Author Topic: Afghanistan  (Read 37102 times)

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
Re: Afghanistan
« Reply #675 on: December 11, 2021, 09:46:58 PM »
0:28 According to a friend who is a bit of an aero enthusiast, that plane's engine doesn't have an afterburner, so the flames shooting out of the tail are an indication of a "hot start" -- which he says will destroy the engine in short order.

That is correct.

I have zero confidence that a goat herder can suddenly become a jet engine mechanic.   Even Iran couldn't make that happen 40 years ago.

The middle east does not do technology.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #676 on: December 27, 2021, 12:10:14 PM »
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
« Reply #677 on: December 27, 2021, 08:57:22 PM »
That is correct.

I have zero confidence that a goat herder can suddenly become a jet engine mechanic.   Even Iran couldn't make that happen 40 years ago.

The middle east does not do technology.

Windmill!

I think we should send highly paid people like me to help them get all their toys working. Leave when the contract ends. The amount of dead talis from everything falling out of the sky would be glorious.

Thats how all the rest of the sand nations do it, lots and lots of contractors.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Andiron

• friend
« Reply #678 on: December 27, 2021, 09:00:04 PM »
Windmill!

I think we should send highly paid people like me to help them get all their toys working. Leave when the contract ends. The amount of dead talis from everything falling out of the sky would be glorious.

This is the way.  Might as well get paid.
"Leftism destroys everything good." -  Ron

There is no fixing stupid. But, you can line it up in front of a wall and offer it a last smoke.

There is no such thing as a "transgender" person.  Only mental illness that should be discouraged.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #679 on: January 11, 2022, 03:35:38 PM »
    Today the U.S. announced $308 million in new humanitarian assistance for the people of Afghanistan and a million new COVID vaccine doses provided through #COVAX (totaling 4.3M doses). We remain the single largest donor of humanitarian aid in Afghanistan.https://t.co/Ds7oMSNJaV

— Emily Horne (@emilyhorne46) January 11, 2022
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/01/11/biden-administration-announc-aes-308-million-of-humanitarian-funding-to-the-anti-humanitarian-taliban-ruled-afghanistan/

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #680 on: January 11, 2022, 04:00:04 PM »
Windmill!

It would be especially good if they start a war with some other nation over there.  Maybe we can contract with both sides.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #681 on: January 11, 2022, 04:53:53 PM »
It would be especially good if they start a war with some other nation over there.  Maybe we can contract with both sides.

That would be the best option.
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #682 on: April 27, 2022, 09:01:51 AM »
Update from Ed Nash
While our attention has been on Ukraine things have not exactly been settling down in Afghanistan especially on the borders with Pakistan and Iran.

Taliban Demonstrate Military Power as They Face Issues at Home and With the Neighbours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32KIAWCeeY
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #683 on: April 27, 2022, 09:23:42 AM »
Update from Ed Nash
While our attention has been on Ukraine things have not exactly been settling down in Afghanistan especially on the borders with Pakistan and Iran.

Taliban Demonstrate Military Power as They Face Issues at Home and With the Neighbours
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S32KIAWCeeY

Reminds me again, that the media (all sides) work hard to tell us what they want us to pay attention to. It's actually difficult to find news and information about things that are outside the media bubble.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #684 on: April 27, 2022, 09:26:51 AM »
Reminds me again, that the media (all sides) work hard to tell us what they want us to pay attention to. It's actually difficult to find news and information about things that are outside the media bubble.

Check out his channel https://www.youtube.com/c/EdNashsMilitaryMatters/videos
Besides aircraft and other things he like to cover little conflicts around the world that the MSM doesn't even mention. You may have to do some digging to get pass all the aircraft videos.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #685 on: April 27, 2022, 09:44:44 AM »
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/01/11/biden-administration-announc-aes-308-million-of-humanitarian-funding-to-the-anti-humanitarian-taliban-ruled-afghanistan/

I thought my dad was crazy (because the premise is truly insane) when he told me way back when I was a little kid that we pay our enemies after wars are over, just turns out he was right about everything, just like everything else he told me about how the world actually works.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #686 on: June 14, 2022, 11:09:02 AM »
Update

Air Force clears crew in deaths of Afghans who clung to plane during takeoff
https://www.foxnews.com/world/air-force-crew-cleared-afghan-deaths-fell-plane in the death of

- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #687 on: June 14, 2022, 11:19:19 AM »
Check out his channel https://www.youtube.com/c/EdNashsMilitaryMatters/videos
Besides aircraft and other things he like to cover little conflicts around the world that the MSM doesn't even mention. You may have to do some digging to get pass all the aircraft videos.

Case in point.
He dropped this this morning

Burma; A Country on Fire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JAdmZHP093s
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #688 on: June 14, 2022, 02:12:11 PM »
Update

Air Force clears crew in deaths of Afghans who clung to plane during takeoff
https://www.foxnews.com/world/air-force-crew-cleared-afghan-deaths-fell-plane in the death of
Why did it take nearly a year to determine that?  That should have been decided in less than a week.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #689 on: June 14, 2022, 02:20:18 PM »
Why did it take nearly a year to determine that?  That should have been decided in less than a week.

Needed to check their voting records to see if they were worth going after
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #690 on: November 14, 2023, 02:42:17 PM »
Anyone remember the media even mentioning this person?

REVEALED: American aid worker Ryan Corbett has been held hostage by the Taliban for 15 months - as extremist group demands 'unrealistic' swap for Osama bin Laden aide held in Gitmo
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-12748457/Ryan-Corbett-Taliban-hostage-wife.html
- Calvin and Hobbes

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #691 on: November 15, 2023, 02:26:58 PM »
He is not important to the right people or Joe would have already done the swap and added in a few billion.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

HankB

• friend
« Reply #692 on: November 15, 2023, 11:11:33 PM »
He is not important to the right people or Joe would have already done the swap and added in a few billion.
Idiot was seized by the Taliban a year ago . . . by which time any sane adult would have known going there was about as sensible as skinny dipping in a saltwater pool filled with toxic jellyfish.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain