Author Topic: Gun vidjas  (Read 2732 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Gun vidjas
« on: April 23, 2017, 11:18:33 PM »
These are the rules:

Your gun video must start with some sort of hard-core, thrash-metal music. The introduction should either be a still image involving a skull, or some totally sweet operator action.

After the introduction, we need to see you or a colleague executing totally sweet operator action with the firearm in question. Though this tells us almost nothing about the gun, it does let us see that you can shoot things fast, and are therefore an Expert Operator Ninja. And your beard looks really cool.

You should then introduce yourself, and the gun to be reviewed. Please include phrases such as "hey, what's up guys," and, "just wanted to get a quick video out there on the new Spec-Ops Mini-Blaster from Scary Skull Ordnance."

The remainder of your video is up to you, but you are encouraged to use as much clinical-sounding operator-talk or cop-jargon as possible.

Thank you.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

MechAg94

• friend
Re: Gun vidjas
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2017, 11:25:07 PM »
Make sure the introduction is long enough to be irritating yet not long enough to make you stop the video or try to skip ahead.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
  • Oh please, nobody died last time...
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2017, 11:44:24 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3 on: April 24, 2017, 12:27:40 AM »
^^^That was hilarious.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Hawkmoon

• friend
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2017, 08:43:03 AM »
These are the rules:

Your gun video must start with some sort of hard-core, thrash-metal music. The introduction should either be a still image involving a skull, or some totally sweet operator action.

After the introduction, we need to see you or a colleague executing totally sweet operator action with the firearm in question. Though this tells us almost nothing about the gun, it does let us see that you can shoot things fast, and are therefore an Expert Operator Ninja. And your beard looks really cool.

You should then introduce yourself, and the gun to be reviewed. Please include phrases such as "hey, what's up guys," and, "just wanted to get a quick video out there on the new Spec-Ops Mini-Blaster from Scary Skull Ordnance."

The remainder of your video is up to you, but you are encouraged to use as much clinical-sounding operator-talk or cop-jargon as possible.

Thank you.

Ah, so you've been trying to find some useful information on YouToob, researching a prospective purchase?

"Wha-sup Youtoob."
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2017, 09:29:18 AM »
Ah, so you've been trying to find some useful information on YouToob, researching a prospective purchase?

"Wha-sup Youtoob."

Not so much recently, but I have seen too many of them over the past few years.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2017, 09:36:14 AM »
One of the reasons I like Hickok45. It's all about watching a guy who's just having fun.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #8 on: April 24, 2017, 09:44:23 AM »
One of the reasons I like Hickok45. It's all about watching a guy who's just having fun.

Funny you should say that, as I was in the middle of watching some of his videos when I posted. I was skipping the shooting bits. But, yeah, at least he's not trying to impress his homies.

mtnbkr

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 24, 2017, 12:06:21 PM »
Don't forget unboxing videos that tell you nothing about the product other than to show you have yours.

Chris

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #10 on: April 24, 2017, 02:01:35 PM »
Don't forget unboxing videos that tell you nothing about the product other than to show you have yours.

Chris
Yeah, and unboxing video should be about one minute long.  Some of those guys try to stretch it out and go on forever. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2017, 02:30:01 PM »
The other type I have seen are guys trying to be a news channel or something and mention a new pistol or something, but are just reporting what you have already heard.  They don't have the pistol and won't have, but they are happy if you spend 15 minutes watching their video. 

Then there is the "Glocks Suck!" guy who finds something about any gun to condemn it as worthless. 

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #12 on: April 24, 2017, 06:46:01 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CMsf7ZuCM84
Apex Universal Trigger

Not as good as bluestarlizzard's parody vid, but still funny.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2017, 11:04:21 PM »
This guy, I think, has made a fairly good video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOULjUhKRwY

...but then he complains that extended magazines defeat the purpose of carrying a sub-compact handgun. Has he never heard of using extended magazines as reloads? Or because you want to have some fun with it at the range?  

I do have to wonder how he gets the magazine to drop free. When I tried that with the XDs, even with an extended magazine, the heel of my strong hand prevented the magazine from moving at all.

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2017, 11:18:06 PM »
"Okay, um, I'm lost. Uh, I'm angry, and I'm armed, so if you two have something that you need to work out --" -Malcolm Reynolds

BlueStarLizzard

• Queen of the Cislords
  • friend
« Reply #15 on: April 24, 2017, 11:23:38 PM »

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 25, 2017, 05:18:43 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-wuhtyHzz0

Not as funny as Polener.

I'm a Demolitionranch subscriber, 22Plinkster too!
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2017, 07:37:08 AM »
Enough with the amateurs. You want parody videos? Behold the master:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZepJFmFB7BE

brimic

• friends
« Reply #18 on: April 26, 2017, 08:16:08 AM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2017, 08:19:46 AM »
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

Viking

• ❤︎ Fuck around & find out ❤︎
  • friend
  • Carnist Bloodmouth
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2017, 08:50:20 AM »
Hickock45, while showing a pocket gun with, at best, a 2 inch barrel:
"Let's see if I can hit that gong"
*boiiiiing*
"Haha, hit it dead center. Let's put some lead on the cowboy over there."
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 01:42:40 PM by Viking »
“The modern world will not be punished. It is the punishment.” — Nicolás Gómez Dávila

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2017, 12:56:53 PM »
^  That guy can shoot.

Or John can edit.

....Nah, he can shoot.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2017, 05:21:57 PM »
Does anybody know what the deal is with NuttnFancy? What is this nuttnfancy project he's always taking about?

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2017, 09:03:43 PM »
This guy, I think, has made a fairly good video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOULjUhKRwY

...but then he complains that extended magazines defeat the purpose of carrying a sub-compact handgun. Has he never heard of using extended magazines as reloads? Or because you want to have some fun with it at the range?  

I do have to wonder how he gets the magazine to drop free. When I tried that with the XDs, even with an extended magazine, the heel of my strong hand prevented the magazine from moving at all.

I need to record it at 78 RPM and play it back at 45 RPM. I can't remember when I last encountered anyone who talks so annoyingly fast.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

T.O.M.

• friend
« Reply #24 on: April 28, 2017, 04:05:03 PM »
Does anybody know what the deal is with NuttnFancy? What is this nuttnfancy project he's always taking about?

At first, it was gear reviews, especially knives.  He expanded it to his "project" which is the name he uses for his...I don't know, call it a lifestyle.  He presents info about his gear, how he trains, and throws in videos about politics and life.  I used to watch his gear reviews, but man are they long.  Good thorough reviews, but man does this dude talk a ton in his videos.  He does "gear checks" on viewers he finds out in public, which can be entertaining.  Especially when he starts to show what he carries.  It's nothing for him to show that he's carrying 4-6 folding knives, a multi-tool, flashlight, trauma kit, primary and back-up handguns, both with reloads.  That said, to his credit, he never claimed to be an operator.  He was an Air Force pilot.  He trains a lot, from what I can tell, and in some crappy weather, too.  And he's also good about not preaching that his way is the only way to do things.  I tend to watch his videos with my finger on the fast forward button, so to speak.  Skip ahead to the good parts.
No, I'm not mtnbkr.  ;)

a.k.a. "our resident Legal Smeagol."...thanks BryanP
"Anybody can give legal advice - but only licensed attorneys can sell it."...vaskidmark