Author Topic: Ooh, they are freezing relations  (Read 15103 times)

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
Re: Ooh, they are freezing relations
« Reply #125 on: April 06, 2007, 06:24:51 AM »
At least no one's using the c-word. 
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

CAnnoneer

• friend
« Reply #126 on: April 06, 2007, 07:47:08 AM »
At least no one's using the c-word. 

What was the c-word again? The shroud of Rabbism has fallen over the fog of SSism, so it is difficult to tell. Conscription, craven, cowardice, conniving, commie?

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #127 on: April 06, 2007, 08:35:49 AM »
Quote from: RevDisk
Hell, she once accidently dislocated my jaw. 

TMI there freaky.  Save it for the letters to Penthouse.  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."

wingnutx

• friend
  • Danish Cartoonist
    • http://www.punk-rock.com
« Reply #128 on: April 06, 2007, 09:18:02 AM »
The victory for Iran in this is not in giving up the hostages without being attacked.  The points they scored are PR ones:  they had western prisoners, ostensibly from a coalition that represents a threat to their country, and instead of sticking them in a Guantanamo type prison in orange jumpsuits and waterboarding them for information on British security procedures....

They gave them new suits, put them in a nice hotel room, and let them play chess and write letters home while the diplomatic wrangling went on, and then sent them home first class with bags of treats from Iran after a personal, friendly meeting with the President of the country.

The message they're sending is: Who is uncivilized and barbarous in the way it treats others?  And they did it well, regardless of the fact that no one thinks this represents a new imprisonment policy for dissidents and other foreigners throughout Iran.

from the Brits in question:
Capt. Christopher Air of the British Royal Marines said they had "feared the worst" during their captivity when they had been bound, blindfolded and lined up against a wall while they heard the sound of weapons being cocked. "There was a lot of trickery and mind games being played," he said.

We were blindfolded, our hands were bound, we were forced up against the wall. Throughout our ordeal we faced constant psychological pressure.

Later, we were stripped and dressed in pyjamas. The next few nights were spent in stone cells approximately 8ft by 6ft, sleeping on piles of blankets.

All of us were kept in isolation. We were interrogated most nights and presented with two options.

If we admitted we had strayed, we would be back on a plane to the UK pretty soon. If we didn't, we faced up to seven years in prison.

280plus

• friend
  • Ever get that sinking feeling?
« Reply #129 on: April 06, 2007, 11:01:28 AM »
It should be obvious to anyone who the FBI plant is on this board.  Duh, the guy who's here all the time.

280plus, who else?    cheesy
Good Lord, don't drag ME into this!!   shocked

When I read the first page and saw 6 more were to follow, I just headed off to the end here to see how it ended up.   laugh
Avoid cliches like the plague!

Matthew Carberry

• Formerly carebear
  • friend
  • Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
« Reply #130 on: April 06, 2007, 05:51:24 PM »
It should be obvious to anyone who the FBI plant is on this board.  Duh, the guy who's here all the time.

280plus, who else?    cheesy
Good Lord, don't drag ME into this!!   shocked

When I read the first page and saw 6 more were to follow, I just headed off to the end here to see how it ended up.   laugh

Just in time to bayonet the wounded.  grin
"Not all unwise laws are unconstitutional laws, even where constitutional rights are potentially involved." - Eugene Volokh

"As for affecting your movement, your Rascal should be able to achieve the the same speeds no matter what holster rig you are wearing."