Author Topic: So, a bunch of overly self-important celebrities got together last night...  (Read 5998 times)

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
to reinforce each other about how wonderful and woke and blah blah blah blah blah...

And Will Smith took offense at a joke Chris Rock made about Jada Pinkett-Smith's hair... so Will Smith marched up on stage and... and slapped the *expletive deleted*it out of Chris Rock. And it apparently wasn't a gag.

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=will+smith+punch+chris+rock&docid=13843579556223&mid=3991164AA2D96C6C27A03991164AA2D96C6C27A0&view=detail&FORM=VIRE

And then a few minutes later Will Smith the Oscar for best actor.

And the only thing I actually care about from the Oscars is that Dune won 6 statues.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Whoops! Posted this in the wrong forum.

Ben, please move to Roundtable...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
You about coulda kept in politics if you wanted, given the lib politicians that all came out in favor of violence. I'm sure it was real, though you could still convince me it's fake, given the Oscar's terrible ratings and what they would do to change that.

"It's what you get for making fun of a black woman's hair!" Okay. Replace that with "white".

This would get most anyone anywhere in the real world fired from their jobs.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
If CR was white can you imagine the headlines?
"White Supremacy Mayhem At The Oscars!"
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
    I just don’t think Chris Rock, who created a full-on documentary about hair culture, would intentionally come for a woman he knew was suffering from a medical condition that causes hair loss. I am willing to bet he does not know about Jada’s alopecia at all. #Oscars

— Karla Ray (@KRayWFTV) March 28, 2022
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/03/28/reps-ayanna-pressley-and-jamaal-bowman-delete-tweets-praising-will-smith-for-slapping-chris-rock-over-his-bald-hair-joke/

Didn't know she was "suffering from a medical condition that causes hair loss".
So yeah, I can understand a father flipping out.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2022/03/28/reps-ayanna-pressley-and-jamaal-bowman-delete-tweets-praising-will-smith-for-slapping-chris-rock-over-his-bald-hair-joke/

Making bald jokes is off limits now?  What about fat jokes?  "Your mama" jokes?

FYI, Will Smith is Jada's husband. 
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

I thought we're all about equality and "no genders" now? If you want to be equal to men, then suck it up and take it for the same bald jokes that I get.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

And that entire family is a bunch of whackos.

WLJ

• friends
Making bald jokes is off limits now?  What about fat jokes?  "Your mama" jokes?

Sorry husband. For some reason got it in my head she was his daughter.

I not saying he was justified in slapping him just I can understand why he flipped out if it is due to a medical condition. To me medical conditions are off limits.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons
And that entire family is a bunch of whackos.

Truth.

I used to like Will Smith, but he has gone off the rails.  Maybe that is related to Scientology or maybe that is related to his career success.  Either way, Smith has fallen way down.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

WLJ

• friends
Truth.

I used to like Will Smith, but he has gone off the rails.  Maybe that is related to Scientology or maybe that is related to his career success.  Either way, Smith has fallen way down.

for one I bet he's still not over the royal ripping both he and his son got over that sci fi movie they made. Even the trailers couldn't made it appear remotely watchable.
- Calvin and Hobbes

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
I not saying he was justified in slapping him just I can understand why he flipped out if it is due to a medical condition. To me medical conditions are off limits.

AFAIK, baldness in females is the same as males - it can be either genetic or medical. I've never had anyone ask me if I have a medical condition before they make a bald joke. Nor do I care. I laugh along with everyone else.  =)

dogmush

• friend
Make a mean spirited joke about a guy's wife and you might get hit.

This is not news in any of the circles I run.

Chris is fine, Will isn't looking to catch him later and finish the job.  This is nothingburger promoted up the public consciousness by pearl clutching idiots who have internalized that no violence is ever OK.

Don't run your mouth about other people, and don't *expletive deleted*ck Around, or you may Find Out.

Chris Found Out.

230RN

• I saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be infringed.
^ Well put.

If it was a publicity stunt, it worked.  It made me comment, even if indirectly, on something about the Oscars.
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"So yeah, I can understand a father flipping out."

Will Smith is Jada's husband, not father.

WLJ

• friends
"So yeah, I can understand a father flipping out."

Will Smith is Jada's husband, not father.

See comments above.
Brain fart on my part.
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Apparently Chris Rock has just said he's not going to press charges.

HankB

• friend
Someone mentioned "Dune" . . . eventually I plan to see this remake. Other movies mentioned (in the paper, I didn't watch the show) - nope.

For a number of years now, most Oscar nominee movies have been utter crapola - they're on a par with art critics giving awards to a canvas smeared with fecal matter. Or a row of toilets.

And in a couple of years, eligibility for a nomination will require adherence to a quota on the actors, writers, and everyone else working on the movie - racial quota, LGBTQEIEIO quota, medical condition quota, and maybe a few more categories. Guaranteed to reduce the already low quality of Oscar-nominated movies. (To enforce this - won't they need a database with information many people would regard as private?)

Maybe it's something in the water they drink, but the movie community isn't merely eccentric any more, they're well down the road to total insanity.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
From the producer of The Last Samurai...

""I call upon the Academy, of which I am a member, to take disciplinary action against Will Smith," he tweeted. 'He disgraced our entire community tonight."

Given some of the *expletive deleted*it that's happened inside his industry over the past 10 or so years, and THIS is what he's worried about?

Wow.

WLJ

• friends
They'll start blaming it on the pressures of white supremacy soon if they haven't already, do a victory dance, and go home.
- Calvin and Hobbes

dogmush

• friend
Someone mentioned "Dune" . . . eventually I plan to see this remake. Other movies mentioned (in the paper, I didn't watch the show) - nope.

I liked it.  It popped back up on HBO streaming so I could watch it at home.  It wasn't perfect, but it was pretty good.

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
"How to not get your ass kicked by Will Smith".

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
I have an HBO subscription through my cable provider, which I think let's me stream HBO Max -- no sure about that. I'll have to check into it because I'd like to see Dune again.

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
"How to not get your ass kicked by Will Smith".

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

WLJ

• friends
He appeared to strike him according to CNN.

Honestly from what video I'm seen so far I can't tell if he actually did make contact. Smith had a bit of smirk on his face the whole time. Makes me wonder.

Will Smith won his first Academy Award on Sunday night and offered his apologies to the Academy and others for an earlier incident in which the actor appeared to strike presenter Chris Rock. https://t.co/4ZnOiez7r2

— CNN (@CNN) March 28, 2022
https://twitchy.com/dougp-3137/2022/03/28/mostly-peaceful-assault-cnn-tweets-about-will-smith-smacking-chris-rock-in-the-most-cnn-way-possible/
- Calvin and Hobbes