, and NV-Clinton by 26,000) then any of the states Trump won.   If she really was concerned about the election intergrity as she claims, then those would be the states to target for recounts.  Unless of course she is what she has been all along, a useful idiot.

And it could be a scam:
We cannot guarantee a recount will happen in any of these states we are targeting. We can only pledge we will demand recounts in those states. If we raise more than what’s needed, the surplus will also go toward election integrity efforts and to promote voting system reform.

If she is really going to use the surplus for "election integrity efforts", then that money will be used to push for Voter ID laws?   ;/ ;/ ;/
Some days even my lucky rocketship underpants won't help.

Bring me my Broadsword and a clear understanding.
Get up to the roundhouse on the cliff-top standing.
Take women and children and bed them down.
Bless with a hard heart those that stand with me.
Bless the women and children who firm our hands.
Put our backs to the north wind.
Hold fast by the river.
Sweet memories to drive us on,
for the motherland.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2016, 11:18:03 PM »
Can somebody check my numbers and maths on this?

The states being contested have 10, 16, and 20 votes, respectively. Trump's current electoral vote count (including Michigan) is 306. For Trump's total to fall below 270, he would have to lose all three of those states. Yes?

DittoHead

• friend
  • Writing for the Bulwark since August 2019
« Reply #18 on: November 28, 2016, 11:10:22 AM »
So at this point there is zero evidence of election fraud.

Does voter fraud not count as election fraud? Or is that a whole different thing?
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 11:16:59 AM »
Does voter fraud not count as election fraud? Or is that a whole different thing?

The election fraud here is "the Russians did it", so yeah, in this case, two different things.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 11:26:33 AM »
Just seems like with all the talk of a rigged election, dead people & illegals voting, this would be a good opportunity to shed some light on that and make Stein pay for it. Since Trump won it seems like no one cares about voter fraud anymore.
In the moral, catatonic stupor America finds itself in today it is only disagreement we seek, and the more virulent that disagreement, the better.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 12:00:58 PM »
Just seems like with all the talk of a rigged election, dead people & illegals voting, this would be a good opportunity to shed some light on that and make Stein pay for it. Since Trump won it seems like no one cares about voter fraud anymore.

Oh, I'd agree with that. Sadly, most of what you spoke of takes place in states like CA, which will never be audited, because racist or something.

DittoHead

• friend
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2016, 12:16:57 PM »
Also I see now that the Clinton campaign will participate in the recount - what does that mean? They just send observers?  Do they challenge ballots?

AJ Dual

• friends
  • Shoe Ballistics Inc.
« Reply #23 on: November 28, 2016, 03:35:55 PM »
IMO, the whole thing is just astroturf to try and re-visit all the butthurt of "Selected not Elected" that happened after Bush v. Gore in 2000 with the Florida recount.

There's no real belief on their part that they're actually going to flip a state here.

If anything, they're going to piss and moan and demand hand recounts or anything else to delay and stall so they run up against the hard deadline for the EC vote, and can then claim they were unfairly stopped etc.

It's just agitprop and a money grab.

In terms of political/fundraising triage, it's like when the ER doc on the TV show gives up on the defibrillator, and dramatically jumps up on the gurney, straddles the patient, and drops a hammer fist on their sternum.  :lol:
I promise not to duck.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #24 on: November 28, 2016, 04:44:03 PM »
IMO, the whole thing is just astroturf to try and re-visit all the butthurt of "Selected not Elected" that happened after Bush v. Gore in 2000 with the Florida recount.

I think so. As I mentioned, they would have to flip all three of the states in question. Or I guess if they flipped PA and MI, and then flipped two electoral delegates, that would work, too.