Author Topic: Blame Canada  (Read 12946 times)

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Re: Blame Canada
« Reply #300 on: February 20, 2022, 11:15:03 AM »
Well, tomorrow they have to vote on his overreach so I hope he loses. Alberta is suing PM Blackface.

On one of the live feeds one member of his cabinet actually use the word permanent while describing the emergency powers. Trying to remember what her position was. And no it wasn't out of context.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
« Reply #301 on: February 20, 2022, 11:49:22 AM »
The Canadian press looks to be doing some damage control for Trudeau.
One of the structuring delusions of right wing politics today is the idea that neoliberal centrists like Justin Trudeau constitute "the left"
https://twitchy.com/samj-3930/2022/02/20/suck-it-up-blue-check-jacobin-writer-tries-desperately-and-fails-hilariously-to-pretend-justin-trudeau-isnt-really-on-the-left/

That goes both ways.  Don't quite a few people to the left of center make the assumption that all right wingers are wannabe authoritarian dictators who want to set up a theocracy? 

Almost makes you think there is some purposeful manipulation going on.  No, that can't be right.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #302 on: February 20, 2022, 01:02:00 PM »
If I've read it right, the US version of this seems to be timed to arrive in DC in time for the State of the Union Address. It appears commie pinko big tech is at security level purple chartreuse omega to remove their online presence.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/facebook-dc-trucker-page-freedom-convoy-censorship
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #303 on: February 20, 2022, 10:42:06 PM »
I think I'm gonna have to watch this...

https://youtu.be/Uxp6OG8izQg
Blog under construction

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #304 on: February 20, 2022, 10:58:23 PM »
If I've read it right, the US version of this seems to be timed to arrive in DC in time for the State of the Union Address. It appears commie pinko big tech is at security level purple chartreuse omega to remove their online presence.

https://www.foxnews.com/media/facebook-dc-trucker-page-freedom-convoy-censorship

It won't be allowed. Standby for a major false flag operation aimed at ending it.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #305 on: February 21, 2022, 11:29:24 AM »
Woman being interviewed who is suing the protesters
"Violence of the honking"

Woman who was being interviewed https://twitter.com/super_spreaders/status/1495756044362039305?s=21
She even posted the truckers tried to run her down
Be warned, quite a bit of [tinfoil] on that guy's twitter account so a grain of salt warning should apply.
Further down her lawyer is now claiming the posts are fake but she was repeating a bunch of what was said in the interview in what little i saw so....
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #306 on: February 21, 2022, 11:36:53 AM »
Since that interview was going on in a live feed and at this point I can't tell you which one unless someone posts it separately it's going to be near impossible to find.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:54:41 AM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #307 on: February 21, 2022, 11:40:17 AM »
Whole thing has a Swalwell feel to it.
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #308 on: February 21, 2022, 11:40:42 AM »
 [tinfoil]
- Calvin and Hobbes

Bogie

• friend
  • Hunkered in South St. Louis, right by Route 66
    • Third Rate Pundit
« Reply #309 on: February 21, 2022, 11:51:08 AM »
I figure that right now Dems are doing focus groups to test public opinion on how the folks will react if trucks stop delivering stuff to cities... And they're trying to figure out how to spin that for maximum hate.
Blog under construction

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #310 on: February 21, 2022, 12:34:00 PM »
I figure that right now Dems are doing focus groups to test public opinion on how the folks will react if trucks stop delivering stuff to cities... And they're trying to figure out how to spin that for maximum hate.

I believe that is the correct response by the truckers.  Trudy doesn't want them in Ottawa so they should leave and not come back (as in no deliveries)
"It's good, though..."

sumpnz

• friend
« Reply #311 on: February 21, 2022, 02:09:37 PM »
I believe that is the correct response by the truckers.  Trudy doesn't want them in Ottawa so they should leave and not come back (as in no deliveries)

What percentage of truckers do you think would play that game?  10% would be annoying to folks.  30% would be a big economic disruption.  50%+ would be crippling.  I’m not sure they’d even get 10% though.

Maybe if they said food, medicine only would be delivered (because let’s face it, starving people and denying them medicines is pretty extreme in the eyes of most, and even a lot of supporters would be turned off if they got too hungry and had family dying because they can’t get medicine) but absolutely nothing else and they could get well over 50% to cooperate that would be pretty significant.

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
« Reply #312 on: February 21, 2022, 02:36:16 PM »
What percentage of truckers do you think would play that game?  10% would be annoying to folks.  30% would be a big economic disruption.  50%+ would be crippling.  I’m not sure they’d even get 10% though.

Maybe if they said food, medicine only would be delivered (because let’s face it, starving people and denying them medicines is pretty extreme in the eyes of most, and even a lot of supporters would be turned off if they got too hungry and had family dying because they can’t get medicine) but absolutely nothing else and they could get well over 50% to cooperate that would be pretty significant.

I agree, continue food and medicine shipments but at a reduced capacity so that the lines you used to see in the Soviet Union would  look like a walk in the park compared to what the Canadians could be put through.

bob

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #313 on: February 21, 2022, 05:04:05 PM »
Hell, just stop delivering fuel for about a 100 mile radius.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #314 on: February 21, 2022, 05:11:33 PM »
I actually think such a work stoppage is better than blocking public roads. I'm not sure how I feel about the US version at this point, as they are pretty much advertising that they will be blocking public roadways.

If they managed to do that only in the vicinity of the capitol, I'm not opposed to creating a pain in the ass for the politicians. As I mentioned before though, I hated when blm and antifa basically kidnapped innocent people just trying to get home or to work, so it's a little hypocritical of me to cheer on the truckers doing the same thing.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
« Reply #315 on: February 21, 2022, 05:12:22 PM »

It's not a blockade. They could still get all those things. They'd just have to go farther to get them.

Granted, that could be a very significant hardship for the people with the least influence over govt policy, so there is that.
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

dogmush

• friend
« Reply #316 on: February 21, 2022, 07:51:10 PM »
I actually think such a work stoppage is better than blocking public roads. I'm not sure how I feel about the US version at this point, as they are pretty much advertising that they will be blocking public roadways.

If they managed to do that only in the vicinity of the capitol, I'm not opposed to creating a pain in the ass for the politicians. As I mentioned before though, I hated when blm and antifa basically kidnapped innocent people just trying to get home or to work, so it's a little hypocritical of me to cheer on the truckers doing the same thing.

They could completely gridlock Mordor on the Potomac inside the beltway and i wouldn't care.  When the blocked streets get to Blatimore and Manassas,  I'll think about condemning the truckers.  Think.

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #317 on: February 21, 2022, 08:10:42 PM »
« Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 09:46:11 PM by bedlamite »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Jim147

• friends
« Reply #318 on: February 22, 2022, 09:46:43 AM »
Now I need to change whiskey brands.
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
« Reply #319 on: February 22, 2022, 01:11:54 PM »
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #320 on: February 22, 2022, 01:13:56 PM »

RocketMan

• Mad Rocket Scientist
  • friend
  • Semper Fidelis
« Reply #321 on: February 22, 2022, 01:47:56 PM »
Wow. This guy is a former Marine. Guess the whole oath thing didn't take.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/22/dem-rep-ruben-gallego-wants-the-government-to-seize-trucks-participating-in-the-dc-convoy-and-redistribute-them/

The real problem is that there a many more like him.  They conflate the whole "protect and defend the Constitution" with protect and defend the government.  They believe the Constitution and the federal government are pretty much the same thing.
If there really was intelligent life on other planets, we'd be sending them foreign aid.

Conservatives see George Orwell's "1984" as a cautionary tale.  Progressives view it as a "how to" manual.

My wife often says to me, "You are evil and must be destroyed." She may be right.

Liberals believe one should never let reason, logic and facts get in the way of a good emotional argument.

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #322 on: February 22, 2022, 02:19:28 PM »
Wow. This guy is a former Marine. Guess the whole oath thing didn't take.

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/02/22/dem-rep-ruben-gallego-wants-the-government-to-seize-trucks-participating-in-the-dc-convoy-and-redistribute-them/

Do you want to get killdozers? Because that’s how you get killdozers.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #323 on: February 22, 2022, 04:37:39 PM »
Start a gofundme, get arrested for it, go to jail, and be denied bail because you might start another gofundme. Do not pass go, do not collect $200. Remain in jail.

Holy hell.

https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/02/22/woman-behind-gofundme-campaign-for-canadian-truckers-denied-bail-on-belief-that-she-would-re-offend/

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #324 on: February 22, 2022, 05:10:46 PM »
Meanwhile if you're BLM you can try to murder a mayoral candidate and walk out the door.
- Calvin and Hobbes