Author Topic: Mollie Tibbetts, kidnapped and killed by illegal alien.  (Read 6181 times)

brimic

• friends
Re: Mollie Tibbetts, kidnapped and killed by illegal alien.
« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2018, 11:59:52 AM »
High School kids can only work certain hours because of being in school during the day and usually wanting time off for activities. I know it isn't right but if your an low wage employer, are you going high someone with a flexible schedule who is happy to work, or deal with a teenager.

I still think the illegal alien problem can be dealt with by going after employers, fine the sh*t out of them for hiring undocumented workers or using contractors with undocumented workers. Make it extremely unprofitable to hire anyone but documented workers or citizens. Go after everyone, ag companies, construction, hotels, etc.

Granted what we pay for good and services is going to go up, but there will be no incentive for illegal immigration.

I'm all for making employment of illegals unprofitable.
However, you will find that a lot of them are hired by politically connected or very wealthy individuals.

"Yarrabee Farms said in a statement that Cristhian Bahena Rivera had worked at its farms for the last four years and was an employee in good standing. The company said it was shocked to hear that Rivera had been charged in the death of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

Spokesman Dane Lang said Tuesday night that Yarrabee Farms is a "small family farm" owned by him and his father, Craig Lang, who has long been a prominent Iowa farmer and political figure.

Craig Lang previously served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau and president of the Iowa Board of Regents, which governs the state's public universities. In June, he lost a close GOP primary in the race for state agriculture secretary."

http://www.startribune.com/the-latest-body-found-in-rural-area-near-student-s-hometown/491361161/
"now you see that evil will always triumph, because good is dumb" -Dark Helmet

"AK47's belong in the hands of soldiers mexican drug cartels"-
Barack Obama

charby

• Necromancer
  • Administrator
  • APS's Resident Sikh/Muslim
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2018, 12:25:05 PM »

I'm all for making employment of illegals unprofitable.
However, you will find that a lot of them are hired by politically connected or very wealthy individuals.

"Yarrabee Farms said in a statement that Cristhian Bahena Rivera had worked at its farms for the last four years and was an employee in good standing. The company said it was shocked to hear that Rivera had been charged in the death of 20-year-old Mollie Tibbetts.

Spokesman Dane Lang said Tuesday night that Yarrabee Farms is a "small family farm" owned by him and his father, Craig Lang, who has long been a prominent Iowa farmer and political figure.

Craig Lang previously served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau and president of the Iowa Board of Regents, which governs the state's public universities. In June, he lost a close GOP primary in the race for state agriculture secretary."

http://www.startribune.com/the-latest-body-found-in-rural-area-near-student-s-hometown/491361161/

Lang is very connected, very connected.  

It's not a small family farm, it is a large dairy operation. Most small family farms in Iowa don't have a lot of hired help, seasonally at most, think spring panting and fall harvest. 
Iowa- 88% more livable that the rest of the US

Uranus is a gas giant.

Team 444: Member# 536

brimic

• friends
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2018, 01:43:34 PM »
^That's exactly what I surmised^

Barack Obama

Pb

• friend
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2018, 02:57:33 PM »
I would say there is probably zero chance the killer's employers didn't know he was illegal.  An illegal with fake documents, like most.

This problem will never be solved because the Republican Party is controlled by people who want to fill our country with these criminals to drive down our wages.  At the best of wealthy employers who give them money.

It is truly revolting.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2018, 03:01:46 PM »
I would say there is probably zero chance the killer's employers didn't know he was illegal.  An illegal with fake documents, like most.

Except if he really passed E-verify, what are they supposed to do? If they fire him (or even just don't hire him) for "suspicion of being illegal", he can sue.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

brimic

• friends
« Reply #30 on: August 22, 2018, 03:41:17 PM »
Except if he really passed E-verify, what are they supposed to do? If they fire him (or even just don't hire him) for "suspicion of being illegal", he can sue.

That's why the whole E-verify and Real ID things are a joke.
Its not that hard to create a fake identity, or steal and identity.

This problem will never be solved because the Republican Party is controlled by people who want to fill our country with these criminals to drive down our wages.  At the best of wealthy employers who give them money.

The Rs want the cheap illegal* labor, the Ds want the cheap illegal votes....

* I don't believe that 'labor', let alone cheap labor, should ever be illegal, it just has to be on the same level playing field as everyone else.

Barack Obama

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #31 on: August 22, 2018, 04:08:07 PM »
That's why the whole E-verify and Real ID things are a joke.
Its not that hard to create a fake identity, or steal and identity.

The Rs want the cheap illegal* labor, the Ds want the cheap illegal votes....

* I don't believe that 'labor', let alone cheap labor, should ever be illegal, it just has to be on the same level playing field as everyone else.

Totally agree. I just wanted to point out that while sometimes employers turn a blind eye for the cheap labor, sometimes their hands are tied.

It's all absolutely a mess. The other sad part is that we can talk higher wages for manual labor (which I agree with) all we want, but it also comes down to the fact that many white boys would rather make $15/hr at the 7-11 versus $25/hr in a farm field. The Mexicans that do that work are actually in general very hard workers.

Hard labor should be properly compensated, and McD's work should be minimum wage and left to High Schoolers and retirees. Though from what I've read, someone could make really good coin working up the ranks at McDs. The problem is that for whatever reason(s) way too many working age adults seem to want to make a career out of burger flipping, but also want "a living wage" out of it. That job has always been a stepping stone job - not a career.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2018, 04:31:33 PM »

Hard labor should be properly compensated, and McD's work should be minimum wage and left to High Schoolers and retirees. Though from what I've read, someone could make really good coin working up the ranks at McDs. The problem is that for whatever reason(s) way too many working age adults seem to want to make a career out of burger flipping, but also want "a living wage" out of it. That job has always been a stepping stone job - not a career.

True. When McDonald's first came on the scene, other than the franchise owner the staff was mostly mothers during the school day, and high school kids after school and on weekends. Now, at least in my corner of the world, Rosita and Guillermo commute to Mickey D's by train, and it's their primary (or only) job.
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

brimic

• friends
« Reply #33 on: August 22, 2018, 04:33:25 PM »
Totally agree. I just wanted to point out that while sometimes employers turn a blind eye for the cheap labor, sometimes their hands are tied.

It's all absolutely a mess. The other sad part is that we can talk higher wages for manual labor (which I agree with) all we want, but it also comes down to the fact that many white boys would rather make $15/hr at the 7-11 versus $25/hr in a farm field. The Mexicans that do that work are actually in general very hard workers.

I was one of those white boys as a teenager, working side by side with the Mexicans in the fields, doing hard physical labor... because there weren't many other job opportunities out in the rural areas, and yes, they are hard workers. The real problem is that life has gotten too easy- people would rather take a government check than do the hard things and earn the dignity.

Barack Obama

brimic

• friends
« Reply #34 on: August 22, 2018, 04:37:53 PM »
True. When McDonald's first came on the scene, other than the franchise owner the staff was mostly mothers during the school day, and high school kids after school and on weekends. Now, at least in my corner of the world, Rosita and Guillermo commute to Mickey D's by train, and it's their primary (or only) job.
Same here. Except its different inner city folk commuting to work at suburban McDonalds.
If there were ever a $15 minimum wage to be put in place, I'm tempted to approach the manager of the local store and offer to work for $45/hr and promise to replace the productivity of 4 of their current workers.

Barack Obama

Kingcreek

• friend
« Reply #35 on: August 22, 2018, 05:50:23 PM »
The farm employer issued a correction saying they did not use e-verify but used a different service and that he had presented a state-issued ID and a SS card.
What we have here is failure to communicate.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #36 on: August 22, 2018, 05:55:31 PM »
The farm employer issued a correction saying they did not use e-verify but used a different service and that he had presented a state-issued ID and a SS card.

Of course he did. Maybe they meant to say he presented documents that appeared to be a state issued ID and SS Card.  :mad:

bob

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #37 on: August 22, 2018, 07:13:55 PM »
Of course he did. Maybe they meant to say he presented documents that appeared to be a state issued ID and SS Card.  :mad:

bob

I'm hearing a lot of suddenly conflicting info. Besides the above by Kingcreek, also that he was legal but used a fake ID for E-verify (why would you need fake ID in that instance unless you were some other kind of criminal?). So besides fishy stuff going on, looks like we'll need to wait for some dust to settle to get the actual facts.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #38 on: August 23, 2018, 07:54:50 AM »
Anyone hear about Elizabeth Warren's performance on CNN when asked about Molly Tibbets and the fact that an illegal murdered her?

To sum it up (in exceptionally crude terms, which is how I feel about Ms. Warren)...

"*expletive deleted*ck that privileged little white *wow such a strong word to use, check your anger at the door* and focus on REAL problems! The REAL problem is Trump ripping lil' chillruns of color away from their parents at the border!"

http://thefederalist.com/2018/08/22/warren-on-mollie-tibbetts-family-separation-policy-is-the-real-problem/

She needs to be battered with that every hour of every day while she's in office, running for office, after she's out of office. That response needs to be her legacy.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

makattak

• Dark Lord of the Cis
  • friend
« Reply #39 on: August 23, 2018, 08:30:47 AM »

I'm hearing a lot of suddenly conflicting info. Besides the above by Kingcreek, also that he was legal but used a fake ID for E-verify (why would you need fake ID in that instance unless you were some other kind of criminal?). So besides fishy stuff going on, looks like we'll need to wait for some dust to settle to get the actual facts.

The fishy stuff was from his lawyer who has stopped claiming he was here legally.

The farm claims that they used the Social Security verification service, not E-Verify, but that the person who used it thought they were the same. (Why is the government providing multiple means of verification, btw? Especially since it seems one is easily fooled. Of course, that may be the point, too.)

So, after it's cleared up: he was here illegally, the farm has plausible deniability (even if I don't believe them), the lawyer is a sleazebag, and the media are a bunch of hacks who jump on every tidbit without any verification that might help their cause. Everything comes up exactly as expected.
I wish the Ring had never come to me. I wish none of this had happened.

So do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us. There are other forces at work in this world, Frodo, besides the will of evil. Bilbo was meant to find the Ring. In which case, you also were meant to have it. And that is an encouraging thought

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #40 on: August 23, 2018, 09:03:44 AM »
The fishy stuff was from his lawyer who has stopped claiming he was here legally.

The farm claims that they used the Social Security verification service, not E-Verify, but that the person who used it thought they were the same. (Why is the government providing multiple means of verification, btw? Especially since it seems one is easily fooled. Of course, that may be the point, too.)

So, after it's cleared up: he was here illegally, the farm has plausible deniability (even if I don't believe them), the lawyer is a sleazebag, and the media are a bunch of hacks who jump on every tidbit without any verification that might help their cause. Everything comes up exactly as expected.

You forgot that it's all Trump's fault because of the lil chillrun of color being separated from their parents...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #41 on: August 23, 2018, 09:59:33 AM »
I would not have the faintest idea where to go or who to contact if I was looking for a fake ID good enough to get me hired somewhere.  Where do these people get fake documents?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #42 on: August 23, 2018, 10:01:36 AM »
I would not have the faintest idea where to go or who to contact if I was looking for a fake ID good enough to get me hired somewhere.  Where do these people get fake documents?

Here in CA, the guy would have just gone to his local DMV office.

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #43 on: August 23, 2018, 10:52:43 AM »

The interesting part would be if the family sued and started into discovery. 
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2018, 11:32:50 AM »

Local DNC offices?
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2018, 12:03:54 PM »
Local DNC offices?
What did ACORN change their name to?
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #46 on: August 23, 2018, 12:17:03 PM »

I'm old enough to remember when it was illegal to use a Social Security card or number as identification for anything other than Social Security. Then, in 1968, out of the blue the Army transitioned from service numbers (I still remember mine) to Social Security numbers, and it's been steadily downhill from there.

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #47 on: August 23, 2018, 12:18:23 PM »

So, after it's cleared up: he was here illegally, the farm has plausible deniability (even if I don't believe them), the lawyer is a sleazebag, and the media are a bunch of hacks who jump on every tidbit without any verification that might help their cause. Everything comes up exactly as expected planned.

Fixed it for you.

TommyGunn

• friend
  • Stuck in full auto since birth.
« Reply #48 on: August 23, 2018, 12:42:19 PM »
I'm old enough to remember when it was illegal to use a Social Security card or number as identification for anything other than Social Security. Then, in 1968, out of the blue the Army transitioned from service numbers (I still remember mine) to Social Security numbers, and it's been steadily downhill from there.

I still have my original  ss card I got .... maybe 1970ish,  that says "not to be used for identification" on it. 

"They're takin' away your name and giving you a number ..." ~~~ line from theme song to 1960s tv spy show.
MOLON LABE   "Through ignorance of what is good and what is bad, the life of men is greatly perplexed." ~~ Cicero

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #49 on: August 23, 2018, 01:35:32 PM »
I still have my original  ss card I got .... maybe 1970ish,  that says "not to be used for identification" on it. 

"They're takin' away your name and giving you a number ..." ~~~ line from theme song to 1960s tv spy show.

Secret Agent Man
"It's good, though..."