Author Topic: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting  (Read 29667 times)

AZRedhawk44

• friends
Re: Uvalde, Texas elementary school shooting
« Reply #450 on: May 22, 2024, 05:57:29 PM »
Given Qualified Immunity, it's just coming out of Texas' taxpayers pockets, or Federal taxpayer pockets.
"But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case, it is unfit to exist."
--Lysander Spooner

I reject your authoritah!

WLJ

• friends
  • On Patrol In The Epsilon Eridani System
« Reply #451 on: May 26, 2024, 03:57:20 PM »
James Reeves looking at the DD lawsuit
He thinks given what happened to Bushmaster with the Sandy Hook lawsuits DD may be in trouble.
Also of note they're also suing Facebook, for allowing DD to have a page and ads I suppose, and Activision for including a DD rifle in Call of Duty.

Why Daniel Defense May Be In Trouble
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFhdeuspGTo
"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #452 on: June 06, 2024, 05:58:47 PM »
FedEx and UPS also being sued over the Uvalde massacre:

https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/uvalde-school-shooting-fedex-ups-lawsuits-19498710.php

(source is not The Babylon Bee, so apparently it's serious)

""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #453 on: June 06, 2024, 06:15:52 PM »
FedEx and UPS also being sued over the Uvalde massacre:

https://www.expressnews.com/news/article/uvalde-school-shooting-fedex-ups-lawsuits-19498710.php

(source is not The Babylon Bee, so apparently it's serious)

Among other crazy stuff in the suit:

The suit also contends that FedEx, before shipping the rifle, should have sent a signed, sworn statement about the purchase to the shooter’s home and waited until it got back a receipt confirming delivery.
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

Angel Eyes

• Lying dog-faced pony soldier
  • friend
  • You're not diggin'
« Reply #454 on: June 06, 2024, 06:42:39 PM »
I must be missing something.  Wouldn't the rifle be shipped to the FFL and not to the buyer's home?
""If you elect me, your taxes are going to be raised, not cut."
                         - master strategist Joe Biden

Ben

• Administrator
  • I'm an Extremist!
« Reply #455 on: June 06, 2024, 06:49:28 PM »
I must be missing something.  Wouldn't the rifle be shipped to the FFL and not to the buyer's home?

The article even says it was shipped to the FFL. I've never looked to see how it works, but I assume that internet purchases are shipped with an address label that says, to: "XYZ Firearms", not "XYZ Firearms, ATTN: Joe Blow customer". Which would mean there is no way for the shipper to know where to send the theoretical "shipping consent form".
"I'm a foolish old man that has been drawn into a wild goose chase by a harpy in trousers and a nincompoop."

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #456 on: June 06, 2024, 07:36:37 PM »
Also of note in that

It also focuses on the gunman's online purchase of a Hellfire Gen 2 snap-on trigger system, which converts a firearm from semi-automatic to fully automatic. The shooter was underage when he bought the attachment, but UPS shipped it to Uvalde anyway, according to the lawsuit.

A google search brought this up

In the aftermath of the shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, law enforcement recovered a Hellfire trigger device from one of the classrooms where the massacre took place. The device – nearly identical to a bump stock – allows a semi-automatic rifle to fire at a rate similar to a fully automatic machine gun. In 2019, ATF prohibited the manufacture, sale, and possession of bump stocks, which were used in the deadly 2017 mass shooting in Las Vegas.
Congressman Castro Leads Call for ATF to Prohibit Sales of Hellfire Trigger Devices
https://castro.house.gov/media-center/press-releases/congressman-castro-leads-call-for-atf-to-prohibit-sales-of-hellfire-trigger-devices

On one hand they say it converts a gun to fully automatic and also say it allows a rate of fire similar to a full automatic. Make up your minds guys.

I suppose this is the device in question

Hellfire: The Uvalde Shooter Owned a Device That Makes AR-15s Even More Deadly
https://www.rollingstone.com/politics/politics-news/uvalde-shooting-hellfire-gun-control-ar15-1368407/

Also found this ad. Is that even a real ad? Looks like something you used to find in the back pages of comic books.

"Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us".
- Calvin and Hobbes

WLJ

• friends
« Reply #457 on: June 06, 2024, 07:43:38 PM »
And as far as him being underage even they admit in the article he wasn't but they did say that doesn't matter because....

According to a Texas House committee report on the massacre, the gunman went online to buy two assault rifles — including the one he used at Robb Elementary — immediately after he turned 18 on May 16, 2022, a week before the shooting. The minimum age for such purchases is 18.

The lawsuit says that regardless, FedEx had a legal obligation to verify the buyer's age before shipping the weapon and failed to do so.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2024, 07:59:17 PM by WLJ »
- Calvin and Hobbes