Author Topic: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread  (Read 120827 times)

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
Re: Maybe we should just start a The World Has Gone Mad thread
« Reply #750 on: October 01, 2022, 09:28:16 AM »
There sure are a lot of "mad world" competitors these days. I would have never guessed that in my lifetime (or anyone's lifetime) I would be reading stories written in a "this is great" light about the thriving business of cutting the breasts off of 13 year old girls in the United States of America.

How is this different from genital mutilation of African girls?

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/09/28/cbs-news-study-shows-that-quality-of-life-dramatically-improves-after-receiving-top-surgery/

It’s such an improvement that half of them kill themselves in regret.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #751 on: October 01, 2022, 09:29:55 AM »
Okay, THIS is a world gone mad. Playing James Madison's flute while twerking.  I can't even...

https://twitter.com/i/status/1575003731640274944

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/09/28/reporter-says-it-was-super-amazing-to-witness-lizzo-playing-james-madisons-crystal-flute/

Honestly, the Library of Congress couldn't have done this in a more respectable setting?

Lizzo is pure Section 8 garbage.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #752 on: October 01, 2022, 09:43:20 AM »
Lizzo is pure Section 8 garbage.

In other words someone we're expected to look up to now.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #753 on: October 01, 2022, 09:59:45 AM »
In other words someone we're expectedrequired to look up to now.

FTFY

If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #754 on: October 01, 2022, 11:13:52 AM »
https://www.coffeeordie.com/army-medical-records-russia

From the article:

According to the indictment, Gabrielian met with the undercover agent in a hotel on Aug. 24 in Baltimore, Maryland. During the meeting, she called Henry a “coward” for being nervous about leaking information protected by the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996, or HIPAA. Gabrielian also said she had no issue with violating HIPPA and that she did it “all the time.”

The risk manager stirs in his sleep and opens one eye.......

Why would medical records be worth handing-over to a hostile government?  What could they do with that sort of information?
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #755 on: October 01, 2022, 11:46:18 AM »
Why would medical records be worth handing-over to a hostile government?  What could they do with that sort of information?

My first thought is for blackmail purposes: especially if the records contained sensitive information about sex, drugs, or mental health issues.  Secondarily, to an enemy power, it may useful to know if someone who might be facing you on the battlefield or diplomatic conference room has something like cancer, and therefore may have a limited life expectancy or cognitive issues.  Look at all the surmising here about Biden's and Putin's health and impact on their decision-making capability.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #756 on: October 01, 2022, 11:51:41 AM »
My first thought is for blackmail purposes: especially if the records contained sensitive information about sex, drugs, or mental health issues.  Secondarily, to an enemy power, it may useful to know if someone who might be facing you on the battlefield or diplomatic conference room has something like cancer, and therefore may have a limited life expectancy or cognitive issues.

The very idea that this nation's fate would be placed in the hands of the cognitively impaired - what preposterous imaginings you suggest, sir!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #757 on: October 01, 2022, 11:56:14 AM »
My first thought is for blackmail purposes: especially if the records contained sensitive information about sex, drugs, or mental health issues.  Secondarily, to an enemy power, it may useful to know if someone who might be facing you on the battlefield or diplomatic conference room has something like cancer, and therefore may have a limited life expectancy or cognitive issues.  Look at all the surmising here about Biden's and Putin's health and impact on their decision-making capability.

Blackmail is a powerful spy recruitment tool
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #758 on: October 01, 2022, 11:57:03 AM »
The very idea that this nation's fate would be placed in the hands of the cognitively impaired - what preposterous imaginings you suggest, sir!

https://www.newyorker.com/news/news-desk/worrying-about-reagan

I wonder if we will ever definitively know if President Reagan was showing signs of Alzheimer's dementia while in office.

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

Ron

• friends
  • Like a tree planted by the rivers of water
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #759 on: October 01, 2022, 01:53:36 PM »
What difference does it make if the actors in office have dementia when they are nothing more than frontmen?
For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #760 on: October 01, 2022, 03:12:49 PM »

I wonder if we will ever definitively know if President Reagan was showing signs of Alzheimer's dementia while in office.

I was 8 years old at the time, so I wasn't paying attention. Was Reagan exhibiting Biden-like behavior prior to the 84 election?

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #761 on: October 01, 2022, 03:14:02 PM »

I suspect that if he did we would have known because it would have been damaging to his legacy and embarrassing  to his supporters.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #762 on: October 01, 2022, 06:12:28 PM »
It was never much of an issue while Reagan was in office at least publicly. The Bush people who were around him leaked some stuff but he passed his physical with no problems. This was at the end of his second term.

Having Bush as VP stopped cold any real progress Reagan could have made against Clown World. The Bushes and Clintons more or less are the ones who let the clowns out of the clown car. I never liked HW Bush and he was there to control Reagan IMO.

For the invisible things of him since the creation of the world are clearly seen, being perceived through the things that are made, even his everlasting power and divinity, that they may be without excuse. Because knowing God, they didn’t glorify him as God, and didn’t give thanks, but became vain in their reasoning, and their senseless heart was darkened. Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools.

JTHunter

• friends
« Reply #763 on: October 01, 2022, 11:04:02 PM »
Don't forget - Reagan was a democrat first and only became a republican later.
“I have little patience with people who take the Bill of Rights for granted.  The Bill of Rights, contained in the first ten amendments to the Constitution, is every American’s guarantee of freedom.” - - President Harry S. Truman, “Years of Trial and Hope”

Ron

• friends
    • What I believe ...
« Reply #764 on: October 01, 2022, 11:09:32 PM »
Don't forget - Reagan was a democrat first and only became a republican later.
There is that also, but I think him and Trump weren't down with the whole program. They actually did things that people who like heritage America would try to do. Maybe a faction of the beast system that wanted to preserve America instead of doing a controlled demolition.

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #765 on: October 03, 2022, 06:52:59 PM »
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/03/brokeback-mountain-trends-as-variety-explains-that-white-homophobia-doesnt-fully-account-for-bros-bombing/

The first elephant in that room is the underlying assumption that the public has a duty to support "woke" or "glass ceiling" films. (How shall I bear the shame of not rushing out to see it?) The second elephant is the phenomenon of a sodomite claiming you're a "weirdo" if you don't want to see a fun movie about 2 men falling in so-called love with each other.

Big Hairy Bee

• friend
« Reply #766 on: October 04, 2022, 06:52:58 PM »
I can't even think of the words.  Where's Batman to take care of these She-Riddlers?

A gang of six women wearing neon green bodysuits beat and robbed two 19-year-old women on a New York City subway early Sunday in a bizarre caught-on-video attack.

The incident happened around 2 a.m. on a Times Square subway train, police said.

Video posted online shows the six women aboard the train fighting with some passengers. At least one woman can be seen repeatedly punching a victim in her face while another appears to wrap her leg around a second victim and drag her to the floor.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/nyc-subway-attack-gang-women-neon-green-bodysuits-attack-rob-women

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #767 on: October 04, 2022, 06:59:12 PM »
Forget Batman, they'll just be back out to do it again and again.
I'm thinking Deadpool. The take down will be much more entertaining and they're won't be back to do it again.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #768 on: October 06, 2022, 05:18:11 PM »
Okay by me:

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/10/06/the-atlantic-the-south-is-everywhere-now-and-so-are-its-worst-political-pathologies/

"The South is no longer simply a region: A certain version of it has become an identity shared among white, rural, conservative Americans from coast to coast,"
@GrahamDavidA
 writes:
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• friend
« Reply #769 on: October 06, 2022, 06:11:20 PM »
I don't think they're going to get nearly as much of Illinois or California as they think they will.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #770 on: October 06, 2022, 07:02:59 PM »
I don't think they're going to get nearly as much of Illinois or California as they think they will.

The parts of Eastern Oregon that I frequent are more conservative than much of Western Idaho. Hence the push by like half of Oregon counties to become part of Idaho.

Sadly, those once red holdout areas in CA you're referring to are becoming either smaller and smaller or more and more purple.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #771 on: October 07, 2022, 08:36:18 PM »
Riddler Stumps Batman With Question ‘What Is A Woman?’
https://babylonbee.com/news/riddler-stumps-batman-with-question-what-is-a-woman
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #772 on: October 08, 2022, 11:39:38 AM »
"Children Can Know They're Trans 'From the Womb"
In other words they can't start grooming them early enough

In a now-deleted video, a Boston hospital says that although most kids know they are transgender around the age of puberty, many know well before being born.

“So most of the patients we have in the clinic know their gender, usually around the age of puberty. But a good portion of children do know as early as seemingly - from the womb,” the video says, adding “and they will usually express their gender identity as very young children, some as soon as they can talk... kids know very, very early.”

The hospital is also facing heat after being accused of rushing under-18-year-olds into life-altering sex change surgery.

Top Hospital Claims Children Can Know They're Trans 'From the Womb'
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/10/08/top-hospital-claims-children-can-know-their-trans-from-the-womb-n2614159
- Calvin and Hobbes

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #773 on: October 08, 2022, 12:27:56 PM »
"Children Can Know They're Trans 'From the Womb"
In other words they can't start grooming them early enough

Top Hospital Claims Children Can Know They're Trans 'From the Womb'
https://townhall.com/tipsheet/saraharnold/2022/10/08/top-hospital-claims-children-can-know-their-trans-from-the-womb-n2614159

They need to make up their minds.  Are the unborn "lumps of cells" (basically a tumor) or children?  They can't have it both ways.
"It's good, though..."

JN01

• friend
« Reply #774 on: October 08, 2022, 07:44:29 PM »
They need to make up their minds.  Are the unborn "lumps of cells" (basically a tumor) or children?  They can't have it both ways.

You can in Clown World.