Author Topic: Being trans is hip  (Read 2009 times)

Hawkmoon

• friend
Being trans is hip
« on: April 17, 2022, 12:32:36 AM »
Or so says a prominent trans psychologist.

https://nypost.com/2022/04/15/transitions-have-gone-too-far-trans-psychologist/

Finally, a voice of [some] sanity from a genuine trans (she has had the surgery) and who has, until now, been a leader in advocating for trans rights. When such a person says it has gone too far, people should listen. But, of course ... they won't. Rebuttal:

Dr. AJ Eckert, medical director of the Gender and Life-Affirming Medicine Program at the Anchor Health Initiative in Stamford, Conn., eschewed the need for therapy.

“Being trans or gender diverse is not a mental illness, and compulsory psychotherapy is not the standard of care in the gender-affirming medical model,” Eckert, who is nonbinary and uses they/them pronouns, told the paper.

“Forcing transgender and gender diverse youth through extensive assessments while their cis peers are affirmed in their identity without question conveys to [them] that they are not ‘normal,’” they said.

Perhaps that's because they are NOT normal.

As for Anderson’s claim that kids are trans just because it’s “trendy,” Eckert asked, “Is it trendy to be one of the most marginalized and vulnerable groups?

Obviously. Open your eyes, AJ. And, by the way, consider that if this group is, indeed, one of the most marginalized and vulnerable groups, to what degree are you profiting from their vulnerability?
- - - - - - - - - - - - -
100% Politically Incorrect by Design

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
Re: Being trans is hip
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2022, 01:50:54 AM »
Frankly, I'm having a hard time understanding how come some folks have such a concern with something that is none of their business.

Man, oh, man, talk about "triggering."

I am not defending the trans stuff, I'm just wondering why the big fuss.

Is it religion based?  Is it a purely instinctual reaction, like hatred of snakes and spiders?  Does it threaten something unspoken within a person?

What?

Just asking.

Is it just for the jokes that can be created? (Doubtful, but a possible variable.)

For myself, I don't give much of a darn what you do sexually, trans-wise, or bedroom-wise, if it doesn't threaten me personally or harm someone unwillingly.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2022, 02:38:37 AM by 230RN »
WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2022, 08:19:01 AM »
Just asking.

Children. Surgery. Drugs. Grooming.

For myself, I don't give much of a darn what you do sexually, trans-wise, or bedroom-wise, if it doesn't threaten me personally or harm someone unwillingly.

I'll leave you the hell alone if you leave me the hell alone. LQBTQWERTZ people currently won't leave me alone. Much like BLM, they are demanding that I take a knee. Beep Bop Boop.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

RoadKingLarry

• friends
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2022, 08:27:21 AM »
I think the long term psychological and physical damage that can be caused by libtards pushing "trans" on little kids and puberty blockers on kids really way too young to understand what the hell is going on is criminal as hell.
Not to mention the problems it has caused when  young women are forced.to share facilities with biological males, or biological males are allowed to compete against biological females in things where physical strength is an issue.

If an adult wants to go that route more power to them, I don't care, just don't force me to pay for their delusional bullshit.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.

Samuel Adams

Boomhauer

• Former Moderator, fired for embezzlement and abuse of power
  • friends
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2022, 08:49:34 AM »
Frankly, I'm having a hard time understanding how come some folks have such a concern with something that is none of their business.

Is it religion based?  Is it a purely instinctual reaction, like hatred of snakes and spiders?  Does it threaten something unspoken within a person?

What?

Just asking.

Is it just for the jokes that can be created? (Doubtful, but a possible variable.)

Because they are preying on kids on a massive scale and because they are forcing their insane bullshit on us who don’t want anything to do with it.

Hearing no evil, seeing no evil, and speaking no evil about it now will result in right wing death squads when the inevitable backlash comes.
Quote from: Ben
Holy hell. It's like giving a loaded gun to a chimpanzee...

Quote from: bluestarlizzard
the last thing you need is rabies. You're already angry enough as it is.

OTOH, there wouldn't be a tweeker left in Georgia...

Quote from: Balog
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2022, 09:15:11 AM »
I was watching The Big Lebowski last night on the peacock streaming service, and they keep serving up an Adidas ad that celebrates "trans women" competing in sports against real women.

The big fuss is instinctual, but it's not because they are threatening to or different from us.  It's because they are targeting children, and because they are hurting women by invading their safe spaces (like locker rooms) and ruining women's sports.

If so-called trans women want to compete in men's sports where they belong, fly your freak flag and go for it.
"It's good, though..."

lee n. field

• friend
  • tinpot megalomaniac, Paulbot, hardware goon
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2022, 09:31:37 AM »

What?

Just asking.

Because it's a power thing.  They want to assert power over you by forcing you to assent to obvious absurdities.
In thy presence is fulness of joy.
At thy right hand pleasures for evermore.

griz

• friend
« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2022, 09:44:34 AM »

My selfish concern is that it's changing our language, and thus seems to be trying to fundamentally alter the way we have think of men and women.  Examples:  "men" getting pregnant and "women" raping people who have always been women.  It makes it so that I can't read a news story about the topic without having to translate from 2022 speech to English as spoken ten years ago.
Sent from a stone age computer via an ordinary keyboard.

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2022, 09:51:36 AM »
People called me paranoid when I said tolerance and acceptance will soon not be enough for them and they will start demanding you must embrace the gay/tranny/etc... lifestyle.
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HankB

• friend
« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2022, 09:52:40 AM »
What consenting adults do with or to one another in private is their own business. Stay out of my face and I'll leave you alone. That's tolerance. But there's this idea from the left that being left alone isn't tolerant enough - they demand to be celebrated and cheered.

No. Get in my face or push me - and I'll push back. Hard.

And don't try to indoctrinate kids or subvert women by pretending to be female on the sports field or violating their privacy in the bathroom.
Trump won in 2016. Democrats haven't been so offended since Republicans came along and freed their slaves.
Sometimes I wonder if the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on, or by imbeciles who really mean it. - Mark Twain
Government is a broker in pillage, and every election is a sort of advance auction in stolen goods. - H.L. Mencken
Patriotism is supporting your country all the time, and your government when it deserves it. - Mark Twain

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2022, 09:54:32 AM »
People called me paranoid when I said tolerance and acceptance will soon not be enough for them and they will start demanding you must embrace the gay/tranny/etc... lifestyle.

“Suck the girl dick, bigot!” is now reality

BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE! AND THROW SOME STEAK ON THE GRILL!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2022, 11:40:28 AM »
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said.  You do you, and don’t make it my business and I won’t care (unless you’re my kid, then I’ll care because I won’t want you to suffer). 

The problem is that “they” won’t let us ignore them.  And in particular they’re heavily targeting children.  Lefties/progressives have a birth rate approaching 1.  Remember replacement rate is a little over 2.  Conservatives are, I think pretty close to 2.  So while conservatives are probably still under replacement rate overall, they’re outbreeding liberals by substantial margins.  So the only way the left can stay viable long terms is to turn kids to the left and alienate them politically from their conservative parents.  Which explains why they are trying to indoctrinate kindergartners with trans ideology.  Make that “normal” for them at 5 and by 25 (if they haven’t off’d themselves given the high suicide rate among trans even with societal and family support) they’ll be dutiful  progressive voters.
Formerly sumpnz

Boomhauer

• friends
« Reply #12 on: April 17, 2022, 12:10:16 PM »
Yeah, pretty much what everyone else has said.  You do you, and don’t make it my business and I won’t care (unless you’re my kid, then I’ll care because I won’t want you to suffer). 

The problem is that “they” won’t let us ignore them.  And in particular they’re heavily targeting children.  Lefties/progressives have a birth rate approaching 1.  Remember replacement rate is a little over 2.  Conservatives are, I think pretty close to 2.  So while conservatives are probably still under replacement rate overall, they’re outbreeding liberals by substantial margins.  So the only way the left can stay viable long terms is to turn kids to the left and alienate them politically from their conservative parents.  Which explains why they are trying to indoctrinate kindergartners with trans ideology.  Make that “normal” for them at 5 and by 25 (if they haven’t off’d themselves given the high suicide rate among trans even with societal and family support) they’ll be dutiful  progressive voters.

I’ve heard that like 30 percent of kids are saying they are transgender. 10 years ago trannies were something you laughed at Bangkok about not widely present in American society. Now it’s an attention seeking trend.

AZRedhawk44

• friends
« Reply #13 on: April 17, 2022, 12:11:25 PM »
“Suck the girl dick, bigot!” is now reality

Pretty much.  So glad I'm not on the dating scene any more.  From  what I hear, the dating apps are getting sued regularly for writing their interface to encourage trans folks to identify as such, and the trans folk want to be listed as whatever they think they are rather than what the rest of the dating app subscriber pool thinks they are.  To my understanding lesbians are getting the worst of it because of all the M2F's that are out there.

I would also expect, due to natural psychology of both natural sexes, that there are a lot more M2F's out there that are single, than F2M's.  M2F's still have inherently male psychology and males are accustomed to smaller or nonexistent support networks, and making drastic decisions in a vacuum of support.  Females need more support for dramatic decisions and an F2M is more likely to have a partner that supports the transition before, during, and after the fact (which leaves them out of the dating pool).

"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #14 on: April 17, 2022, 12:21:01 PM »
To my understanding lesbians are getting the worst of it because of all the M2F's that are out there.

Just like with the swim teams they have to suck it or be accused of bigotry
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

HeroHog

• Technical Site Pig
  • Administrator
  • It can ALWAYS get worse!
    • FaceButt Profile
« Reply #15 on: April 17, 2022, 12:29:37 PM »
I stand by "Do you now or have you EVER had a penis?"
I might not last very long or be very effective but I'll be a real pain in the ass for a minute!
MOLON LABE!

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #16 on: April 17, 2022, 12:41:25 PM »
I’ve heard that like 30 percent of kids are saying they are transgender. 10 years ago trannies were something you laughed at Bangkok about not widely present in American society. Now it’s an attention seeking trend.

That 30% I think includes all the letters, not just the T.  So a kid that’s “asexual” would be on that spectrum rather than just a “prude” or “frigid”.
Formerly sumpnz

230RN

• saw it coming.
  • friend
  • ...shall not be allowed.
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2022, 12:54:23 PM »
Ben said (and seconded by others) 

"LQBTQWERTZ people currently won't leave me alone."

That, and the matter of the kids, are valid points.

So why arent we railing about other groups who are also "marketing"  (bad choice of words) aggressively?

WHATEVER YOUR DEFINITION OF "INFRINGE " IS, YOU SHOULDN'T BE DOING IT.

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2022, 01:06:10 PM »
Ben said (and seconded by others) 

"LQBTQWERTZ people currently won't leave me alone."

That, and the matter of the kids, are valid points.

So why arent we railing about other groups who are also "marketing"  (bad choice of words) aggressively?

What other groups that are in opposition to traditional family structures are we not railing against?  BLM gets plenty of railing here, as do their fellow commie travelers.
Formerly sumpnz

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2022, 01:19:51 PM »
Because it's a power thing.  They want to assert power over you by forcing you to assent to obvious absurdities perversions.

FIFY

Hawkmoon

• friend
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2022, 01:27:56 PM »

And don't try to indoctrinate kids or subvert women by pretending to be female on the sports field or violating their privacy in the bathroom.

A couple of decades ago a flight to Russia involved a stopover in Stockholm. I was a bit surprised to find that in the airport there were no men's or women's toilet room. There was a bank of individual toilet rooms. They were nowhere near as large as the handicapped-accessible unisex (or "family") toilet rooms we see today in the U.S., they were more like slightly over-sized toilet stalls but with solid walls and real doors. I think we need to start agitating for all public restrooms in the U.S. to be set up that way. It's the only way to protect  the normies from the LGBTQXYZEIEIO nutcases. And ... it's totally gender-neutral, so absolutely non-discriminatory.

zxcvbob

• friend
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2022, 01:32:00 PM »
A couple of decades ago a flight to Russia involved a stopover in Stockholm. I was a bit surprised to find that in the airport there were no men's or women's toilet room. There was a bank of individual toilet rooms. They were nowhere near as large as the handicapped-accessible unisex (or "family") toilet rooms we see today in the U.S., they were more like slightly over-sized toilet stalls but with solid walls and real doors. I think we need to start agitating for all public restrooms in the U.S. to be set up that way. It's the only way to protect  the normies from the LGBTQXYZEIEIO nutcases. And ... it's totally gender-neutral, so absolutely non-discriminatory.

A good solution for *new* public toilets.  It could be very expensive to retrofit existing buildings.
"It's good, though..."

MillCreek

• Skippy The Wonder Dog
  • friend
  • APS Risk Manager
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2022, 01:45:57 PM »
https://www.vox.com/23021971/florida-gay-trans-lgbtq-laws

So does this account for the sudden upsurge of interest on APS?

Quote from: Angel Eyes on August 09, 2018, 01:56:15 AM
You are one lousy risk manager.

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2022, 02:12:05 PM »

Typical if you're not pro-X then you're an anti-X bigot BS.

BTW: To be fair both/all sides are guilty of similar

- Calvin and Hobbes

Northwoods

• friend
  • Formerly sumpnz
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2022, 02:26:01 PM »

So does this account for the sudden upsurge of interest on APS?

Umm, so now we’re homophobic for not wanting LGBTWTFBBQ ideology pushed on our kids?  Are we “white suprematists” for opposing the objectively racist “critical race theory” pimped by the likes of Ibrim X Kendi? 

This is what is so evil about the left these days.  The definitions of many terms are being changed by them (thanks to their sycophantic media allies) so that whatever the non-left is doing is made to sound intolerant, bigoted, etc. 

They maligned the Florida bill as “don’t say gay”, when all it did was ban having discussions with kids about sexuality and gender identity until they’re 8 years old.  Who the hell finds discussing those topics with a 7 year old, let alone a 5 year old appropriate!?  Most of what they want to discuss would be considered sexual harassment if between adults in the workplace.  Why is it not just OK but necessary when pre-pubescent kids are the audience?

And while nobody I know objects to history meaningful to non-white cultures being taught, that’s not what CRT does.  Instead it teaches that western civilization (and by extension white peoples) are the cause of all suffering and oppression in the world.  Want to teach kids about the history of India (better include the Mughal empire) including the affects of British colonialism?  Fine.  But don’t leave out the ways the British brought India into the 20th century.  And the legacy of the British in terms of the industrial revolution and western cultural heritage.  Reducing that to “white guys bad, apologize for your privilege” is just as wrong as pretending that other culture’s history is irrelevant.
Formerly sumpnz