Author Topic: So, a bunch of overly self-important celebrities got together last night...  (Read 5877 times)

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
I think the little guy (slapee) should have stuck a shiv into the big guy (slapper).  Now that's entertainment!! ;)

bob

grampster

• friend
What are Oscars?  Does it have something to do with weiners?
"Never wrestle with a pig.  You get dirty, and besides, the pig likes it."  G.B. Shaw

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!

No they got rid of Weinstein.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

Fly320s

• friend
  • Formerly, Arthur, King of the Britons

Yes, weiners and losers.
Islamic sex dolls.  Do they blow themselves up?

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!

Well, there were at least two weiners in last night's episode.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Jim147

• friends
Pretty sure they both identify as womxn
Sometimes we carry more weight then we owe.
And sometimes goes on and on and on.

BAH-WEEP-GRAAAGHNAH WHEEP NI-NI BONG

French G.

• friend
  • ohhh sparkles!
Best takes I have heard thus far:

1. How not to get your ass kicked by Will Smith.
2. What did the police find on Rocks face? Fresh Prints.
3. Good thing he didn’t make a joke about Alec Baldwin’s wife.
AKA Navy Joe   

I'm so contrarian that I didn't respond to the thread.

dogmush

• friend
Best takes I have heard thus far:

3. Good thing he didn’t make a joke about Alec Baldwin’s wife.

Damn!  That's cold.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
Why did Smith use an open hand?

Because paper beats rock
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

BobR

• Just a pup compared to a few old dogs here!
  • friend
https://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-60909487

Well, yea....no, a public statement to be shared with the world media is not an apology. It is a cop out. Finding the slapee and apologizing to his face is an apology, it may even involve a quiet talk over an alcoholic (or not) beverage. But I for one do not see putting out a statement as an apology for what he did. YMMV

bob

bedlamite

• Hold my beer and watch this!
  • friend
  • Ack! PLBTTPHBT!
A plan is just a list of things that doesn't happen.
Is defenestration possible through the overton window?

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

WLJ

• friends

Well, yea....no, a public statement to be shared with the world media is not an apology. It is a cop out. Finding the slapee and apologizing to his face is an apology, it may even involve a quiet talk over an alcoholic (or not) beverage. But I for one do not see putting out a statement as an apology for what he did. YMMV

bob

Maybe this would be the first step
- Calvin and Hobbes

MechAg94

• friend
I am surprised the media is talking about this at all.  They usually don't care about black on black crime.
“It is much more important to kill bad bills than to pass good ones.”  ― Calvin Coolidge

zxcvbob

• friend

bob

It depends who is owed an apology.  Perhaps the slap was righteous and justified, and Chris Rock doesn't get an apology.  But Smith needs to apology to The Academy and the public.  (I don't know; did he issue a statement apologizing to Rock?  That would be inadequate and inappropriate)
"It's good, though..."

Perd Hapley

• Superstar of the Internet
  • friend
  • My prepositions are on/in
It's a nothingburger that's been promoted to somethingburger by a bunch of self-absorbed idiots.

It's a somethingburger that's declared a nothingburger by people who are afraid that someone will think they care about pop culture. The horrors!
"Doggies are angel babies!" -- my wife

WLJ

• friends
- Calvin and Hobbes

RoadKingLarry

• friends
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
Now I want a burger...
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
Now I want a burger...

You want the Chris Rock burger with nothing on it or the Will Smith special where they slap on everything?
- Calvin and Hobbes

K Frame

• friend
  • I Am Inimical
What about the Jada burger? No top bun.
Carbon Monoxide, sucking the life out of idiots, 'tards, and fools since man tamed fire.

WLJ

• friends
What about the Jada burger? No top bun.

After you pay for it they invite every one else in line to take a bite.
- Calvin and Hobbes

cordex

• Administrator
After you pay for it they invite every one else in line to take a bite.
Ouch.

WLJ

• friends
Sometimes. I hate being right

Forbes: Don’t talk about Will Smith’s Oscar slap without discussing the white supremacist system that helped create it
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/29/forbes-dont-talk-about-will-smiths-oscar-slap-without-discussing-the-white-supremacist-system-that-helped-create-it/

Comedian realizes she’s white and doesn’t need to have an opinion on a black man slapping another black man
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/29/comedian-realizes-shes-white-and-doesnt-need-to-have-an-opinion-on-a-black-man-slapping-another-black-man/

Guardian columnist writes that ‘white outrage’ over Will Smith’s Oscar slap ‘is rooted in anti-Blackness’
https://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2022/03/29/guardian-columnist-writes-that-white-outrage-over-will-smiths-oscar-slap-is-rooted-in-anti-blackness/
- Calvin and Hobbes