Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 233665 times)

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #3175 on: June 21, 2024, 11:45:08 AM »
"GOP Michigan rep and gun-rights supporter Neil Friske accused of chasing a stripper while firing a gun"

https://x.com/nypost/status/1803890872930418996

From the comments:

"How else is one supposed to chase a stripper?"
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."
                          - Joe Biden, July 11, 2024

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #3176 on: June 21, 2024, 11:51:23 AM »
"GOP Michigan rep and gun-rights supporter Neil Friske accused of chasing a stripper while firing a gun"

From the comments:

Michigan is the Florida of the north.

Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3177 on: June 21, 2024, 01:47:49 PM »

Michigan is the Florida of the north.

... northern Michigan especially so.
"... and now I want to hand it over to the president of Ukraine who has as much courage as he has determination.  Ladies and gentlemen, President Putin."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #3178 on: June 21, 2024, 04:21:54 PM »

From the comments:

Boy, they complain when you put Bible verses on the walls. They complain when you employ lethal force against a harlot. It's like you just can't win with these people.
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3180 on: June 21, 2024, 08:17:13 PM »
In general, nothing we already don't know about wikipedia's bias. I did find interesting the suggestion that their bias is, for wont of a better word, clandestinely working its way into AI, which will have even people on the lookout for it subliminally conditioned to accept those explanations as facts.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/21/report-on-wikipedia-left-wing-bias-n2397528

https://manhattan.institute/article/is-wikipedia-politically-biased
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

“Those who believe without reason cannot be convinced by reason.”
― James Randi

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3182 on: June 21, 2024, 08:36:05 PM »
Apparently it's already been used to mean other things, but it occurs to me "surrealpolitik" is a good term for the mess we're in right now.
Can the liberties of a nation be thought secure when we have removed their only firm basis, a conviction in the minds of the people that these liberties are the gift of God?
--Thomas Jefferson

Angel Eyes

• friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #3183 on: June 21, 2024, 08:56:00 PM »
It'll fit right in

Does it steal luggage too?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Pb

• friend
« Reply #3185 on: June 23, 2024, 10:07:45 PM »
I find librarians like that utterly detestable.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #3186 on: June 23, 2024, 11:37:12 PM »
Meet the new communications director for the white house.

https://twitchy.com/grateful-calvin/2024/06/21/james-woods-puts-biden-administration-on-blast-for-its-new-communications-director-n2397527

I had to study the picture on the right for a bit.  At first glance, I thought that was the worst job I have ever seen of attaching a 12 lead EKG.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

“The Party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command.”
― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3188 on: June 24, 2024, 04:28:19 PM »
Anti-white privilege means you can take back a whole rap sheet of racist comments and just move on with your life.
--Thomas Jefferson

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3189 on: June 25, 2024, 05:31:19 PM »
Holy hell - count me as one of the customers who had no idea what was going on behind the scenes at Tractor Supply. They went more woke than Starbucks and Budweiser combined. As the video says, know your customer base, dummies. Those aren't Priuseses out in the parking lots with hay bales in the back. From now on, I'm going to the slightly more expensive farm store down the street from the Tractor Supply that I usually go to.

https://youtu.be/1cy9HJEq_vE

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #3191 on: June 25, 2024, 10:10:32 PM »
Holy hell - count me as one of the customers who had no idea what was going on behind the scenes at Tractor Supply. They went more woke than Starbucks and Budweiser combined. As the video says, know your customer base, dummies. Those aren't Priuseses out in the parking lots with hay bales in the back. From now on, I'm going to the slightly more expensive farm store down the street from the Tractor Supply that I usually go to.

Reminds me of the Cracker Barrel sell-out. These suits think they need to jump on the same bandwagon as all the other big companies, not realizing that people like their brand because they're NOT TargetStarbucksApple.

They're like the churches that try to build a congregation by not being too churchy, only to realize that people go to church for the churchy stuff.
--Thomas Jefferson

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #3192 on: June 26, 2024, 07:11:06 PM »
Claims she was booted off a united airlines flight for using the wrong pronouns for a flight attendant. Also says the plane then took off with her luggage.
United claims it was the captain's decision and it was for more than the pronouns but they're not saying for what.

Mother cradling distressed 16-month old son claims United Airlines staff booted her off flight from San Francisco to Houston for using their wrong pronouns
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-13573511/Mom-kicked-United-flight-wrong-pronouns.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

― George Orwell, 1984

― James Randi

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #3193 on: June 27, 2024, 08:44:09 PM »

It appears they did a 180 on policy and actually issued a sincere and succinct apology today.

https://twitchy.com/amy-curtis/2024/06/27/tractor-supply-issues-statement-following-dei-backlash-n2397735

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3194 on: June 27, 2024, 09:28:44 PM »
I'm glad that TSC came out with that apology.  They're one of the best stores in the area for farm/ranch supplies - I wasn't looking forward to shopping the other stores.

Cliffh

• friend
« Reply #3195 on: June 27, 2024, 09:31:16 PM »
On a less personal note; I'm glad to see at least one large corporation finally listen to their customers and back off from this DEI crap.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3196 on: June 28, 2024, 08:26:33 AM »
I'm glad that TSC came out with that apology.  They're one of the best stores in the area for farm/ranch supplies - I wasn't looking forward to shopping the other stores.

BUT WHO IS GOING TO SERVE THE NEEDS OF THE LGBTQIA COWS AND CHICKENS?

WON'T SOMEONE THINK OF THE LGBTQIA COWS AND CHICKENS???
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3197 on: June 28, 2024, 08:33:11 AM »
Why do I have a gut feeling that that apology is nothing more than the Tractor Supply version of the bedbug letter?

I just don't buy it. All of this DEI stuff seems to have been the CEO's initiative... and I sincerely doubt that he knew so little about his corporation's target audience that he thought this would be a good idea and would be well received.

I suspect he's actually a true believer in this crap, and that it's a religion to him.

Yeah. Bedbug letter.

They'll find ways to quietly work this *expletive deleted*it back into every day corporate life and just won't trumpet it or highlight it.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

cordex

• Administrator
« Reply #3198 on: June 28, 2024, 08:38:39 AM »
Absent a change in leadership I'd wager you are right, but the fact that they publicly backed down is notable anyway.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
« Reply #3199 on: June 28, 2024, 08:49:20 AM »
"but the fact that they publicly backed down is notable anyway."

Bedbug letter.